Sign in to follow this  
mrlondon

Displaced homeless people

mrlondon

First of all, I'm sure all of our hearts go out to those people who have been affected by the recent Typhoon. Anyone with ties to the philppines will be feeling the impact of this disaster.

Where do we think the displaced homeless people will go, and how will it affect those places?

Edited by mrlondon

shadow

First of all, I'm sure all of our hearts go out to those people who have been affected by the recent Typhoon. Anyone with ties to the philppines will be feeling the impact of this disaster.

Where do we think the displaced homeless people will go, and how will it affect those places?

They will go right back to where they were and build again. Almost no effect, their neighbors will be doing the same.

• Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

They will go right back to where they were and build again. Almost no effect, their neighbors will be doing the same.

unfortunately you're right. i have seen large overcrowded squatter's camps leveled by massive fires only to rise back up EXACTLY the same. it's too bad that the culture of the poor is to cluster so close together in urban areas when there are such vast uninhabited land just a short ride from most cities and plenty of land for food to grow. maybe a bit boring in comparison to city life, but usually safer for the inhabitants. 

• Like 2

USMC-Retired

I was watching CNN and there were C130's loaded with people flying into Cebu.  Any info on where those displaced people are going?

Skywalker

I was watching CNN and there were C130's loaded with people flying into Cebu.  Any info on where those displaced people are going?

Perhaps the churches will open their doors?

jtmwatchbiz

they're coming to sell us their watches :)

Monsoon

Gee I wonder if the church has opened their wallets too? Here we have a huge disaster with basically 100% of the victims being Catholic. Why isn't the vatican plane here with relief goods? I spent the day working in relief efforts, what are all of those people in funny hats doing? Praying? That will feed the people alright.

• Like 1

CardiacKid

I saw a report where the Vatican has donated $150,000.00

HTM

I saw a report where the Vatican has donated $150,000.00

WOW!!!!!!

:censor:

• Like 1

no one

joke lol 

ye they will open there doors to get cash donations for them to go on nice vacation or to build a bigger church 

im not sure who is more corrupted here 

politicians or the church 

Lee

My question on this subject would be, how many of the expats who lived far outside a main city, will now move closer to a main city, now knowing how long it takes to get help and utilities back up and running when you are far from a main city and just how important it might be to have quick access to hospitals for those injured. :(

While Cebu City may also have also been damaged severely had the storm directly hit the city, thankfully it did not and I never wish to find out if it would and we are praying for all those who have been affected. Our condolences to those of you who lost loved ones or friends. :(

no one

to answer that we have enough food and water at any time to last us about 1 month 

power is different but there is ways around it 

also our own water to wash helps 

i hate city and never ever will i be looking to move back 

also where we live is not so bad about 30 meters above sea and on the north side of the island 

we still have a lot to do to  be ready for what ever 

i feel city is lot worst when it gets really hit 

• Like 1

USCebuana

They are going to build tent cities for the displaced people in several areas in Cebu. It's so sad that they are refugees in their own country.

RogerDat

Greetings! They are not native to Laytey for the most part I am told. Theyare at the Navy base, Gun Ob relocation center, and some more I do not know the names of. The natives of Laytey remarked they will stay and die there as it is their home.

No idea the impact here on Mactan yet as they are still ariving. many church groups are feeding them all over Cebu.

RogerDat

Greetings! Church Of Christ, Mactan, Kalawisan Southern Baptist Church, Cebu assoiation of Southern Baptist churches are packing food bundels by the thousands. Many of our young members are voplienteres that are packing donations in small bags to hand out in the relocation centers. Go on Facebook and look for Kalawisan Southern Baptist, and Church of Christ to see pictures of repacking centers, tent cities and such that are being set up by the many Christian Churches. i assume the Catholick have similair efforts going on. These are the small of the land doing the relief effort, not the high and mighty.

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 4