Sign in to follow this  
Bodiddley

New arrival in Luhag

Bodiddley

Hello I'm from UK and move to Cebu tomorrow. What I would like to know is where I can buy fresh milk and cheese in Cebu City. Also, are there any bluegrass musicians in town? Thanks D

jtmwatchbiz

hiya bob and welcome!

we are also in lahug and depending on your location you can get those products at the grocery store in ayala mall or do like we do and go to fooda (big grocery store chain) near redemptorist church and facing mango ave. just tell the taxi man to bring you to fooda next to the redemptorist church...about 5 minutes from escario st. and capitol.

enjoy!

fred

Monsoon

S&R also has the items your looking for. We used to have a guy on the forum who would tell us once a week if there was milk or not at S&R but then some jerk drovr him insane and the forum owner had to ban him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 2

udonthani

Poms into Bluegrass, are suspect.

semi excusable, among Americans.

Durham

Bob

You can get good cheese from most large supermarkets ie Rustans in Ayala or Gasano Country mall in Banilad both not far from Lahug just look for the chedder cheeses the one I like is the strong flavour or extra strong and I think its Australian.

Im originally from the UK ( Durham )

scoobie007

In JY Square supermarket, Lahug you will find a range of cheeses - brand name 'Mainland' a New Zealand producer. All depends if you like strong cheese but the their 'Vintage' product is quite sharp & tangy. 250g block for P250. Also available in Ayala metro supermarket and Rustans albeit slightly more expensive in Rustans.

Monsoon

Someone needs to break it to him the cost difference between cheese in the Philippines and cheese 'back home.'...

panther

Hello I'm from UK and move to Cebu tomorrow. What I would like to know is where I can buy fresh milk and cheese in Cebu City. Also, are there any bluegrass musicians in town? Thanks D

hahaha fresh milk is only a dream i,m from uk and I have not tasted fresh milk for 2 years .although it says fresh milk on the cartons here it comes with a sell by date of 6 months lol

• Like 2

Skywalker

Rustans carry a lot of products from Waitrose, which is the cream of UK Supermarkets, where I usually shop when I am in London, if I'm not in Harrods food hall.

Edited by Skywalker

jtmwatchbiz

where I usually shop

um...excuse me my lord but since when did you ever do your own shopping?

the one I like is the strong flavour or extra strong and I think its Australian.

yes i think you are referring to "Bega" brand cheddar. it's our favorite as well and my wife uses it on her pizzas

Woolf
Skywalker

um...excuse me my lord but since when did you ever do your own shopping?

Well it's more of an exercise in pointing at things!  

And your wife makes excellent pizzas.

panther

do they supply s.m with fresh milk because i,ve never seen fresh milk in s.m as in straight from the cow within 24 hours onto the shelves of the supermarket 

Woolf

do they supply s.m with fresh milk because i,ve never seen fresh milk in s.m as in straight from the cow within 24 hours onto the shelves of the supermarket 

do they supply s.m with fresh milk?

i,ve never seen fresh milk in s.m as in straight from the cow within 24 hours onto the shelves of the supermarket

I think  you just answered the above  question yourself

If you want fresh milk go there

Bodiddley

Thank you very much for the useful comments. I found fresh milk the day after I arrived and have been enjoying it with my Assam tea. As for cheese, I don't expect any crumbly Lancashire or Cheshire, but I saw a lot of goats on Mactan and presume somebody must be making cheese out of their milk somewhere nearby. 

Why are "poms" who like bluegrass suspect, and what exactly is suspicious about it? I find this a rather strange opinion, but maybe i am missing something.....

Jim Sibbick

Why are "poms" who like bluegrass suspect, and what exactly is suspicious about it? I find this a rather strange opinion, but maybe i am missing something.....

He is a POM too and his favourite music will probably be Greensleeves as he is an ice cream salesman during your summer.  

Unless you have a really big pension or other income, you will will go broke dining on imported food. However,  to find some, try the Tap Room on Maria Luisa Road, near the Sandtrap. It has a mini mart with all the essentials you will miss from home.

Alan S

Poms into Bluegrass, are suspect.

semi excusable, among Americans.

Depends upon your age.

There was a time when bluegrass was a hit in the UK.

(Johnny Duncan, was one example.)

Bodiddley

Local goat cheese is available from a French shop next to the big Mormon Church. Up the road from IT Park and turn left at the junction. Sorry I don't know the names of any of the roads yet. I still have cheese from home so I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good and it costs a modest 100 pesos.

CCP

Antica osteria opposite spooky hotel on approach road to Maria luisa has great cheese, cold cuts etc, as well as Tinder Box on the main Banilad road, S&R shopping center opposite park mall. Fresh milk, well skimmed fresh milk available most robinsons malls, rustans, country mall, but some times stocks limited. Cebu Dairies do run a delivery service also and have many fresh products, milk, cream etc... The fresh milk comes in one liter plastic bottle with green lid, usually lasts 4 days.

Hope this helps.

Edited by CCP