Sign in to follow this  
fluke

Do me ! Do me next !

fluke

I do not know why you find it so hard to follow the rules. You claim PI Immigration "hit you up" for over-staying penalties and you act like they were the ones who were in the wrong. Ahh I hate to tell you this, but you're part of the problem and it's because of your actions (and a few other bad apples) that make things more difficult for the rest of us who follow the rules. PI Immigration had every right to charge you for overstaying and while you only had dollars, consider yourself lucky. If you did not pay up you could have missed your flight and been held until the penalties were paid in full. Refusing to pay the proper fees and penalties would most-likely get your name put on a red list and that would cause you grief next time you tried to enter the Philippines (if they let you back in). Judging from your lack of energy to do the smallest bit of research and RTFF to find out what your visa options are/were and pick the right course of action in regards to Philippine Immigration, I'm guessing the same thing will happen again the next time you enter the Philippines. The penalty for over-staying is not so much a penalty per-say, it is the amount you SHOULD of paid to extend your tourist visa had you followed the rules. I think IMO BOI should provide a 48 hour grace period to those who have overstayed and not extended in time, because crap can happen and people are not always close to a BOI Office. After that the penalty should be 500php per day and once 15000php in charges are accrued (30days), they shall be blacklisted.

SkyMan

Are you trying to start something with me ? HOW DARE YOU ? I was told in no uncertain terms that was not allowed on this board !!! LOL OK Ace I have been to Italy on several occasions and stayed more than 30 days (once for 2+ months). Never had a problem. 21 days is a speed trap. You got that ACE !!! I am here helping their economy every day I spend here. You read me ? Now its 30 days LOL i.e. too bad for me it wasn't last November. Even the lady who flagged me said she had been to many countries and never seen those stupid visa rules HaHa the enforcer. Did you ever here that story, you know maybe its an urban legend ... about some kid and what he said to Bozo ? COOL

Italy has its own rules, the RP has its own. Like the rules better in Italy, go to Italy. When you arrive here your passport is stamped with your extend or depart date. It's not rocket science.

Now lets tone this down and desist with the bickering.

fluke

and you wonder why people dump on you ??? your comments display a total lack of concern about anyone else I cant believe that the airline didnt just leave you behind !!

Wow coming from you that's a compliment. How do you know what the feck I wonder ?  After I meet you face to face maybe I'll be concerned but right now a few of you are just the Mighty Oz except its a keyboard. Besides have you observed me complaining about being dumped on. I just take into consideration the source my good wizard.  And furthermore speaking of jokes there are so many opinions here so I guess I shouldn't ask stupid questions at least not here. What a yutz I am. Ok you boys fight it out and I'll just dick around with the embassy on the rare chance they'll answer their phones.

thebob

Do you enter on a tourist visa? Either you're getting gypped or...

All I can imagine is that it's a Manilla thing. I almost always enter in Cebu.

fluke
Italy has its own rules, the RP has its own. Like the rules better in Italy, go to Italy. When you arrive here your passport is stamped with your extend or depart date. It's not rocket science. Now lets tone this down and desist with the bickering.

Two Points

1)  21 days is a fricking joke !!!

and

2) He started it !!!

Italy, yep maybe down the road some but I like the girls here better and one in particular.

Edited by fluke

Jim Sibbick

Ok my plan is to try being an ex-pat in Cebu. I want to go for one year to start and then extend if I want. Not sure if I can.  I am coming from U.S. I was also figuring to make a month long return visit to the states in May. I am near D.C. so embassy is sort of convenient. What kind of visa and how long would you do it for in this case ? Maybe get another visa in May ?

thanks

I have recorded everything you need to know on this page of my website

http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/visas.htm

• Like 3

Kim_

Two Points

1)  21 days is a fricking joke !!!

and

2) He started it !!!

Italy, yep maybe down the road some but I like the girls here better and one in particular.

A joke? The 21/30 days are for free. Tell me if it is the same wherever you come from?

In Europe (Schengen) a foreigner will get 90 days. But that is not for free, There is a fee to be paid. Then they can extend for another 90 days for a fee. 180 days maximum.

The Philippines allows extensions upto almost 2 years.

So, whats a joke?

Wake up man.

• Like 2

jtmwatchbiz

So, whats a joke?

we all know the answer. judging by this thread the real question is how long will it be around :)

• Like 1

SkyMan
1) 21 days is a fricking joke !!!

I had to pay $170 plus a trip for 2 to Manila to get my wife a tourist visa to the US for a 30day trip.  Many have paid that for their wives and been denied.  So I think 30days free would look pretty good.

2) He started it !!!

My comment was for all 3 of you and anyone else that was planning to jump in.

Edited by SkyMan

Woolf

The fricking joke is that people do not check the arrival stamp in the passport

post-6705-0-11612000-1384428950_thumb.jpg

fluke

I have recorded everything you need to know on this page of my website

http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/visas.htm

THANKS Jim ! Exactly what I was looking for. This shit should be PINNED TO THE TOP OF THIS FORUM. I know that it would diminish the entertainment value for some here however.