Ok my plan is to try being an ex-pat in Cebu. I want to go for one year to start and then extend if I want. Not sure if I can.  I am coming from U.S. I was also figuring to make a month long return visit to the states in May. I am near D.C. so embassy is sort of convenient. What kind of visa and how long would you do it for in this case ? Maybe get another visa in May ?

thanks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fluke

• SkyMan

• thebob

• mabutiman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before you get pissed off, fluke, you deserve some of the shit they are giving you.    Now, let's get off his ass, guys.    Anyway, just apply for a single entry at the embassy. It will give you a

I'm afraid the last visa was given out a week ago...  

Have you seen the list of requirements the Embassy wants before granting the 59 day visa ??? ....easier to just arrive and get the 30 days ....

Posted Images

jtmwatchbiz

I want to go for one year to start and then extend if I want. Not sure if I can.

you can...regardless of what visa option you choose. 

Well, good luck finding that 1 year visa that none of us others has found. There is Balikbayan and SRRV but then nada. Perhaps jtmwatchbiz knows something none of us others know.

Btw, my lol was coz this question has been up billion times and it just seem some dont give a feck to try look up information here. Good Luck!

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I'm afraid the last visa was given out a week ago...  

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 3
miles-high

Any work visa (e.g., 9(g)), free zone visa (e.g., 47(g)) can be 1 year or longer... or a retirement visa (you can get out of retirement later if you want to)... so it is not impossible...

Edited by miles-high

I think I got it. 2 month visa , 2 month extension, U.S. for a month, new 2 month visa, extend, extend, extend, extend, extend. So then I am supposed to leave country after year from original visa right ? and apply for a new visa right ? 

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

You are wasting your time applying for any visa if you intend to stay in the Philippines as a tourist. There are tourists who have lived here for decades without ever having a visa. It is a visa waiver that you receive on arrival. 

I can't believe Im taking the time to type this when its readily found on multiple websites including this one. 

SkyMan

You'll save a little money if you go to the embassy and buy a 9a visa before you come.  It can be used 90days from issue and gives you 59 days on arrival.  Then you start doing 2 months extensions.

• Like 1

Before you get pissed off, fluke, you deserve some of the shit they are giving you. 

Now, let's get off his ass, guys. 

Anyway, just apply for a single entry at the embassy. It will give you a 3 months window to enter the country. Upon entry, you will have two months to stay, before needing to extend. It is a single entry visa. 

• Like 4
jtmwatchbiz

Perhaps jtmwatchbiz knows something none of us others know.

what gave you that idea? i only know exactly what most know. the fellow can indeed stay one year and there are a few choices visa-wise and none of them are secret nor particularly hard to do. i think skyman outlined the best of the options for the fellow.   

mabutiman

Before you get pissed off, fluke, you deserve some of the shit they are giving you. 

Now, let's get off his ass, guys. 

Anyway, just apply for a single entry at the embassy. It will give you a 3 months window to enter the country. Upon entry, you will have two months to stay, before needing to extend. It is a single entry visa. 

Have you seen the list of requirements the Embassy wants before granting the 59 day visa ??? ....easier to just arrive and get the 30 days ....

• Like 3
SkyMan

I did it twice by mail.  No big deal.

mabutiman

I did it twice by mail.  No big deal.

Here in Phnom Penh they give you a long list ...including a letter from who is requesting your visit there and why ...proof of financial support ...airline ticket must also be shown ...etc etc ..and I  certainly dont look Cambodian !!!! ....lived and worked in Manila for 20 years already with asawa !! ....

• Like 1