Credit Card Merchant account

can anyone recommend a great way to accept CC payment.

1. Target is primarily Filipino customers, but  abroad OFWs also prospects

2. How much are the transactions fees ?

3.  Currently do not have a web presence but would like to in the future. 

4. Do not have large product line - complicated cart technology not needed.

Any suggestions , tips and advice would be appreciated. 

thanks

I have it - signed up at no cost - had a huge moving / garage sale this summer  - worked great -  HTC EVO phone and tablet.

Some people wanted to give me checks (NFW) but everyone has credit card.

Used line that it was costing me money to accept their credit card so had two prices - cash / card. 

Credit card receivables ARE traceable for taxes. 

• Like 1

Do you know if these suggestions will readily accept Pinoy credit cards .   address verification is ticklish here due varying spellings and weird  names and locals etc.. 

The site blocked me  from reading.. 

Your access to this site has been limited

Your access to this service has been temporarily limited. Please try again in a few minutes. (HTTP response code 503)

Reason: Access from your area has been temporarily limited for security reasons

I signed up for squareup... looks cool  however i have to wait on getting the reader.. and I am worried how they will deal with Pinoy issued cards. 

The site blocked me  from reading.. 

Your access to this site has been limited

Your access to this service has been temporarily limited. Please try again in a few minutes. (HTTP response code 503)

Reason: Access from your area has been temporarily limited for security reasons

I signed up for squareup... looks cool  however i have to wait on getting the reader.. and I am worried how they will deal with Pinoy issued cards. 

Just go through a proxy. An easy way to do that is to go through hidemyass.com

Edited by spydoo

So if any of you merchants have recommendations about Philippine based services that easily accept credit /debit  cards let me know.  

Thanks

Square  looks really cool...but they don't operate in the Philippines...   

​Hello,

Thanks for writing in, and for your interest in Square. You will not be able to accept cards in the Philippines.

Square is currently available in Japan, Canada and the 50 United States, including DC. We are beginning to look into other markets, and we’ll be sure to announce any further expansion.

Keep an eye on https://squareup.com and https://twitter.com/square for any updates.

Thanks for your patience.

Reed
Square Support ​

Kabisay-an gid

Try contacting Intuit. If they're a no-go also, check out PayPal. I know PP operates in the Philippines.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Do you know if these suggestions will readily accept Pinoy credit cards .   address verification is ticklish here due varying spellings and weird  names and locals etc.. 

I have one of the Square things and slid my Philippine credit card through it to test it out. It worked. 

Then they wanted all sorts of information from me about what I am using it for etc. etc. When they realized it was just me testing they backed off. 

Try contacting Intuit. If they're a no-go also, check out PayPal. I know PP operates in the Philippines.

I have had and have heard horror stories with PP.      Currently trying  the transaction group.

Kabisay-an gid

I have had and have heard horror stories with PP.      Currently trying  the transaction group.

I currently use PP on several websites I own, and have never had a problem.

Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been as good.

The shopping carts I have made for people in the Philippines use mainly papal and authorize.net that has peso settings. Since you are thinking of dealing mainly with Philippine clients the cart payment gateways can be pay by western union, check, bankwire, hsbc and so on.