Sponsoring This Forum As A Matter of Personal Integrity - Give Value To The Forum In Exchange For What You Receive

Chris24

He did the same thing to me, Ian. I politely asked something of mods the other day and jm accused me of demanding. The money he is paying seems to have gone to his head: he uses a strategy of accusing people who request something he doesn't like of demanding.

This could also be a danger of people sponsoring the site in that people may then think they are in power. For that reason as well as others I'd like to see money being raised by more usual monetisation methods, for example *infolinks, advertising, membership areas of the site (such as the downstairs forums).

* = :)

edited to correct a missing word.

Edited by spydoo
  • Like 2
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jtmwatchbiz

• Davaoeno

• Paul

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What makes this site is the members. Even those who annoy the h*** out of the admin/mod team!   It has so much information that is is a valuable resource, and enough experienced members who can, and

They said it would close in 2 years hoping you would leave.

when this forum earns money over and above it's operating costs  that money is donated to filipino charities

thebob

and as I said he should certainly be making a profit. I wouldnt do it for free and i sure dont think he should either .

I guess we should all be grateful that you aren't Paul then.

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

never editing to add something or to correct something ??

you sure that's all? compare all of my quotes of you and let me know. too bad i didn't quote your entire posts as the back-peddling would be even more blatant but i don't like to waste band width.

are we finished with this now?

jtmwatchbiz

He did the same thing to me, Ian.

oh you poor baby...wait while i get you 2 whiners a box of kleenex and round up a violin player. if you are looking to ian for sympathy you are going to be sorely disappointed :)

• Like 2
Davaoeno

I guess we should all be grateful that you aren't Paul then.

You got that one right !!!!  :ROFLMAO:   Do you really think i would put up wlth a bunch of egotistical idiots like me and watchguy for free ????? NO WAY JOSE !!   :yahoo:

oh you poor baby...wait while i get you 2 whiners a box of kleenex and round up a violin player. if you are looking to ian for sympathy you are going to be sorely disappointed :)

Ian dont do sympathy !!!   :bashtroll:     just ask anyone at the HHJJ Club ! 

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

on that note i hope everyone enjoyed the show. please join ian and the rest of us in our support of this fun and informative site and remember, this kind of high-brow entertainment relies on the support of all us members so please donate and keep the site going!

• Like 2
Scruffydog

The info and real time updates from members was invaluable during the recent tragedy. It was the best source in America at the time.I was on here constantly giving my wife and Fil-Am friends updates.

Having said that I  became a sponsor this  week. I agree with you. If you can afford it, it seems fair. 

P.S

Many of you regulars are degenerate pigs.

Although I am retired from all that, it's still a sorta compliment

• Like 5
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Many of you regulars are degenerate pigs.

That's "Degenerate Hogs" to you.

• Like 1
smokey

on that note i hope everyone enjoyed the show. please join ian and the rest of us in our support of this fun and informative site and remember, this kind of high-brow entertainment relies on the support of all us members so please donate and keep the site going!

yes your as funny as a 3 stooges rerun .... 

• Like 2

OMG. This is like watching the politicians in parliament caring on.

I think my eyesight is going deaf!

• Like 1

And if it doesn't come to an end, posthaste, this site will be shy some "seasoned" members. If you guys want to do this, do it downstairs - NOT IN THREADS UPSTAIRS. 

To the O/P. Thanks so much, for doing what you have. It is truly appreciated. 

Ian, you should be ashamed of yourself for making such statements on this forum, and in this thread. You are on the verge of being cast into the hidden forums only. Keep your comments for the hidden forums. You love pushing buttons. Please do not push them again upstairs.

For the record, this site has never been a "business". Anything over monies needed to run this site have been donated for some time now. To anyone who thinks it has ever been about "the money", you obviously have never learned anything about me on this site. 

• Like 2

I think I will give Ian a holiday in the DK.

Anyone else wanna join him? You will be restricted to post in that forum, alone. (This only applies to those who have current access. All others will simply be restricted from posting, for a time.)

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

This site has a lot of quality traffic and it is the least commercialized forum I know of with such high quality content.

Thus the valuations that some people are surprised about. $25k doesnt shock me at all for a gut shot valuation based on statistics that are semi publicly available.

I know what the founder envisions for this forum because he has talked to me about it. He doesnt make decisions based solely on how to increase revenue. If he did, things would be run much differently.

I had two forums to gleen knowledge from when i learned I would.be moving to the Philippines about 8 years ago. It didnt take me long to realize this site was NOT some guys attempt at grandstanding and self promotion like the other site clearly was in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Thanks to all who have donated, in response to this thread. 

cebubird

I realized back in 2009 when I first discovered this forum that it was helpful to me, so I became a "lifetime"sponsor.

It's like I used to tell friends about television ministries, "If you feel it's a blessing to you then you should contribute".

That works for me.

• Like 3