Sign in to follow this  
BossHog

Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan)

Half Baked

IS THERE A LATEST UPDATE ANYWHWERE--LIKE MAYBE AT LEAST FROM 6AM?

At this point in time a reasonable person would expect that EVER SINGLE MEDIA OUTLET would be covering this non-stop.

I can't find a thing about it on television, dont know about local radio.. I dont like circus musica.

We have Cignal sat t.v.  It should be going out sometime very soon, those pesky clouds.... :/

Half Baked

IS THERE A LATEST UPDATE ANYWHWERE--LIKE MAYBE AT LEAST FROM 6AM?

At this point in time a reasonable person would expect that EVER SINGLE MEDIA OUTLET would be covering this non-stop.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/mtsat/wpac/flash-ir2.html

cebubird, this is about the latest I can find... sat animation from 7:30am

BossHog

Most recent from the Japs. Updated 5 minutes ago.

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/typh/1330c.html

31W HAIYAN 131107 0000 8.6N 132.8E WPAC 150 911:

Number/Name/YYMMDD/ GMT-UTC-ZULU time (we're +8)/ region-Western Pacific/coordinates/ knots/ barometric pressure.

learn to read the lingo and you can follow the track and strength of the storm.

Edited by BossHog

rfm010

cnn just referred to it as the strongest storm on the planet this year.

just to give you folks something more to ponder for the next 24 hours. 

Half Baked

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/typh/1330c.html

31W HAIYAN 131107 0000 8.6N 132.8E WPAC 150 911:

Number/Name/YYMMDD/ GMT-UTC-ZULU time (we're +8)/ region-Western Pacific/coordinates/ knots/ barometric pressure.

learn to read the lingo and you can follow the track and strength of the storm.

Check in, Boss.

Edit:Looks like you are getting a pounding from some of the stronger outer bands.

Edit2: Just checked outside.. getting cloudier and air is starting to stir here in Talisay 'bout 1 km from the coast.. just north of the SRP. Just had a jolt from an aftershock. :/   Yee haw!!!

Edited by Half Baked

stevensanph

Have a feeling models are going to shift south on next update.  Below is my plot of latest movement.  Top line is from yesterday evening till midnight.  Bottom line is  after taking the last 6 hrs westward movement into account.   Middle line is taking yesterdays track and continuing on from the 8am position this morning... 

Gusts at 330kph according to sat estimates.... :(

typhoon2.jpg

Nangulo

Here's the latest from http://www.usno.navy.mil/ with the same date/time.  It shows the track a little further to the south than the Japanese.  Not good news for either of us.

wp3113.gif

Half Baked

Here's the latest from http://www.usno.navy.mil/ with the same date/time.  It shows the track a little further to the south than the Japanese.  Not good news for either of us.

wp3113.gif

Nangulo, what are the current weather conditions there?

Durham

I guess its now time to be prepared. Make sure windows can be closed and locked, stock up with emergency lighting in the event of power cuts, check for any unsecured items outside such as plastic tables and chairs, ensure you have sufficient drinking water.

Expect power outages, floods and landslides, check your insurance polices (car and household). 

Nangulo

Nangulo, what are the current weather conditions there?

Not bad, right now (10 AM, 07 Nov).  You would think it's just a typical day in the rainy season - overcast.  Not currently raining, no wind to speak of.  Had a band pass through about 30 minutes ago and got some rain, but nothing significant, not strong at all.

Standing by for heavier weather, though.

The neighbor must have run into some money during the voting season.  He went out an bought a bunch of plywood, 2 x 2's and tin roofing.  He's been working on his second story for a week, now.  He's out there as I write this, banging away with his hammer.  I have a feeling he's going to have to start all over in the next couple of days.

• Like 2

stevensanph

This shows the steering winds.  Based on this it should move NW for a few hours before getting stuck on a west course.

Im going for Southern Leyte...

f0he.gif

panther

attachicon.gif7teb.jpg

I'm starting to think I may be fecked.

lol nice knowing boss man 

panther

I WANT MY MUMMY HAHAHAAHA

hyaku

Text from East coast of Biliran. They have moved up the mountain. Waves breaking into the houses down by the sea.