Fishy PLDT invoices

trax

Guys, this random foreigner wants to know your view on this subject:

Im renting a house with internet, the owner shows me PLDT invoices every month.

I did notice in last invoice that I'm also paying for a landline phone, but the phone at home is not working, no signal. I try to call to my supposed number (it's in the invoice I'm paying) and for my surprise it's ringing! So someone is having a landline for free.

The owner of the house lived here before, so I guess she was using that landline number as her own, she did transfer to another subdivision, perhaps she did ask to change the phone address, but not the billing one. My question is, is it possible to divide the internet to one of the houses and the phone to the other address and having it all in the same invoice? I think it's very confusing, but it's the only logic I can find to this issue. I'm paying a lot for a very slow connection. And looking for the plans at PLDT site, it has no sense at all what I'm paying for.

and how much do you pay ?

For internet, around 3,500 php per month, it was supposed to be 5Mbps.

Edited by trax

http://pldthome.com/overview/surf/mydsl/about

read this part

Features and Specifications
  • Connection: Wired
  • Surfing Hours: Unlimited
  • Comes with the following:
    • FREE PLDT to PLDT NDD calls for 12 months.
    • FREE 30 mins ID-DSL Callers, Package to USA, China, Canada, Hongkong or Thailand. Just add Php99.00/month.
  • 12 month lock-in period
  • Monthly Service Fee (MSF) is billed on top of PLDT Landline's MSF
  • FREE WiFi modem and installation fee
Edited by Woolf
smokey

For internet, around 3,500 php per month, it was supposed to be 5Mbps.

it was my understanding with the internet the land line was free maybe that is the trick your internet bill pays for her landline... 

Ok, so perhaps the price is normal if I had landline and internet. But is possible to divide the service in two different residences like this?

With PLDT the the land line is not free with internet, that is one the reasons I have GLOBE

PLDT have a bundled plan  1Mb  1299PHP, same with GLOBE is 1099PHP

http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/promo/new-broadband-bundles?utm_source=GOOGLESEARCH&utm_medium=SEARCHCPC&utm_campaign=HAVASCOUNTERSTRIKE

smokey

Ok, so perhaps the price is normal if I had landline and internet. But is possible to divide the service in two different residences like this?

well if your paying 3,500 for just internet i have to wonder what your rent is..

I do not think so, you said the phone was ringing   but was it answered ?

You can not have adsl  without having a land line into your house

I do not think so, you said the phone was ringing   but was it answered ?

It was not answered, perhaps she was not at home at that time, just tried once. In my country, if there is no phone plugged it can't be ringing, is it different here in Philippines? 

In my country  I hear the ringing tones  if a phone is plugged in or not at the other end

and I cant imagine how it could  be other than like that

May I ask what country you are from

It is not the called phone that generates  the tones

Edited by Woolf
Rocketman

I have had PLDT for 2 years now.  They changed their prices a few months ago and I lowered my rate.  I was paying P3600 for a landline and 5MB.  I didn' think I needed that speed so with the new pricing and lowering my speed to 3MB, I'm now paying about P1600 and happy with the speed.  My last bill had a downgrade charge of P446 which pissed me off, but it's not worth calling about.  And yes, you're required to have a land line.  The P1600 includes the landline.