Meeting people

Dropbear

Hi there, I have just moved to Cebu and living in Lawaan, looking to meet people to socialize with etc. I am 48 years old and from Australia, hope to chat soon

Regards

DB

jtmwatchbiz

welcome DB!

many good people here on the forum and scattered around the city, and plenty of fellow aussies too! keep posting here in the forum and i'm sure you will meet plenty of pals!

enjoy!

fred

• Like 1

Cheers Fred, appreciated, love Cebu but need some pals to chat and socialse with as I am sure you can understand.

SomeRandomGuy

welcome to linC. hows cebu treating u? lots of us ozzys in and around there and here

Is this place full of scammers, somehow a girl claiming to be a masseuse got my number claiming I had booked a massage etc, and that her family was either, sick dying or had passed away and needed money for further education, I was warned but never knew it would happen this fast!

SomeRandomGuy

Is this place full of scammers, somehow a girl claiming to be a masseuse got my number claiming I had booked a massage etc, and that her family was either, sick dying or had passed away and needed money for further education, I was warned but never knew it would happen this fast!

sort of.... u see we are a target...

There are a hell of a lot of good people here in the RP but as a foreigner the bad element tends to approach us. I have noticed that expats have more run ins with the badder side of the phils then the phils am guys.

It's like that sometimes. The scum can somehow smell the newbies... even some of us that have been here for awhile have a little chuckle when the same tactics are applied.

Until you have a steady woman, have two phones... one for contacts that are good people and one for everyone else.... I used to call it a phone for ho's and a phone for Bro's but it was more like my personal number that I give to people I know ( mainly other expats) and a number for everyone else that I can discard when i start getting to many " have you had your breakfast" or " lets eat " texts

Hey, there is a little bar - with a lot of  Australians in the Mango area  called El Gecko. Easy to find.. they open from 12 noon to 12 am  Sat thru Friday (might be open Sunday, just not sure) they have plenty of football and other sports, pool table cold beer and good people to hang out with. food pretty good too... 

Take a day off and run into Cebu City and visit.

and have fun...  

Lots of westerners hang out at the Urban Cellar, there is a post about it HERE and it can be found on Facebook HERE

Good thing you experienced the negative side. Now only good stuff to discover!

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

Just keep your sense of humor about you regarding the PH. Once you lose that you will soon depart. Welcome to the forums and enjoy the PH.

Sent from my A919i using Tapatalk 2

mikewright

G'day DB, welcome.

How are you enjoying Cebu so far?

• 4 weeks later...

Change the logo on your hat you wearing mate.   Just plain NO on it works better for you than ATM.  

H from south E Qld.