Sponsoring This Forum As A Matter of Personal Integrity - Give Value To The Forum In Exchange For What You Receive

Chris24

jtmwatchbiz

I got an idea.....

How would it be if you add an feature only available to sponsoring members?

My suggestion: Archive all posts older than 6 months - make them visibel only to your sponsors.

How about that? Doable?

that's probably doable but it may deprive newbies as well as regular members of vital info when they do a search on topics. perhaps your idea would work well with making the downstairs only visible to sponsors, as nothing going on there is of any value to anyone including the participants :)

• Like 2
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jtmwatchbiz

• Davaoeno

• Paul

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What makes this site is the members. Even those who annoy the h*** out of the admin/mod team!   It has so much information that is is a valuable resource, and enough experienced members who can, and

They said it would close in 2 years hoping you would leave.

when this forum earns money over and above it's operating costs  that money is donated to filipino charities

that's probably doable but it may deprive newbies as well as regular members of vital info when they do a search on topics. perhaps your idea would work well with making the downstairs only visible to sponsors, as nothing going on there is of any value to anyone including the participants :)

Um, excuse me but what about Random Hotties?

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

Um, excuse me but what about Random Hotties?

my bad :)

• Like 1

I got an idea.....

How would it be if you add an feature only available to sponsoring members?

My suggestion: Archive all posts older than 6 months - make them visibel only to your sponsors.

How about that? Doable?

Possibly but it would take away one of the benefits to those seeking information, and that is, that the info is here.

Then we would just get the same question repeated many times.

• Like 2

It would also do something I would never want. It would remove much needed content from the "eyes" of search engines. Well, I could make it visible to the search engine spiders only. But, when a visitor (guest) loaded the result, it would just give them an error page, rather than the information they seek. 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

It would also do something I would never want. It would remove much needed content from the "eyes" of search engines. Well, I could make it visible to the search engine spiders only. But, when a visitor (guest) loaded the result, it would just give them an error page, rather than the information they seek. 

Put the info ads back and exempt sponsors. 

• Like 1

No. I removed them, promising to never put them back. I won't, come hell or high water. But, if they don't support the forum, in one form or another, I feel as though they shouldn't have bitched about it in the first place. 

• Like 2