Sign in to follow this  
54guy

Need to know the price of pig food! (Am I being scammed by gf for it?)

towboat72

I think your girl friend is porking you!!!!!!!!

Art

im just wondering..  did you also send the money for her to buy the piglet?  have you ever actually seen the piglet?  ;)   see where i am going with this?

Once doubt sets in then everything can become doubtful who is to say its not someone else's pig she will show the OP.   Some red flags must have been showing on your radar for you to come here and seek confirmation of your fears.  If this is someone you want to invest the rest of your life with then you need someone on the ground to investigate for you the true facts to put your mind at ease otherwise its time to play a lessor role in the woman and pigs life.  

I have learnt I hope to be more wary myself after being scammed by so called friends but suspect I can still be suckered such is life.  

• Like 1

agent17

I find it rather naive that some guys here are saying that he is not being scammed. Inexperienced? You gotta be kidding me. She is smart enough to pretend like the price is 1,000 - 1,400 pesos per week. This has nothing to do with her being a newbie or being naive, she is telling him the price of pig food for 1 pig is 1,400 pesos per week while she is paying maybe 10 times less than that for the food. I'd say, about 500 pesos per month!

Scammer, trust me, she'll try to con you for something else in the future. If she's able to lie to you about this, then she'll be able to lie about more especially when larger amounts of money are involved. Run away and get a new one.

I don't know why anyone would even try to save this relationship when there are plenty of young filipinas looking for a foreign boyfriend.  I don't believe she's naive or unaware of what she's doing.  When you're living in poverty, you know P1,400 a week to feed a pig is too much.  The pig's food budget exceeds her family's food budget, I don't believe she's unaware of this.

She's milking him like a typical foreigner boyfriend.  A lot of girls in Malate have multiple boyfriends like him who sends money every month for whatever love-struck reasons.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

but suspect I can still be suckered such is life

I believe that you can only be suckered after you have opened your heart to someone,.  Personally I would rather still have my feelings accessible and have to be  somewhat on my guard than to totally shut down and never feel anything for anyone .

The heart and the brain should be used in concert with each other - not one or the other !

• Like 3

USCebuana

Why not ask for receipts? 

datkins587

Tacloban is a province town, its not like Cebu or Manila. The average working person there probably makes a lot less than 1500 pesos per week. If she is asking that much to feed a piglet she is definitely playing you for a love sick fool. Stop messing with the young gold diggers and find yourself a good Filipina woman.

• Like 2

shadow

What kind of receipt do you want? I can make it just as easy as she can!

• Like 2

Davaoeno

been there ! done that !  I have a box full of bogus receipts for things that i supposedly paid for .

amazingly after she was gone i kept getting phone calls from supplies who told me they had not been paid- and had not issued any receipt for payment 

• Like 1

monang

Ummm...not sure it's a piglet. It could be a baby...not a baby pig (unless she calls her baby piglet) that 1k may be the price of a baby/infant formula.

Just the same. NEVER send money at all to anyone you don't know.

USCebuana

I hope the girl and the piglet are ok. Tacloban was hit hard. OP if you really like her why not just send her $100 a month and leave it at that. If you're in the US that's like a date or two. 

Wrye83

When someone feels the need to come on an forum and ask, "am I being scammed" 99.99 percent of the time they are. The simple fact the question was asked says you have reason to believe she is not trustworthy.

IMO it's too much to feed a pig. There is absolutely no way farmers could turn a profit on a pig if they had to stuff that much food in it's mouth.

Ditch the girl, wait until you come back. Don't have a "gf" until you live here. Never send money to a girl in this country unless you are married or have a prior long term relationship, one year or more, established. (and even then its not 100 percent you are safe from scamming girls)

• Like 1

Wrye83

Here's how I would check prior to raising a pig.

1. Find a person who raises a couple pigs on the side.

2. Ask how much they sell a full grown pig for.

3. Assume they are pulling a profit. (1-3k pesos/pig would be my roundabout guesstimate.)

4. Subtract profit from total and that should be what it costs to raise it.

If your girl isn't smart enough to figure that out then be prepared to dish out a lot of money during the relationship. Stupid is expensive. This won't only apply to raising farm animals. There are intelligent (or at least street smart) girls out there. Having one of them around can save you a small fortune. Leave the stupid/worthless girls alone. They are more susceptible to bad/shady advice from friends and family.

Bill H

Because any Filipina worth her salt, can get a phony receipt from a friend or even the clerk in the store!  These people have scamming Foreigners down to a science.  They are experts and we are sheep waiting to be sheered!  The price you pay for living here.

• Like 1

Danishman

Here is an analysis of expenses and revenue for four little pigs. This is an email from my dear sister in law, Jacqueline, sent in September 2013: :cool:

Hi lobo nalyn ug lia

I would like to tell that we already sell the pigs the 4 pigs,
All kilo 224.5 in less than 3 months.and we are very happy about it.

The selling price per kilo is 135 pesos x 224.5 and we get 4 kilo for eating. So the buyer pay us 220.5 x 135 equals 29 767.5.
The capital for the piglets. Is 2400 each and it was 4 so we assume it 10 000 because the 400 pesos we buy some stuffs for the pigs water,
And their food 4 the baboy we spend 12 325.
The total cost
Is 22 325.00 pesos. We then get 7 700.00 somethingis our profit .
And we divided it into 3.
For papa who take care thd baboy
For me sometimes give food.
And for janice give food sometime also.

And as of now we are looking for another piglets.

With love,

Jec jec