Sign in to follow this  
poby

No problem registering this vehicle

poby

Recently I had some sand, cement etc delivered in a small truck.  I was a little dumb-founded at the state of this vehicle and asked if he ever had any problem with the annual registration inspection and he said never a problem.

The vehicle in question billowed constant clouds of thick blue smoke and appeared to have an oversized battery, probably due to the engine cutting out every time forward movement ceased, requiring about 10 seconds of turning over before it would catch again.

But the most impressive was in the cabin:

post-2066-0-17278000-1383061578_thumb.jpg

post-2066-0-01653500-1383061673_thumb.jpg

post-2066-0-29494200-1383061749_thumb.jpg

I suspect he gets the annual rego done without ever taking the vehicle there.

Oh and when he left, I found a piece had fallen off that I couldn't identify.  Rubber tubing connecting to some sort of electrically operated valve. When he came back to deliver some more stuff, he looked at it and said didn't need it.

• Like 4

Canuck Joe

scary, those little trucks amaze me with the loads they can carry....un safely.

SkyMan

Way problema.

• Like 1

Baywak

It get's the job done!

smokey

well i can see its much safer then the junk without a door...  and yet they still check new cars for smoke belching and pull over cars for seat belt violations 

Jimone

Looks like about the usual amount of maintenance, same as the buildings and a lot of the hotels.. Build and forget ....

• Like 1

CCP

If it's not broken, don't fix it. It still gets the job done, so obviously it's not broken. Great tyres by the way. See! It has it's good points

Edited by CCP
  • Like 1

johnboy999

You've probably seen the way some of them strip down their motorbikes to make them go faster. I'm guessing this guy has done the same thing, removed anything "unnecessary" to save weight and make the truck faster paul.gif

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

removed anything "unnecessary" to save weight and make the truck faster 

I'm reminded of my youth in Brixton when my first 'job' was helping the greengrocer strip his truck to nothing as he said he was charged tax dependent on the net weight of the vehicle.  He drove it sitting on an apple cart.  Things have changed in the UK and the undoubtedly will here, one day.  Just wait a while.

Monsoon

But if you change the color of a vehicle - whoooooa look out - paperwork city

thebob

I don't see the problem. You can always drain out all of the oil and tow it to the smoke test. It only needs to run for 30 seconds with the probe in the tail pipe.

I'm a bit surprised not to see the usual jumbo bottle of heavy duty brake fluid and the necessary gallon of water.

Chris24

Don't laugh, it's paid for.

• Like 1

Peter C

one of those cars you read in the newspaper "the driver lost control" and caused an accident

SkyMan

Recently I had some sand, cement etc delivered in a small truck.  I was a little dumb-founded at the state of this vehicle and asked if he ever had any problem with the annual registration inspection and he said never a problem.

The vehicle in question billowed constant clouds of thick blue smoke and appeared to have an oversized battery, probably due to the engine cutting out every time forward movement ceased, requiring about 10 seconds of turning over before it would catch again.

But the most impressive was in the cabin:

attachicon.gifIMG-20131014-00241.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20131014-00240.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20131014-00239.jpg

I suspect he gets the annual rego done without ever taking the vehicle there.

Oh and when he left, I found a piece had fallen off that I couldn't identify.  Rubber tubing connecting to some sort of electrically operated valve. When he came back to deliver some more stuff, he looked at it and said didn't need it.

How much did you offer him for it?