• original
    • brown and creamy
    • latte
    • cappuccino
    • chocolate
    • some other flavor the pollster hasn't noticed
    • I don't like 3 in 1s, period.

udonthani

I see they've introduced a new cappuccino flavor 3 in 1 since last time I was here. 

BossHog

I happened to buy some of this yesterday.

The one with the little pack of chocolate powder taped to the back?

The truck which sells it to sari-sari stores stopped in for lunch and we bought 5 strips. 50 pieces. 6.50 pesos each wholesale.

Thought it was pretty good but dumped a nescafe classico single pack in to strengthen it up for 4 am breakfast.

• Like 1
johnboy999

I notice you don't have Davao's favourite on your list...

3in1sili_4.jpg

SomeRandomGuy

ha yet another thing I have never needed here... in fact if anything I have needed something to make it less wet.

BossHog

I see they've introduced a new cappuccino flavor 3 in 1

Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Got the package in front of me:

Kopiko Kopiccino plus extra choco granule.

Just had another mug. Still good but a healthy slug of Tanduay wouldn't be out of place in the mug.

johnboy999

Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Got the package in front of me:

Kopiko Kopiccino plus extra choco granule.

Just had another mug. Still good but a healthy slug of Tanduay wouldn't be out of place in the mug.

The new cappuccino 3 in 1 is the same, it has a small pack of chocolate powder attached to the back. For the price, it's reasonable to drink. For sure coffee snobs are never going to approve of any of the 3 in 1 range, but they aren't designed to appeal to that market!

SkyMan

1. Grind em,

2. brew it strong,

3. pour it in a cup.

That's my 3 in 1.

• Like 4

Nescafe and Kopiko originals. I found this something of a treat the first time I encountered 3 in 1 (sad I know) and I am not normally an instant coffee drinker.

I have always travelled with a travel kettle and the fixin's for tea in my suitcase. These days there will always be a couple of packets of 3 in 1 in there too. Although I can locate the small sugar packets in the stores here, I have yet to find coffeemate sachets. The 3 in 1 sachets are great to avoid the need to carry a container of coffeemate or similar. I enjoyed some in Quebec and New Brunswick on a recent drive through those provinces.

Glorious Blend,Hi calcium-7 in 1 is excellent.

Natural & organic-based sweetener,non dairy creamer,coffee,coral calcium,gotu kola,malunggay,mangosteen.

CardiacKid
Thought it was pretty good but dumped a nescafe classico single pack in to strengthen it up for 4 am breakfast.

That's my complaint about all the 3in1's that I have tried. They're just not strong enough for my taste. I currently use ground coffee in sachets that I found in Ayala Metro. I dump two of them in a 16 oz carafe and add boiling water. Stir, and let steep for 5 minutes. Then I strain out the big pieces and fill up my cup. After the initial gag reflex it goes down smooth until the last inch of fine grounds in the bottom of the cup. Three cups of that and you're wired for sound. 

Edited by CardiacKid
  • Like 1
thebob

I'm a big fan of Nestle Excella/Classic or whatever its called these days. It is getting milk that is good enough is the problem. Plenty of nice brown sugar.

3 in 1 is a good compromise. I prefer the original. These boutique style coffee shops don't do anything for me. I just want "normal" instant. Some of the local beans are OK, but there is no consistency and it's a hassle to make.

Half Baked

I don't like to candy up the taste of coffee, I like it black and strong. I prefer a french roast or even chickory, if I can find it here. Anybody seen that?

I haven't tried the 3 in 1 stuff.

just curious--- Why always instant coffee at residences in the Philippines ?

Myself--- I rarely drink more than 2 cups/1 pot of plain old coffee a day if I even drink any

KC has a lot of coffee houses and coffee brokers and roasters---- offering instant coffee in this town would be an insult

Here is a company just a few miles from my house ---- http://www.theroasterie.com/coffee

Just out of curiosity--- how do the prices compared to whole bean or ground coffee in the Philippines ???

prices range from

20th Anniversary Platinum Edition Blend

$13.62

Qty

Size
12 oz

Costa Rican Geisha La Pira Washed

$113.29

Qty

Size
Choose an Option...12 oz8 oz

Costa Rican Geisha La Pira Washed Choose an Option...12 oz