familiy feuds ( dilema intervene or not )

panther

udonthani

I've been around enough situations here and there to realise that the cliche of the idyllic family set up, respect for elders and so on can be, to put it mildly, a bit of a myth. Families fight here like everywhere else and the pressure points are just like in the west, i.e. family occasions like Christmas and New Year. Season of Goodwill my ass. It's the most violent time of the year here like in the UK. One time, a son even drew a knife on his father while I was upstairs in a bedroom. I steered well clear each of these times. I could just imagine some deluded foreigner wanting to get involved like he were the friggin' UN Peace Envoy or something but possibly ending up with a knife in his gut.

• Like 2
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• panther

• Paul

• ozboy

• Skywalker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walk away...all our arguments have been over family matters....half the time you cannot understand what they are screaming about or are they just talking normally.....stick your nose in and suddenly y

Here is what happend when you intervened.   Your  GF is now  royally pissed you "came down" on her and not her  daughter.    You made her lose face in front of her daughter and didn't back her up.  

Skywalker

It's okay Whippy, we know you are a lover not a fighter!   :back_stab:

asks her daughter to do the simplest of things and she gives her attitude about it ,she daughter spends too much time on the laptop and cellphone everyday she has become a bit lazy maybe its my fault for providing the goodies

well i,ve gave her a lecture about obeying mamma when she asks her to do something around the house no chores no cell phone or laptop lol.

Wtt8rP2.jpg

• Like 6
  • 4 weeks later...
Borinquen

Find a gf without a kid and enjoy life here.

SkyMan

Okay. Why? I still can't see what responsibilities a 15 years old girl has, that dictates she needs a cell phone. That is the problem. People give children too damned much in today's world.

The basic justification for a giving a kid a cell phone is to take away their excuses of there being no phone around to let you know where they are and when they'll be home or they lost track of time. It's also handy to be able to contact them to find out the same. But that can be done with a cheap Nokia. No need for a smart phone.
  • Like 1

The basic justification for a giving a kid a cell phone is to take away their excuses of there being no phone around to let you know where they are and when they'll be home or they lost track of time. It's also handy to be able to contact them to find out the same. But that can be done with a cheap Nokia. No need for a smart phone.

Right. Sure. Yeah. Okay. Then, they come up with the low batt, no signal excuses.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

Okay. Then, they come up with the low batt, no signal excuses.

them too? those are the ones i use.

Lots of good advice.

Boils down to get out or throw them out.

They will understand either...just don't get in the middle.

Once they've lost the ability to talk, it's hopeless.

They will have to live with that...not you.

It's so different here, selfishness is okay. 

I like it.  'No one fights before me!'

In Manila at the old Hard Rock, a girl would ask a thug to hassle her knowing the white guys will step up to protect.

Great diversion for pickpocketing.  Or just knock him out and drag him to their jeep. 

He wakes up naked in Cavite. 

One Chinese guy would do it just to check if you were a real man. So it can go either way.

Best to speak with your eyes.....and move along.

Interesting exposition of the white man's burden.

Edited by goldote