Sign in to follow this  
BossHog

Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan)

SkyMan

Coming down here loud enough we can't watch TV.

Half Baked

Lots o' lightning and thunder w/ rain here in Talisay.

I had to cancel my polo match. :/

Hy H

Feeling a bit more sad for the Boholians if this is all coming all over there as well.  Total misery.

Canuck Joe

Pretty severe lightning now on Mactan. Power flickered a few times so it wont be long until it goe

Cordova...worst lightning storm I have ever experienced. The close strikes just kept comming, didn't let up for 30 minutes...family crying and I was preety scared too. Our powersource took a direct hit, it lit up our lights for a flash even after the power was out and heard zaping sounds in our house. Still no power, posting with mobile. I hope everything still works when the power comes on.Bohol

Listening to the radio Pagasa Mactan and they are saying the next storm inline is unusual and strong...heading this way. 

Skywalker

Had a marvellous view of the storm.  Great lightening show over Mactan island.  Pretty big downfall of rain as well.

All quiet now.  

There's another one on the way?

Edited by Skywalker

ILoveCyrus

It was raining sideways and a small cyclone/tornado touched down at brngy Mactan.... trees and branches etc down.

Power out too.... gonna be a long nite.

Canuck Joe

Had a marvellous view of the storm. Great lightening show over Mactan island. Pretty big downfall of rain as well.

All quiet now.

There's another one on the way?

Yeah...this was storm 30. Thread topic is about the big one coming...storm 31..turning into a typhoon.

from Woolfs post above

http://noah.dost.gov.ph/

select DOPPLER then CEBU

well my mobile is almost dead....still no power

I have a hand crank light/radio/charger but no cord to run to phone, don't feel like cranking anyways lol

Good night folks.

Edited by Canuck Joe

Half Baked

It was raining sideways and a small cyclone/tornado touched down at brngy Mactan.... trees and branches etc down.

Power out too.... gonna be a long nite.

I keep several battery- powered fans and flashlights ready for this emergency.

Since the earthquake, I sleep with emergency provisions in my pockets and attached to my belt. Yes, its uncomfortable.. but, oh well.

Let us know how the emergency services are working out there, ILoveCyrus. Hang in there! 

Hy H

What happened to Cebu doppler radar.  What I`m getting on my screen is showing same spot between 6.18 - 6.55pm Nov 04th ?

Is there a way to manually update this.  Or have the doppler guys knocked off for the night?

rfm010

What happened to Cebu doppler radar.  What I`m getting on my screen is showing same spot between 6.18 - 6.55pm Nov 04th ?

Is there a way to manually update this.  Or have the doppler guys knocked off for the night?

the noah project has been a work in progress for some time now.  the doppler image for the various sites is typically delayed anywhere from 30 minutes to 30 days. 

Hy H

ypically delayed anywhere from 30 minutes to 30 days. 

The timing for this early evening storm and rain was pretty accurate looking at direction on screen and the actual time of the day.

Just seemed that once the storm had gone over the area there is no further updates?

Maybe radar got wet and stopped working ?    :idontknow: 

A_Simple_Man

While buying some bread this morning I found some neighbors talking about a new typhoon coming.

While reading this forum this morning we had some members discussing the same thing

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/65359-tropical-depression-thirtyone/?p=728990

but I agree with you that it needs its own thread.  Looks like it could be coming right for Cebu.

• Like 1

Headshot

It looks like a real monster winding up in the Pacific. However, it could end up going anywhere. Most storms turn north when they get close to the Philippines, so Luzon usually gets the worst of them. I like the weather.com site best because it gives a time-lapse kind of motion, so you can see for yourself what a storm is doing.

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/satelliteworld/asiasatellite_large_animated.html