Sign in to follow this  
bulldoggy26_cute

What discount by ordering a new car?

Skywalker

It really doesn't matter what the discount is, buying a new car, since the 'hit' you take when you drive it off the forecourt will be considerably greater.

Buying new is a mugs game, a vanity purchase.  There are great deals in the nearly new market, and plenty of repossessions out there.

• Like 1

smokey

It really doesn't matter what the discount is, buying a new car, since the 'hit' you take when you drive it off the forecourt will be considerably greater.

Buying new is a mugs game, a vanity purchase.  There are great deals in the nearly new market, and plenty of repossessions out there.

well put us on the list to buy your ride cheap...

Thalcoozyo

Yea... I agree with Smokey... let's see some hard facts, some names, some contact #'s... it's pretty easy to sit and badmouth a topic when you don't have any skin in the game.  Personally, I think the OP has a very valid question and one I've posted before without any meaningful responses.  Is Skywalker's just another one of the meaningless digs? Huh? How about it, Skywalker?

Skywalker

Well, that's an easy one.  I bought a 2 year old Fortuner with less than 10,000 kilometers on the clock, in immaculate condition, top of the range.

Retail brand new is about 1.7 million pesos.  The first buyer bought it through car finance, and couldn't make the payments, so it was repossessed.  I bought it from the finance company.  My saving over the new price was 500,000 pesos.

Still think buying a new car makes sense?  Meaningless dig?  Really?

Davaoeno

Yea... I agree with Smokey

mmmm i read all of Smokeys posts in this thread and he didnt say anything related to the facts that you are disputing.   I dont know how many cars you have bought in the Phil but I have bought several, and my experience has been the exact same as Skywalkers.  In fact like Skywalker  I also bought a 2 year old fortuner-- for 500,000 less than the new price  [ but then Skywalkers only had 10K kilometers and mine had 33K, but I also had a 140,000 chrome package included .

You say you want phone numbers ?  I suggest you read the ads in Sulit and Ayos dito - you will find lots of phone numbers of cars for sale there. 

smokey

mmmm i read all of Smokeys posts in this thread and he didnt say anything related to the facts that you are disputing.   I dont know how many cars you have bought in the Phil but I have bought several, and my experience has been the exact same as Skywalkers.  In fact like Skywalker  I also bought a 2 year old fortuner-- for 500,000 less than the new price  [ but then Skywalkers only had 10K kilometers and mine had 33K, but I also had a 140,000 chrome package included .

You say you want phone numbers ?  I suggest you read the ads in Sulit and Ayos dito - you will find lots of phone numbers of cars for sale there. 

whats up with all you home boys and your pricey SUV units and poor smokey with his ford fiesta ....

Davaoeno

whats up with all you home boys and your pricey SUV units and poor smokey with his ford fiesta ....

dont try to play us Smokey - we all know about that top of the line corvette convertible that you cruise around the Walmart parking lots in !!

• Like 1

Monsoon

In many markets  I agree 100% with this. But in the Philippines you have to worry about vehicles with a flooding history.  I prefer to buy a low mileage 12 -18 month vehicle But the used price doesn't drop enough in the Philippines to make it worthwhile. 

I have looked at the repos but often wonder if they could be subject tosome of the same things that foreclosed homes are in the US. (sabotage)

I have been hard pressed to find any straight forward used anything transaction in the Philippines. The only ones I have experienced are the ones where I am the seller.

Edited by Monsoon

smokey

dont try to play us Smokey - we all know about that top of the line corvette convertible that you cruise around the Walmart parking lots in !!

dont change the subject i have no flash in cebu i need to wait till skywalkers building comes up for demo and offer him a few hundred peso ..

bulldoggy26_cute

Thanks for the different replies...

I am not focusing just on 'buying new'. If I can find a good bargain, fine.. but so far the difference between new and nearly new (1-2 years old) was quite small (300k).

Ps: New Fortuner is around 1.3 at the dealer

smokey

I am not focusing just on 'buying new'. If I can find a good bargain, fine.. but so far the difference between new and nearly new (1-2 years old) was quite small (300k).

before you get a Manual think of all the shifting you will do in traffic ... clutch a year should about cover it

bulldoggy26_cute

Will take in consideration your remark ;) Thanks.

Davaoeno

Maybe in some country it is but it  isnt in the Phillipines [ as Skywalker said " top of the range" ]

1Toyota+Fortuner+4x4+V+DSL+AUTOMATIC-+201
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
More Toyota
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
₱1 ,765,000
Today 17:46, NCR - Metro Manila

Tinted Windows • CD Player • Leather seats • Airbag driver • Airbag passenger • DVD Player • Navigation system • ABS Brakes • Mag Wheels • Alarm • Central lock • Adjustable steering

DRIVE THIS HOME A BRAND NEW

TOP OF THE LINE..

TOYOTA FORTUNER 4X4 3.0 V DIESEL A/T 2014

SRP 1,765,000 OR 345,800

bulldoggy26_cute

By mentioning 1.3, I was referring to the manual version in 4*2 still with GPS etc..

smokey

By mentioning 1.3, I was referring to the manual version in 4*2 still with GPS etc..

well maybe you did not realize this buy lawyers always get the fastest unit they can to keep up with the ambulance 

• Like 1