What discount by ordering a new car?

bulldoggy26_cute

Hi,

I was wondering what discount we can get when ordering a new car (Toyota / Ford ) in the Philippines.

So far, I got 2% from Toyota on a Fortuner which looks 'ridiculous' to me as we are used to 10-18% in Europe but ok pricing is different :)

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• bulldoggy26_cute

• Skywalker

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't purchased a new car before in the Philippines, but where I am from car dealers are less likely to offer a discount if you tell them that you will be paying in cash. They make more money from

A while back I wanted to buy a motorcycle cash on the nail. The salesman had to phone the manager to get permission for a cash deal. Manager was not really interested and was less than helpful. Took m

ha what's the opposite of a discount?

Hi,I was wondering what discount we can get when ordering a new car (Toyota / Ford ) in the Philippines.So far, I got 2% from Toyota on a Fortuner which looks 'ridiculous' to me as we are used to 10-18% in Europe but ok pricing is different :)Any idea?Thanks in advance

I bought a fortuner a year and a half ago no discount. There was a 45 day wait to get one

SomeRandomGuy

ha what's the opposite of a discount?

• Like 1

if you get the sticker price 

you got a discount :)

smokey

if you get the sticker price 

you got a discount :)

i always thought they double the price then offer 20% off and free window tint.... the only discount you will see is if the exchange rate goes your way 

you can get decent return on a trade in, especially @ Kia.

also, they will give extra;s , but to get a discount..very difficult ...they just won't give a lot..

ways to get some discount = Pay cash

also, they will give extra;s , but to get a discount..very difficult ...they just won't give a lot..

yea but who wants a Kia..... honda, toyota or mitsubishi are they way to go

Edited by billy

When I was shopping for a new motorbike for the Mrs, the sticker price was 83k.  I said give it to me for 80 and I will pay in full and in cash right now.  No deal.  The most they would discount was 600 pesos.

I'm impressed they offered you a 2% discount.  That's above and beyond what most dealers will do.

bulldoggy26_cute

Thanks for your answers, I will still check with Ford but with your feedback, I know what to expect :) I also try to use the argument of paying cash but it sounds an empty sound in a battlefield...

By the way, are new cars imported or does PH have its own factory (Toyota/Ford) because the delivery time was relatively short (3 weeks).

By the way, are new cars imported or does PH have its own factory (Toyota/Ford) because the delivery time was relatively short (3 weeks).

Ford had an assembly plant in Santa Rosa, Laguna until it closed last year. I believe they are mostly imported from Thailand now.

Toyota has an assembly plant in Santa Rosa, Laguna making the Innova and Vios.

Rocketman

My background is the car business from the manufacturer's side.  The problem, as I see it, stems from the 1 owner dealership concept.  Since most of the franchises are owned by 1 group, there's no need to negotiate.  And, add to that, the business culture here - if you don't like my business, go somewhere else.  I'm sure this design drives the manufacturer's crazy!

• Like 1

yea but who wants a Kia..... honda, toyota or mitsubishi are they way to go

I had a 2010 Montero and traded it in for 2013 Kia Sorrento, got a great deal from Kia and the Sorrento is a very nice suv compared to the Montero.

I haven't purchased a new car before in the Philippines, but where I am from car dealers are less likely to offer a discount if you tell them that you will be paying in cash. They make more money from customers that need a loan to buy the car.

• Like 2
thebob

My background is the car business from the manufacturer's side.  The problem, as I see it, stems from the 1 owner dealership concept.  Since most of the franchises are owned by 1 group, there's no need to negotiate.  And, add to that, the business culture here - if you don't like my business, go somewhere else.  I'm sure this design drives the manufacturer's crazy!

In some countries the dealers are all independent franchises, larger dealers get a break on volume, and smaller ones have less middlemen to support. In other countries dealers are operated by manufacturers, and so pricing is standardized. New car sales are quite low volume here, and the dealers make their money from financing.

For the price of a new car, you could finance 10. If you could find customers that want longer financing deals than you need, there would be profit there.

Used car prices are related to the finance price, not the cash price.

A while back I wanted to buy a motorcycle cash on the nail. The salesman had to phone the manager to get permission for a cash deal. Manager was not really interested and was less than helpful. Took my custom elsewhere. This attitude was later confirmed by a friend who was manager at Silverwing Honda. He stated that they would much rather do time payment deals as there is far more profit in it for them than in cash sales.So a genuine discount is as rare as hen's teeth!

• Like 2