S&R Shopping Report for Nov 14 2013

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

They had milk, but of course I didn't buy any because I don't drink milk. Nonetheless, my time walking past the milk aisle made me miss Mr. Wonderful so I thought I would post a shopping report.

I bought a bunch of overpriced imported crap. I spent 8,500 pesos. It took them 20 minutes to straighten out the sale price on the box of Meltique rib eyes and turkey breast I bought. Both on sale, both a cluster*ck to buy because it took a three ring circus to get the right price. Still not sure I got the right price but caved to submission because I really wanted a piece of pizza and fountain drink more than worrying about 20 pesos. If I spent the same in the US at Costco my cart would have been pretty full. And I would have been stuffed from all the free samples  to be found throughout the store. 

I enjoyed my pizza and drink and texted the driver I hired and just as I walked out of S&R he answered me to say he ran to help his wife with something and would be right back. Now there is no going back inside S&R once you leave with your stuff.  His idea of right back is more like three "for a while sirs". All I could think about were my steak and turkey breast thawing. I am not a very patient man and used to being totally independent so waiting for some moron to pick me up while I watch person after person get picked up by their driver almost drove me over the edge. There were plenty of nice looking girls to chat with in the area though (the only thing this country has going for it really). So all was not lost. I couldn't quite relax though since my wife's hormones are flaring all I could think in the back of my head was her running at me with her big belly in one hand and a bolo in the other. Normally she tolerates my flirting just fine, but pregnancy is a dangerous thing for men! 

They should really have a collection box at the store for flood victims. I would have bought a shit load of canned goods if I could have dropped it right there on the spot. There is one here in our condo complex, so hopefully I find the car I want soon and I'll load it up with relief goods. 

I hope this maid thats starting tomorrow is not remotely attractive.

• Like 7
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Monsoon

• Salty Dog

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They had milk, but of course I didn't buy any because I don't drink milk. Nonetheless, my time walking past the milk aisle made me miss Mr. Wonderful so I thought I would post a shopping report.   I

sorry to say your shopping reports are a sore disappointment compared to our fallen hero's. next time bring your own snacks you MORON

Sometimes I don't drive for a week, but when I need to, it sure is handy. The few times I took a taxi to the mall, it rained like hell when we were leaving and it took forever to get as taxi. I just t

Posted Images

Ha Ha  blame the driver for not letting your meat loaf. Yeah I see my Kirkland Columbo there for 1,000 pesos while here the same can is $9. So how am I going to get 30 pounds in ? LOL  On a serious note I am going to donate to a relief fund. You got any suggestions ? I like everybody else wants as much of my funds getting to the needy. I was thinking Oxfam or Unicef.

Oh yeah almost forgot. its  also fun watching some of the locals dipping their pizza in  the free ketchup and mustard. Waste of good pizza.

Edited by fluke
smokey

They had milk, but of course I didn't buy any because I don't drink milk. Nonetheless, my time walking past the milk aisle made me miss Mr. Wonderful so I thought I would post a shopping report.

I bought a bunch of overpriced imported crap. I spent 8,500 pesos. It took them 20 minutes to straighten out the sale price on the box of Meltique rib eyes and turkey breast I bought. Both on sale, both a cluster*ck to buy because it took a three ring circus to get the right price. Still not sure I got the right price but caved to submission because I really wanted a piece of pizza and fountain drink more than worrying about 20 pesos. If I spent the same in the US at Costco my cart would have been pretty full. And I would have been stuffed from all the free samples  to be found throughout the store. 

I enjoyed my pizza and drink and texted the driver I hired and just as I walked out of S&R he answered me to say he ran to help his wife with something and would be right back. Now there is no going back inside S&R once you leave with your stuff.  His idea of right back is more like three "for a while sirs". All I could think about were my steak and turkey breast thawing. I am not a very patient man and used to being totally independent so waiting for some moron to pick me up while I watch person after person get picked up by their driver almost drove me over the edge. There were plenty of nice looking girls to chat with in the area though (the only thing this country has going for it really). So all was not lost. I couldn't quite relax though since my wife's hormones are flaring all I could think in the back of my head was her running at me with her big belly in one hand and a bolo in the other. Normally she tolerates my flirting just fine, but pregnancy is a dangerous thing for men! 

They should really have a collection box at the store for flood victims. I would have bought a shit load of canned goods if I could have dropped it right there on the spot. There is one here in our condo complex, so hopefully I find the car I want soon and I'll load it up with relief goods. 

I hope this maid thats starting tomorrow is not remotely attractive.

re think the driver new and already blowing smoke up your ???   i cant tell you the number of times i used to call and say we are heading out of sm pick us up outside and i wait and wait .... sorry sir i was sleeping , eating ,, talking,, thinking ,, or just busy 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

re think the driver new and already blowing smoke up your ???   i cant tell you the number of times i used to call and say we are heading out of sm pick us up outside and i wait and wait .... sorry sir i was sleeping , eating ,, talking,, thinking ,, or just busy 

Wish I could have fired him, but he works for himself. One of those on call private driver with car people. I haven't bought a car yet. Cant make up my mind what I want. Only been back 3 days now. 

last visit to Sr came away with two apple pies. a dozen bundy,. tiger beers and budweiser all on steep discounts Not too keen on much else from there

smokey

Wish I could have fired him, but he works for himself. One of those on call private driver with car people. I haven't bought a car yet. Cant make up my mind what I want. Only been back 3 days now. 

union back and BPO has massive list of repo units .. just look for cebu units...if your in cebu

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Sometimes I don't drive for a week, but when I need to, it sure is handy. The few times I took a taxi to the mall, it rained like hell when we were leaving and it took forever to get as taxi. I just try to make sure we are always home by 4 pm to beat the rush hour(s) traffic from hell.

• Like 2
smokey

Sometimes I don't drive for a week, but when I need to, it sure is handy. The few times I took a taxi to the mall, it rained like hell when we were leaving and it took forever to get as taxi. I just try to make sure we are always home by 4 pm to beat the rush hour(s) traffic from hell.

yet the excitement just keeps going and going...  i have to wonder often what am i doing ,,, my wife is not here ,, she dont allow me to play ,,, everything is either out of stock or broken  i think i need to become a drunk to settle out my time 

• Administrator
Salty Dog

yet the excitement just keeps going and going...  i have to wonder often what am i doing ,,, my wife is not here ,, she dont allow me to play ,,, everything is either out of stock or broken  i think i need to become a drunk to settle out my time 

1381335_282265638565071_2103979655_n.jpg

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

So another day at the mall. I notice it is full of nothing I want to buy. Getting there is unpleasant. Filipinos in SUVs think anyone walking isnt a valuable life. Although I did find the new phone Ive been meaning to buy. Only 40% more expensive here.

They want more for the old model MacBook Pro than the latest model I just bought week ago.

Who buys this shit here?

Cute girls running around but being married its like being diabetic and working in a candy store.

Its allegedly about $20k less to have a baby here. I think ill burn through that before the kid is born. Should have just brought mother over on a domestic helper visa. Maybe the wife will let me go back and return when things get closer. That or im getting a few girlfriends.

Went to Jamba Juice. The girl asks me if i want something refreshing. WTF? No I want something that.doesnt refresh me. I order a smoothie called "Peach Passion" she asks, "with peaches sir?"

You cant make up shit better than this!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

sorry to say your shopping reports are a sore disappointment compared to our fallen hero's. next time bring your own snacks you MORON

• Like 3
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

At least I didnt buy Budweiser or $40 frozen pizzas.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
smokey

So another day at the mall. I notice it is full of nothing I want to buy. Getting there is unpleasant. Filipinos in SUVs think anyone walking isnt a valuable life. Although I did find the new phone Ive been meaning to buy. Only 40% more expensive here. They want more for the old model MacBook Pro than the latest model I just bought week ago. Who buys this shit here? Cute girls running around but being married its like being diabetic and working in a candy store. Its allegedly about $20k less to have a baby here. I think ill burn through that before the kid is born. Should have just brought mother over on a domestic helper visa. Maybe the wife will let me go back and return when things get closer. That or im getting a few girlfriends. Went to Jamba Juice. The girl asks me if i want something refreshing. WTF? No I want something that.doesnt refresh me. I order a smoothie called "Peach Passion" she asks, "with peaches sir?" You cant make up shit better than this! Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

like my angus burger i ordered and they bring it to me with chicken on it ... sorry sir out of stock of the burger... WTF

Half Baked

like my angus burger i ordered and they bring it to me with chicken on it ... sorry sir out of stock of the burger... WTF

Prolly cause they had a sale on 'em a week or so ago. I got two bags!

Might have an Angus beef burger for lunch today. With a Dr. Pepper!! HA!

Edited by Half Baked
smokey

Prolly cause they had a sale on 'em a week or so ago. I got two bags!

Might have an Angus beef burger for lunch today. With a Dr. Pepper!! HA!

one part of me wants to eat at FGIF every day but the other part of me growing up in the ghetto says taco bell is the place