Sponsoring This Forum As A Matter of Personal Integrity - Give Value To The Forum In Exchange For What You Receive

Chris24

All,

I just became a lifetime sponsor of this forum today, and challenge anyone reading this to do the same.  It cost me 55 USD, far less than the value of the information, entertainment, social connections, friendships and other benefits that my interactions over the past couple of years on this forum has been worth to me.

Here is the link on how to contribute and give back a bit for those who think this forum has been of any benefit or value to you:  http://www.livingincebuforums.com/subscriptions/

I have no axe to grind.  I have never met Paul or any of the moderators or frequent contributors to this forum.   Yet, there are many that I would like (and hope) to meet one day, albeit some that I'll make sure to meet in a public place with well-scouted exits.

But fair is fair.  This forum has provided me with a wealth of information and interaction that exists nowhere else.  This forum has enriched my life, and for almost all of us, $55 is a small gesture to make to do our small part to keep this forum active and commercially viable. 

I urge anyone reading this to search your heart and decide whether a sponsorship is something that you think is the right thing to do, relative to what you have received from your time reading or posting to these boards.

• Like 2
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jtmwatchbiz

• Davaoeno

• Paul

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What makes this site is the members. Even those who annoy the h*** out of the admin/mod team!   It has so much information that is is a valuable resource, and enough experienced members who can, and

They said it would close in 2 years hoping you would leave.

when this forum earns money over and above it's operating costs  that money is donated to filipino charities

Davaoeno

I commend  you on your purchase.   However, considering that it has been announced that  the form will close in less than 2 years I am a bit surprised that you would chose a lifetime sponsorship 

I commend  you on your purchase.   However, considering that it has been announced that  the form will close in less than 2 years I am a bit surprised that you would chose a lifetime sponsorship 

thats couse it is pauls second acc :)

thebob

However, considering that it has been announced that  the form will close in less than 2 years I am a bit surprised that you would chose a lifetime sponsorship 

They said it would close in 2 years hoping you would leave.

• Like 6

the only way this site will closed down is if it will loose most of its members and lost the interest of the members left 

it might change hands few times 

at the moment it is worth some money so why would any one close it when they can sell it 

sadly to say but with the disasters we have had here the price of this site just went up a bit 

more hits more money :)

What makes this site is the members. Even those who annoy the h*** out of the admin/mod team!

It has so much information that is is a valuable resource, and enough experienced members who can, and do, answer all the questions one can imagine.

I dont  know about the economics, but as long as the income exceeds the cost of running it, (which I imagine is substantial), then it will keep going.

I doubt it  is worth some of the figurers I have seen mentioned, but I dont believe that is important.

As far as I am aware, there are no plans to sell it or make major changes in the near future, so keep on posting!

• Like 7
jtmwatchbiz

never fear readers. the forum is not closing in 2 years. there will be a fund drive posted soon and like chris says...lets keep this place commercially viable and ALL donate!  

never fear readers. the forum is not closing in 2 years. there will be a fund drive posted soon and like chris says...lets keep this place commercially viable and ALL donate!  

:twocents:

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I think Paul should put the info words back on and let people get rid of them by donating. 

• Like 2

As usual, as anywhere in this world, it is always a minority stuffing things up for the majority....

I really hope Paul does not go... or the forum.

• Like 4

Hmmmmmmm. Interesting. We are being asked to donate to a business.  Yea. Good idea. Then after that I will pay more taxes than I am required to do, just because I want to give back to the government. 

• Admin (Retired)
broden

when this forum earns money over and above it's operating costs  that money is donated to filipino charities

• Like 5
jtmwatchbiz

Hmmmmmmm. Interesting. We are being asked to donate to a business.  Yea. Good idea. Then after that I will pay more taxes than I am required to do, just because I want to give back to the government. 

hey if that's your take on it then cool. however i don't like being a freeloader off of my friends and many others here feel the same way. nothing wrong with everyone pitching in for the common good but there will always be a few who... 

• Like 2

WTF?

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Sounds like a plan.  We are told the site costs $175 a month for upkeep . If you will please advise us what  is the income from all sources  per month then se can see how much is the shortfall every month ?  At that point we will know how much we are talking about .  I am somewhat surprised at the shortfall as it seems there is significant income from just the banner ads.  You have posted yourself how much  you spend every month on banner ads. 

I was under the impression that sites like this with a large membership and a large number of hits created  significant income.  At least thats what all the hundreds of guys say - you know the ones -they   always try to sell us their books etc on how to get rich running an online website . Bob Martin in Davao is one such person. He claims to make $20,000 usd a month from his websites. 

Dont get me wrong - I dont begrudge anyone running a business from making a profit   I have always had businesses and i sure as hell didnt do any of them for free !! . But why would anyone offer $25,000 for a site that is losing money ?  I dont see the logic in that .

Edited by Davaoeno