Gender gap 'narrows' The Philippines in the top 10.

Women gain as gender gap 'narrows' lightly in the past year in most countries, according to a World Economic Forum (WEF) report.

Iceland, Finland and Norway top the list of 136 nations, based on political participation, economic equality and rights like education and health.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-24643344

Brucewayne

In a country where women are hired over men and are ordered according to looks, age. marital status and whether they have children and usually made to parade around dressed like a bar maid, I rather doubt the gender gap has closed very much.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Made to parade around dressed like a bar maid? Except in bars who does that?

Department stores, banks, anywhere a business serves the public.

• Like 1
bahalina buong

Interesting, and I may now have to rethink my plan to raise my daughter in the US.  According to this study, she will have a much better life growing up in the Philippines.  :rolleyes:

Davaoeno

Nor the BDO or BPI or Chinabank nor Metrobank uniforms !!   Batman [ BruceWayne ] must hang out in some very strange banks 

Brucewayne

I guess I just don't see the SM uniform as a bar maid's outfit.

Sm outfits have a slit and some are nearly up to the girl's panties.

PCI was the bank my wife wouldn't let me go into alone because when the ladies sat down, the slit on their dresses came all the way up to their hip and she didn't want me ogling them.

Brucewayne

Women gain as gender gap 'narrows' lightly in the past year in most countries, according to a World Economic Forum (WEF) report.

Iceland, Finland and Norway top the list of 136 nations, based on political participation, economic equality and rights like education and health.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-24643344

I get it now, the gap was wider in these areas, so they could make any change and be the ones who closed the gender gap further than anyone else.

Everyone else pretty much closed their gap years ago and can't close it much further, hence little or no change because there is little room for change.

spritsail

I thought the title of post referred to the number females to men etc. In china I saw that thre are 117 men to 100 women, and South Korea has 109 men to 100 women. Anyone know how many men there are to Filippina women.i estimated that its 66 men to 100 women judging by my daugthers class.

As for unforms I think the vietnamese Ao Dao takes the biscuit for the hightest cut above the waist.

post-7590-0-02565100-1382823828_thumb.jpg

Top Bottom Ten. How can mangoes and tomatoes be equal? They're both fantastic, but not equal.

I thought the title of post referred to the number females to men etc. In china I saw that thre are 117 men to 100 women, and South Korea has 109 men to 100 women. Anyone know how many men there are to Filippina women.i estimated that its 66 men to 100 women judging by my daugthers class.

As for unforms I think the vietnamese Ao Dao takes the biscuit for the hightest cut above the waist.

Interesting you say that i,ve noticed that there seems to be far more girls here than boys ,or it could just be my imagination but it seems like it to me.

Davaoeno

Top Bottom Ten. How can mangoes and tomatoes be equal? They're both fantastic, but not equal.

But they are equally fantastic !!  Which makes them equal   [ well in one aspect anyway ! lol ]

• Like 1

Interesting you say that i,ve noticed that there seems to be far more girls here than boys ,or it could just be my imagination but it seems like it to me.

I guess that's the problem with anecdotal evidence and limited sample sizes. The truth is the opposite, apparently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sex_ratio

I guess that's the problem with anecdotal evidence and limited sample sizes. The truth is the opposite, apparently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sex_ratio

as like quite a few countries don,t have a census its pure guess work many births in the philippines are not even registered so to me its pure guess work espeically in parts of asia .also countries that have been through large wars where mostly men have been killed can tip the balance quite a bit meaning its hard to quote figures acurately as to which countries produce one gender more than the other .