Drilling starts Wednesday, woohoo!

SkyMan

Pray we hit good water soon.  I'm guessing 220ft but the driller thinks maybe 150-160.  I hope he's right.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
RogerDuMond

Make sure you go to the aquifer if you can in your area and not just ground water.

• Like 2
SkyMan

Make sure you go to the aquifer if you can in your area and not just ground water.

I'm thinking that too. I only want to do this once. He said he's able to test the drawdown so we'll see what we have when we get something.

Pray we hit good water soon.  I'm guessing 220ft but the driller thinks maybe 150-160.  I hope he's right.

where abouts do you live

miles-high

Good luck :) How deep do you have to go to get non-salty water? I don't know why Volvic is salty... ;)

Fonctionnement%20hydrogéologique%20Volvic1.jpg

SkyMan

Good luck! Do you have your pump?

Well, I own a pump now.  It's a friend's place in the US and hopefully in a BBBox soon.  No hurry on that really.  1.5 months or so drilling then the casing gets installed.  And even then I'm not sure the pump will go in right away.  I may want to build the permanent pump house first.

where abouts do you live

On top of a hill overlooking Liloan.

Good luck :) How deep do you have to go to get non-salty water? I don't know why Volvic is salty... ;)

attachicon.gifFonctionnement%20hydrogéologique%20Volvic1.jpg

I don't think we'll be running into granite.  We're 1.5 Kms from the beach so shouldn't be salty.

Headshot

Good luck Terry. As long as the well penetrates at least one layer of solid rock before you find water, you don't need to worry about ground water. The rock on Cebu is mostly limestone with some sandstone. It is likely that all you will hit is limestone. There is no granite on Cebu. Limestone gives the water a "sweet" taste (which is good), but it will also cause lime to form in your water lines and fixtures. It's just something you have to deal with. Considering the fact that Liloan has a water tank just up the ridge from you, it is a pretty good bet that the aquifers are readily accessible.

I was talking to an expat the other day at his home.. 

He had two bent welding rods which he uses for Dowsing sticks.. He demonstrated them and they indicated where  his underground water pipe was..

I was also with another expat that is a water treatment engineer and who was having none of it as it was just an old myth with no real scientific theory...

He gave us the rods,showed us how to hold them and asked us to find another water line on his property.. Both of us found the line in under a minute.

No idea how it works..It just does.

Edited by fred42
  • Like 2
SkyMan

Considering the fact that Liloan has a water tank just up the ridge from you, it is a pretty good bet that the aquifers are readily accessible.
That reservoir is filled from a well higher up in the mountains.  It's held there and supplies a treatment facility in Lacion so I'm told.  That water doesn't supply Liloan anyway.  They wouldn't tap into those lines for me because the pipes are like 2' diameter.  My neighbor on the same ridge has good well though, 205'.
SkyMan

I was talking to an expat the other day at his home.. 

He had two bent welding rods which he uses for Dowsing sticks.. He demonstrated them and they indicated where  his underground water pipe was..

I was also with another expat that is a water treatment engineer and who was having none of it as it was just an old myth with no real scientific theory...

He gave us the rods,showed us how to hold them and asked us to find another water line on his property.. Both of us found the line in under a minute.

No idea how it works..It just does.

The first driller we had to our place gave an outrages estimate but dowsed around where I said I wanted the well and he said it was a good spot.  Maybe he made it happen to make me happy, I don't know.

The first driller we had to our place gave an outrages estimate but dowsed around where I said I wanted the well and he said it was a good spot.  Maybe he made it happen to make me happy, I don't know.

In our area they charge 300.00 Pesos per foot.. Obviously,thats just the hole.