what's this?

Anyone give me a general idea of what this is?  Found it in an unlikely place in my house.

post-4886-0-18608600-1383336404_thumb.jpgpost-4886-0-51938300-1383336456_thumb.jpg

I think one on the right is a tape measure, an old imperial one by the looks of it, I hope this helps  :beer2:

Picture isn't clear enough to tell, try a better camera.

The right hand image is focused.. Try again and zoom it.

I think one on the right is a tape measure, an old imperial one by the looks of it, I hope this helps  :beer2:

Are there other kinds ???  :cool:

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Itried that, but am trying to see the circuit board more clearly.

It does look familiar, maybe some sort of controller circuit such as is used in RC toys and remotes for televisions and such.

Scruffydog

Your other right Soldier..

• Like 4

A small listening device.

Crossed my mind.  It is a device unto itself with no provision for attachment to anything else either by wire or contacts. H 104 is printed on a black capsule-shaped object on the other side of the board, which in turn is connected to a small black drum reminiscent of a small buzzer. Sorry for the one-sided fuzzy photo, but my camera battery is down and I cannot find it's charger right now.

I think it would help a lot if you'd also show the front side of the circuit board...

And go closer please. Most cameras have an option to do close-ups.

thebob

Looks like a real time clock module to me but need a much better photo of just the board.

H 104 could be a 100nf capacitor.

Could it be the protection circuit for a li-po battery?

Edited by thebob

I have seen very similar things to this one in a lot of kids toys, I think it might be a sound board

Edited by philuk

second guess would be a photo sensitive cell