Would you rather buy online than go to a store?

senseless

Assuming there wasn't some insane markup as is typically the case with online filipino websites, Would you rather buy products online here in the philippines for deliver to your home than to make a journey to a mall / store? Many people I realize live on islands where there are no quality products, or that the stores stocking them are so far away it takes many hours just to travel there.

If you would rather buy online, what products would you want to buy online? (Dry Ice shipping is available, so even meats and other cold products can be ordered). Pretty much anything can be stocked and shipped.

Thanks

Edited by senseless
smokey

i would buy food items like cheese and other household things.. as well as electronics and especially parts ... had a heck of a time getting a color wheel for a tv i have and heating elements for a water heater... etc.... car parts.. etc 

bahalina buong

Call me old-fashioned, but I really prefer going into a store over the online method, at least here in the Philippines.  There's just too many scams, disingenous vendors, subpar return policies and most things of any value need 'testing' first or at least a careful 'going-over' before laying down your pesos.  Yeah, I'm much more comfortable making my purchases in person.  Except for my wife, of course, who I ordered like a pizza.  :biggrin_01:   

• Like 6
Skywalker

What?  You ordered your wife like a pizza?  

Do they do wife delivery in Leyte then?  

Are they free if delivered more than 30 minutes late?

Most importantly - can you return them if they are unsatisfactory in any way?

Just askin'   :wave:

• Like 4

Thick or thin crust?

Skywalker

Thick or thin crust?

with anchovies?   *heave*

• Like 1
BossHog

I'm five months into my vow/resolution not to set foot in any retail establishment for one year. Been absolutely stress-free.

Everything delivered. All groceries and hardware. Orchids. Imported cheese. Head cheese.Dried fish. Fresh fish. Beer. Furniture. Beer-drinking furniture. Musicians. Appliances. Maps. Chicks, goats, and turtles. A canoe.Tobacco. Books, magazines, etc. Even the barber makes house calls.

We get everything needed delivered EXCEPT pizza. But we have a pizzeria on the property.

I don't shop online but don't go to stores. So need a third option.

Ordered a water buffalo horn but not delivered yet. Maybe after the next wedding/fiesta.

Having bamboo and corn delivered right now for my next project. Hint: it's made of bamboo and corn.

Edited by BossHog

I feel honour bound to get this thread back on track before Skywalker and I find ourselves in the sin bin.  I am more than happy to use on-line shopping for those items with which I am familiar.  However items that require touch, smell, taste, fit (such as wives - oops, sorry, slap hand) are still best bought at a store.

Edited by GoHuk
  • Like 1
Skywalker

I agree.  Usually it's the gadgets that I go to a store to touch and feel.

Then I buy them for a better price online.

SkyMan

I agree.  Usually it's the gadgets that I go to a store to touch and feel.

Then I buy them for a better price online.

When I was in the states I always went to a particular running store to shop.  The owner knew his stuff and always recommended shoes I liked.  I always bought the first pair from him but went online if I got another pair which I usually did and at a better price.  I didn't mind buying one pair from him though for his effort and to help keep him around.

USCebuana

Since we are talking about ordering wives online, can I order one  please? :crazy:  :crazy:

logo-30_diap.jpg

There are some items like clothes and shoes that need to be tried and fitted before buying. Also fresh fruits, meat and vegetables. The thing is sometimes you go to a store planning on buying certain items and you come back with tons of stuff because they are on "sale". You get tempted to buy even if you don't have an immediate need for those items.

Edited by USCebuana
  • Like 1
bahalina buong

haha...very good!   Hoping someone would hit that hanging curve out of the park.  :)   I like the one who never wants to set foot in a store,  makes you wonder how horrible their previous life must have been.   And we all know one's happiness here hinges on how sucky their own place was...and how much action they were getting there.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
threadstone

Shopping Online is good if and only if you have credit and debit card.   

spritsail

Having bamboo and corn delivered right now for my next project. Hint: it's made of bamboo and corn.

If its for a pipe like Mac Arthurs, then I will buy one plus someof your rhum/vanilla tobacco

Shopping Online is good if and only if you have credit and debit card.   

What if there were alternatives to paying?

COD used to work great in the US. Well, I used it quite a bit when I was a boy.

PayPal is quite commonly used. If I didn't have it, purchases from abroad would be a bit more difficult for me, in some cases anyway.