Bungalow House 60sqm building costs

jefreylandicho

Hi Guys,

Do you think  500-600 thousand pesos would be enough to build a 60 sqm bungalow type house that includes 3BR, 2CR, LR, Kitchen. The house design will be somewhat similar to this but not identical since the layout i did has only 1 window and 1 door at the front

HGA098-FR-RE-CO-LG.JPG

60 m2 ? Is that a typo?  There is no way that would be anywhere near enough area for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home. 

You can find threads in this specific forum, where guys have built homes, offering damned good information.

Here is one from earlier this year, posted by Dragon (Dennis)

• Admin (Retired)
broden

that would be super tight

Perhaps, if you are close to the road. My house is 75 sq m on the island. Costs 1 million p. But its 1 bedroom, 1 cr, kitchen and living room. Ds steel roof, steel soffets, large windows, 3 meter ceiling. Roof, soffets, windows add up to 220k. Transport costs high, as things brought by boat and motorcycle. Cant carry much cement on a motor c. Even sand and rocks add up. The main carpenter, lead man, used to build houses in cebu. I am impresed with the quality of work. Move in next week, pohoon. Haha.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

• Like 2
Scruffydog

Hi Guys,

Do you think  500-600 thousand pesos would be enough to build a 60 sqm bungalow type house that includes 3BR, 2CR, LR, Kitchen. The house design will be somewhat similar to this but not identical since the layout i did has only 1 window and 1 door at the front

HGA098-FR-RE-CO-LG.JPG

Probably closer to 900,000-1.2 million if you  already own the land. A good rough guide is 15,000 Pesos per Sq M for an Average grade finish.

• Like 1
stevensanph

I did a 2 storey house at 18k/sqm with an average finish (about 4 years ago).

If you do a bare finish (eg, unpainted walls and concrete floor) you might just make it for 600k.  The ornate finishing on the outside on your design will add to costs (especially the windows and the design on the concrete pilars)

60sqm is too small for a comfortable 3 bed IMO...

Scruffydog

I did a 2 storey house at 18k/sqm with an average finish (about 4 years ago).

If you do a bare finish (eg, unpainted walls and concrete floor) you might just make it for 600k.  The ornate finishing on the outside on your design will add to costs (especially the windows and the design on the concrete pilars)

60sqm is too small for a comfortable 3 bed IMO...

You are correct. 670 sq ft  would make for some  jail cell small bedrooms. 

jefreylandicho

I reduced it to 50sqm with 3 bedroom and 1 bathroom, i do not have plan to have ornamted stying interior/exterior, it would be plain cement with paint

Here is the layout, yes I already have a lot

2013-11-06_1250.png

Even with your careful drawing, I think the overall cost will be close to double what you asked about. One million or more to construct.

The design reminds me of floor plans for city condos here. That is, cramped spaces.

If that is okay with you, then go for it. However, I would guess the costs will be higher than your first estimate.

smokey

no way unless you make it out of plywood and string 

If you plan to do ALL the labor yourself then maybe you can get close to your cost goal.  Cheapest fixtures, Chinese wiring, no tiles, concrete mix 1-5-5, etc.

Go for it. 

Good luck.

stevensanph

based on that plan, and a bare finish, its just about doable if you supervise the foreman yourself and control the costs.

Not sure you wouldn't be better off including the corner in the footprint, as it wont save you much by the time you add in the extra pilar and the extra labor for the roof framing...

I've a friend who lives in a very 'local' subdivision with his gf.  He built a house for her there of 25sqm and it cost 150k (a few years ago).  Its a bare unit, unpainted in/out, no ceiling, corrugated iron roof and probably not a lot of rebar, but it does the job...

BossHog

How big's the lot?

Having covered outdoor living/dining areas is a great way to expand living space on a budget.

• Like 2
jefreylandicho

Lot area is 140sqm

The plan is to prioritize the CR , Master Bedroom and Kitchen first, , other rooms will be no titles for the meantime, living room no titles, two other rooms

The house will be fully painted inside, outside will be unpainted.

what is a good ratio for concrete mix?

Do you think it will fit now?

I made a revision

2013-11-06_1707.png

My first assumption was:

Today current cost is 15-20k per sqm but that is a contractor rate, my theory is contractors basically charge 20%-40% more so it would be like 9k - 12k per sqm x 50sqm = 450k - 600k

what do you think of this theory?

stevensanph

but also remember contractors will pay their staff less because they are giving them regular work, get cheaper prices from suppliers by buying more regulary etc and waste less because they've (hopefully) done this loads of times before.

If you build to Filipino standards you can def. do it for 500k, but only using poor concrete mixes, cheap hollow blocks etc.