Bungalow House 60sqm building costs

thebob

If you build to Filipino standards you can def. do it for 500k, but only using poor concrete mixes, cheap hollow blocks etc.

Buy a mould and make your own blocks.

• Like 2

Just as a reminder, the costs you are projecting seem based upon everything working the way you want it to. As well, you will have to be sure to predict all costs and that can create some risks. For example, factoring in the various building permit fees and such this could make the estimate a bit low. What about fencing and any yard work? Will you want any security added such as to the windows or heavy duty doors? What type of roof and gutters will you select and who will install it? Will the wiring be bare bones or do you want circuits for phones and Internet and such?

I had a house built in 2004 for 3.2 million. I was quite a novice about Philippino construction and did not realize I had paid well, but was getting a lower quality construction. This was for around 200 square meters. In addition, I paid extra for some landscaping, fencing, dykes and later some outside buildings.

If you are able to provide oversight and keep to the plan, you may be able to get a place built for your estimate. I just feel you may be cutting it a bit close and will live with those choices for decades.

Some of the "savings" the contractor used in my house are now costing me dearly. I have to do serious rewiring as the circuits were installed by a poorly qualified electrician. Plumbing is a joke (even had a sink with the drain going UPHILL).

Just remember the axiom "you get what you pay for".

Boss hog makes a great point about outdoor area, we do after all Iive in a tropical climate and given thoughtful design you willl build outside undercover at half the price of internal room costs.

You basic house plan is too small , for 3 bedrooms. and you have not incorporated any outside costs, e.g.

Septic system

Perimeter fence

Parking

Drainage

Etc.

I recently finished building a place in Talamban , working on a tight budget, if you are anywhere near you are welcome to come see the place.

Good luck

• Like 1
smokey

Buy a mould and make your own blocks.

how about he just use earth blocks ... or better yet plan on spending more or waiting till he can afford what he wants..

Scruffydog

how about he just use earth blocks ... or better yet plan on spending more or waiting till he can afford what he wants..

I think you hit the nail on the head..My   I  am in the infancy stages/planning of building a small part time place in CarCar. Splitting time between USA and  there.  I want to build about 80sqm on existing land with building.

My brother in law and his sons  are well respected architects in Talisay. Good decent honest people that I trust without question.

They are telling me, that for good decent construction, done by a  contractor, figure about 15,000 pesos per sqm. That's not high end  stuff or cheap stuff, but just good solid avg finish.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Lot area is 140sqm

The plan is to prioritize the CR , Master Bedroom and Kitchen first, , other rooms will be no titles for the meantime, living room no titles, two other rooms

The house will be fully painted inside, outside will be unpainted.

what is a good ratio for concrete mix?

Do you think it will fit now?

I made a revision

My first assumption was:

Today current cost is 15-20k per sqm but that is a contractor rate, my theory is contractors basically charge 20%-40% more so it would be like 9k - 12k per sqm x 50sqm = 450k - 600k

what do you think of this theory?

That is very feasible 

jefreylandicho

but also remember contractors will pay their staff less because they are giving them regular work, get cheaper prices from suppliers by buying more regulary etc and waste less because they've (hopefully) done this loads of times before.

If you build to Filipino standards you can def. do it for 500k, but only using poor concrete mixes, cheap hollow blocks etc.

I am sure you could hire people the same price as a contractor do and about suppliers giving better price, probably but the price ratio differential should not be that big, you still save a lot of money

U are also forgetting the long-nose tax. are U going to be actively involved ? Are U going to hide behind a local and keep your interest quite ?

U will be expected to feed the crew each day too... if not, they wander off at meal times and not always come back... so food and drink on site will be expected to keep the work flow going...

U will need security on site that U can trust  to keep work materials from disappearing or being used in another construction project close by...

New building fee's and permits will show up in the middle of the project and helpers will come by for a fee to take care of them for U ... often family members ....

It is way business is done there...

I think U are going to be disappointed in anything U build under 1 million peos for as much as U want... (20,000 to 25,000 usd will be my cheapest guess...) and if u are sending money over - wire transfer..at each stage, then also  remember that $ transfer is not cheap... 

jmho

smokey

I am sure you could hire people the same price as a contractor do and about suppliers giving better price, probably but the price ratio differential should not be that big, you still save a lot of money

never happen contractors rule out of fear ,,, once they work for YOU a person on a one time job all bets are off 

USCebuana

OP, it is very cramped. I don't think you will like living there after a week. The dining area is very tight. 

If you build far from the city you have to factor in delivery and storage of materials and extra charge that the subcontractors might charge because of the distance. You also have to secure your materials otherwise you might wonder why some houses in your neighborhood just painted their houses exactly the same color as your house. 

Edited by USCebuana
Jim Sibbick

I should think it depends on where it is built and who is building it.

My ex father in law built this place in 2007 for P80,000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-gkY-gByto

He is retired now but I imagine he could have built your house for  P500,000 and pocketed a huge amount of change.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

i built a block house in dumanjug father in law and myself some help from my wife bro sometimes lol  simple gable roof lots of reebar solid 100 thousand picked up all materials my self if the family is good and wants to help you save money big bonus for you you have to control the construction most important get your wife to price materials first then go in and pay  its worth the look on faces dam should have charged her more she is with whitefoot lol

Edited by Headshot
Fixed font size
  • Like 2