SRRV is there a fee to leave the Philippines?

A fellow I know who is not a member of this forum asked me, so I am asking members for him. Each time an SRRV holder leaves the Philippines do they have to pay any fees beyond the normal airport fee that I believe that we all pay?

No they have unlimited travel in and out without exit fees IF they travel within the the year. If they delay over the year then they have to pay the travel tax fee of 1620 on top of the terminal fee that they would always pay.  Suggest you refer him to the PRA website it is covered in detail thereor the associated link for SRRV holders from the west known as EURAMA.

So in and out once a year to keep the exemption.

Edited by spooks

Google is your friend

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program2/2?page=1

3.   Exemptions from:

•   Income tax over your pension and annuities;
      •   Exit and re-entry permits of the Bureau of Immigration;
      •   Annual registration requirement of the Bureau of Immigration;
      •   Customs Duties and Taxes with regard to the importation of household goods and personal effects up to US$7,000.00;
      •   Travel tax, if you stay in the Philippines is less than one year from the last entry date; and
      •   I-Card

lol i liked the last one.  You do get an I card and renew annualy or tri annualy, try getting back in the country without it!!  I know i left mine at home and even if my passport had the SSRV visa in it i went through hell at both ends

Chris in Makati

lol i liked the last one.  You do get an I card and renew annualy or tri annualy, try getting back in the country without it!!  I know i left mine at home and even if my passport had the SSRV visa in it i went through hell at both ends

Even the airlines will often want to see the PRA card when you check in.

I keep a scanned copy of all my important documents like that on a "cloud" storage service on the internet in case I need something. If I forget the card at least I could pull out my mobile phone and bring up an image of it.

Even the airlines will often want to see the PRA card when you check in.

I keep a scanned copy of all my important documents like that on a "cloud" storage service on the internet in case I need something. If I forget the card at least I could pull out my mobile phone and bring up an image of it.

yes agreed a copy would have gone a long way to helping. HK were very good about it as my passport had the original PRA sticker and I had Filipino driving license so they made some calls and I was allowed to board. They said I may be asked to pay for another outward bound ticket on arrival in Manila as they may insist on treating as a 21 day tourist.

In Manila the Immigration guy was determined to give me a hard time so i just said yes sir no sir. He wanted a fax copy which i could not get as i was not sure where the card was , not to mention that I did not have a fax to use. I offered to go with him to the PRA office he would like to . He gave up and waived me through.

I now have copies of everything including BC in my travel documents wallet.

Google is your friend

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program2/2?page=1

3.   Exemptions from:

•   Income tax over your pension and annuities;

•   Exit and re-entry permits of the Bureau of Immigration;

•   Annual registration requirement of the Bureau of Immigration;

•   Customs Duties and Taxes with regard to the importation of household goods and personal effects up to US$7,000.00;

•   Travel tax, if you stay in the Philippines is less than one year from the last entry date; and

•   I-Card

I think this means you dont need a ECC as well, which might be useful if you have to leave urgently

Chris in Makati

SRRV exit clearance was abolished about 6 years ago

I think it must be much longer ago than that. I've had a SRRV since 1995 and the Exit Clearance Certificate (ECC) exemption has applied ever since I've been a PRA member.