thingCHARGER transforms any US outlet into a clutter-free charging station with multiple adapters

• Administrator
Salty Dog
A lack of power outlets, messy wires and multiple kinds of charging accessories — the woes of charging multiple devices at once present a headache that is familiar to many.

In steps thingCHARGER, a new charging solution that transforms any regular US power outlet into a charging station for up to three devices.

All you need to do is plug in the thingCHARGER into any US outlet. Basically the thingCHARGER replaces the outlet entirely — so you get to keep both power points free and by mounting your smartphone, tablet or e-reader directly on top, you also get to charge your device.

As each charger comes with several interchangeable charging tips, it can handle almost any device — the team behind the charger says it is compatible with a staggering one billion smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.

What’s even more impressive: if you have different devices, you can either stack two or three thingCHARGERs together to charge your things at once, or switch the charging tips (which are stored in the back of your thingCHARGER).

Each thingCHARGER also comes with two USB ports hidden beneath it, just in case you can’t do without your wires.

The patent-pending thingCHARGER was launched early this month by Seymour Segnit and his wife Amy. They subsequently brought it to crowdfunding platform Indiegogo, where it has now raised $45,770 with 15 days left — already exceeding the goal of $25,000.

The husband-and-wife team is planning to develop thingCHARGER for the UK, Europe and “other markets” once the US design starts shipping. If you’re interested in getting your hands on one, head to thingCHARGER’s Indiegogo page — one charger costs $29 but there are promotions for buying more.

In the meantime, here’s a video of how the nifty thingCHARGER works.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

The patent wont stand much ground.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

All you need to do is plug in the thingCHARGER into any US outlet.

i need a very long extension cord.

nice idea and i wish them well but for even half the price i don't see it replacing my octopus plugs, power strips, and extension cords.

SkyMan

Actually I was thinking about something close to that the other day in the airport when all of the (few) outlets were being used to charge or run whatever devices.  I was wishing my charger could piggy back like a Christmas light plug.  The I could take someone else's charger out, plug mine in and then plug theirs back into mine.  I imagine I can fine something that would do that at Ace or somewhere.

Hahahahaha, I'm not carrying that thing around.  And $20?  No way.

OK OK    but  it is from ACE   :D

one charger costs $29

I will wait for the $0.99 Chinese version.

"Click on the big red button and contribute now"? Would I be buying this thing, investing in the company or making a charitable donation? Interesting sales pitch for a pretty good idea.

"Click on the big red button and contribute now"? Would I be buying this thing, investing in the company or making a charitable donation? Interesting sales pitch for a pretty good idea.

What you get for contributing certain amounts is listed along the right side here...

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/thingcharger-the-awesome-new-charger-for-all-your-things

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Hahahahaha, I'm not carrying that thing around. And $20? No way.

Yes tell me about it. I paid $20 for a stupid cell phone charger the other day at best buy. I looked all over town and im like "where the hell are the $3 chargers and $0.50 USB cords? Apparently only in asia. ..

Yes tell me about it. I paid $20 for a stupid cell phone charger the other day at best buy. I looked all over town and im like "where the hell are the $3 chargers and $0.50 USB cords? Apparently only in asia. ..

This is where you find them in the USA...

http://www.monoprice.com/

My last order included 2 Micro USB car chargers and 6 USB to Micro USB cables for a total of $8.72.

kQMH3Wo.png

Best Buy is one of the worst places to buy cables, they add a huge markup and make big profits from them.

Edited by T.S.
  • Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

This is where you find them in the USA...

http://www.monoprice.com/

My last order included 2 Micro USB car chargers and 6 USB to Micro USB cables for a total of $8.72.

Posted Image

Best Buy is one of the worst places to buy cables, they add a huge markup and make big profits from them.

Yea I would have looked online but I needed it right away. My charger was locked in my car in a towing salvage yard over the weekend and couldnt get at it until my insurance company moved my truck to their yard.

• Like 1

What you get for contributing certain amounts is listed along the right side here...

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/thingcharger-the-awesome-new-charger-for-all-your-things

Thank you T.S. - I have only just got my head around "crowd sourcing" for idea generation. Now along comes "crowd funding"....hmmm

As there is NO support for the gadgets, high risk of falling,

will not take much of a shaker to put all the devices on the floor,

maybe brake the connector in the gadget.

It can not be used if outlet is horizontal

thCH_Feature_AllThingsAtOnce.jpg

Edited by Woolf