Drilling starts Wednesday, woohoo!

SkyMan

It's p400/ft.  A bit high but we live close to the driller so he and his crew can go home at night so we don't have to build a bunk house or feed them.  He said it might be more if they hit hard rock.  I told him I was paying premium so hard rock is already included.  As Fred said, that's just the hole.  Then I need to buy the casing at about p2300 per 6mtr section.  Installing/welding those is about p5000 total.  The water pipe is fairly cheap and then the pump and everything else is on the way in a BBBox.

• Like 1

Skyman.. I live on hard Rock island.. 

I really hope you dont pay him anymore than 400.. Rocks are extra!! Huh... He`s having a laugh!!

Edited by fred42

It's p400/ft.  A bit high but we live close to the driller so he and his crew can go home at night so we don't have to build a bunk house or feed them.  He said it might be more if they hit hard rock.  I told him I was paying premium so hard rock is already included.  As Fred said, that's just the hole.  Then I need to buy the casing at about p2300 per 6mtr section.  Installing/welding those is about p5000 total.  The water pipe is fairly cheap and then the pump and everything else is on the way in a BBBox.

Dang. I am scared to ask what the other guy was gonna charge! :D

USCebuana

The deep well in my mountain house dried up. I spent about P45K a few years ago. I don't want to send money to have it repaired since it's another way to squeeze money out of me. All of a sudden maintenance issues come up and the money demands that go with them. 

Edited by USCebuana
  • Like 2
Davaoeno

The last 2 wells we drilled here we hit water at 10 feet, but went to 150 ft to get enuf pressure.  Cost per well for drilling was 26,000

• Like 2
thebob

Both of us found the line in under a minute. No idea how it works..It just does.

It hasn't been shown to work in blinded tests.

SkyMan

will you have any FILTRATION on this? 

if so what kind so you can share ,

None planned at this time.  I'll get the water tested but we will likely continue drinking bottled water.

I'm guessing the test results will be something like

• Drinkable
  • Drinkable with filtration
  • Usable but not drinkable even with filtration
  • Usable with filtration
  • Or not usable

I'm ok with any but the last.  That would suck.  But my neighbors use theirs and I think drink it and their well is 15 years old.

I wouldn't take your test if I had to be blinded first either.

thebob

I wouldn't take your test if I had to be blinded first either.

There have been several test on dowsing that I'm aware of conducted under strict conditions that have shown no "hits" more than would be expected than random. I'd like to see tests that show otherwise.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

would just be cruel to blind everyone, they're already having to deal with being thirsty

• Like 1

Oh Yes it has!! 

I blindfolded my wife and asked her to walk over our water line with two bent pieces of 8 mm rebar in her hands!! She found it alright as the bars swung inwards over the water supply!

Aside from that Einstein agrees..

That`l do me!!

Edited by fred42
  • Like 1

I have used dowsing rods, made from coat hangers, to find water lines. It works.