How to find a short term condo rental in Cebu/Mandaue

Hi,

I hope this forum area is ok to ask this, not sure.

I'll be in Cebu Nov 25 - Dec 20 and looking for a condo rental. I'll need a 2 BR from Nov 25 - Dec 7 (a buddy will be staying with me for those days) and a 1 BR/studio from Dec 7 - Dec 20 although having a 2BR the whole time is probably ok too depending on price.

I could probably just rent for a month if I found the right price even though I won't be there for a full month. I'm looking for the usual stuff: hot water, AC, reasonably clean and well finished (i.e. not stuff falling from the ceiling etc), reasonably central location (i.e. not out  in cabancalan preferably), and monthly price at 25k or less.

If anyone knows of a place let me know but the better question is - what's a good way to find a place? Are there good online sites that you guys can recommend? Should I try to contact some rental agent? Any recommendations?

I guess another option that a buddy and I considered is to take a 12 month lease if we can find the right place (I heard about houses out in cabancalan for 13k/month 2BR new houses in gated community which sounds really good if true) and then sublet it when neither of us are around.

Thanks for any advice/guidance here. This board always seems to come through with the toughest questions. :)

guess another option that a buddy and I considered is to take a 12 month lease if we can find the right place (I heard about houses out in cabancalan for 13k/month 2BR new houses in gated community which sounds really good if true) and then sublet it when neither of us are around.  

Hey Newbster...

If U do something like this ( something like a timeshare arrangement) I would be interested in renting from U - May thru August 2014... I would need to be in Cebu City where transportation is readily available .

I am keen on finding something for 2 months beginning Dec 21st (yes, next month! :) )

Low budget:
You can get a 1 bedroom fully furnished, low class apartment at the Sanchez Apartments on Sanciangko Street. They cost P7500 per month, plus utilities. I haven't managed to find any info, like pictures, about this online.
EDIT: Just looked up Sanciangko Street. I remember walking there once. Not the nicest area, Sogo hotel etc.

Mid-price, 18k a month
http://www.apartelledearcenas.com/

"Apartelle de Arcenas, situated at Prissan Drive, corner St. Michael's Village, Banilad, Cebu City."

Higher-end, from 43k to 72k for also a single month
http://www.sdrapartments.com/

Edited by mrlondon

SDR looks nice.  But a thousand bucks a month for their cheapest studio?? Seems pricey.

Edited by TorJay

Low budget:

You can get a 1 bedroom fully furnished, low class apartment at the Sanchez Apartments on Sanciangko Street. They cost P7500 per month, plus utilities. I haven't managed to find any info, like pictures, about this online.

EDIT: Just looked up Sanciangko Street. I remember walking there once. Not the nicest area, Sogo hotel etc.

Mid-price, 18k a month

http://www.apartelledearcenas.com/

"Apartelle de Arcenas, situated at Prissan Drive, corner St. Michael's Village, Banilad, Cebu City."

Higher-end, from 43k to 72k for also a single month

http://www.sdrapartments.com/

Thanks mrlondon. I was hoping for something a little nicer than apartelle arcenas. Something more like this:

http://www.tourist-rooms.com/edsa-photos.html which cost 750p/night for a 30 day stay, or this:

http://www.travelmob.com/manila-vacation-rentals-apartment/2-br-boutique-condo-php1200-day-96119934853 which is a 2 BR going for $35/night, split between 2 people is only $18/night each.

I'd be willing to pay a little more than apartelle arcenas to get a little bit nicer place. If you hear of anything or know where to look pls let me know. :)

Hey Newbster...

If U do something like this ( something like a timeshare arrangement) I would be interested in renting from U - May thru August 2014... I would need to be in Cebu City where transportation is readily available .

I am keen on finding something for 2 months beginning Dec 21st (yes, next month! :) )

This is sort of interesting. It sounds like you guys might be willing to sublet from me from Dec 21  for 2 months and for 4 months May/Jun/Jul/Aug - that's 6 months taken care of if I take a 12 month lease. Hm, all that I'd need is a filipino who I can trust to keep the keys and have the place cleaned after you move out each time. Tim, pls PM me to let me know what you mean by transport? Jeepney, taxi (I ride Jeepneys myself)? TorJay - any requirements for a place for you? PM me what you are looking for because I might consider taking a place if both of you guys are serious about subletting it for 6 out of the next 12 months....

Edited by newbster

newbster

sent U a PM today with  list... on what I would be happy with... but can renegotiate list at any time... PM me what U think after reading my PM... thanks

thanks

tim

This is sort of interesting. It sounds like you guys might be willing to sublet from me from Dec 21  for 2 months and for 4 months May/Jun/Jul/Aug - that's 6 months taken care of if I take a 12 month lease. Hm, all that I'd need is a filipino who I can trust to keep the keys and have the place cleaned after you move out each time. Tim, pls PM me to let me know what you mean by transport? Jeepney, taxi (I ride Jeepneys myself)? TorJay - any requirements for a place for you? PM me what you are looking for because I might consider taking a place if both of you guys are serious about subletting it for 6 out of the next 12 months....

I would also like to sublet something for the month of January or February, although I prefer to be out of the heat of Cebu downtown. I prefer Mandaue, or something all the way up by SM Consolacion would be great. My budget is around 18,000

• Like 1

Just checking to see if anyone from the forum has offer a place to rent for us visitors ....

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in Cebu Nov 25 - Dec 20 and looking

I guess U are 98 % packed and just about ready to get to the Airport... have a good trip and keep us informed  on the Fun while U have feet on the ground... :yahoo:

Buko Beach

OP,

You will be in Cebu less than a month. 26 days to be exact and you want to rent and deal with the risk of a landlord charging utilities and damages on top of the rent? You will not save money renting for a month. Geessh book a hotel room. Much easier and it gives you the freedom to move around when you want.

Short term should be at least 3 months and several board members have expressed frustration at getting local landlords to agree to anything under 12 months.

My two cents you should be looking for hotel rooms not condos/apartments. Most hotels will provide you with a monthly flat rate that includes house keeping and breakfast for two but shop around. If you're not sure where to look, ask whippy where to stay on the cheap and he will point you in the right direction.

Edited by Buko Beach