Do I need an Icard to leave the Phil's (6+ months stay)?

My stay as a tourist here is approaching 6 months, and I dutifully applied at 2 months for an Icard.  Nearly 4 months later I have yet to receive one, despite the local BoI resending the info and going in a few times until they politely said "we'll text you, no need to visit".  

What concerns me is that maybe I need an Icard as well as the police certificate to leave the country after 6 months.  One solution is to get a cheap ticket somewhere before the 6 month point is reached, resetting the timer, the other is by asking here.

So do I?  Thanks in advance.

Jim Sibbick

My stay as a tourist here is approaching 6 months, and I dutifully applied at 2 months for an Icard.  Nearly 4 months later I have yet to receive one, despite the local BoI resending the info and going in a few times until they politely said "we'll text you, no need to visit".  

What concerns me is that maybe I need an Icard as well as the police certificate to leave the country after 6 months.  One solution is to get a cheap ticket somewhere before the 6 month point is reached, resetting the timer, the other is by asking here.

So do I?  Thanks in advance.

I don't know the answer for sure but here are my thoughts.

I personally don't think it will matter. just make sure you have your ACR-I receipt for payment with you.

If you do need an ACR-I card after 6 months, you will need it it now too. So the idea of resetting your time will be no help what so ever.

ACR-I card is not so important for tourists as it is for permanent residents.

The 6 month mark is all about the Emigration Clearance Certificate. If you don't have one of those when you try to pass immigration at the airport, and you have been in the Philippines longer than 6 months, do not expect to fly that day.

Jim is right here. It took 8 months for me to receive my ACR.  I went to Singapore for a week after 6 months of stay in Cebu. All you need is a Clearance certificate, you can get one at Bureau of Immigration.