HSBC ATM transaction limit is now PHP 20,000

Jim in Cebu

Jim in Cebu

FYI:

When I did a withdrawal yesterday at the HSBC ATM at the Cebu Business Park (Ayala), the ATM displayed a message that the maximum withdrawal amount in a single transaction for the ATM machine is PHP 20k.   This was using my HSBC(US) debit card.

Historically, I've been able to draw more than that in single transactions there -- but I don't know what the old limit was.

Since there are no ATM fees regardless of what ATM card is used according to other reports on this forum, the change in transaction limits is probably not significant to users.  

SomeRandomGuy

I always got atm charges at HSBC... the old limit was 40k.

This sucks as it would save me a small amount of cash as I would take out enough needed for two to three  months when ever I was in cebu.. guess that is done for now

Edited by SomeRandomGuy

When you look at the screen of the ATM it tells you the denomination of the notes inside, either 500 or 1000. I have found in the past at HSBC if they load it with 500 peso notes they limit your withdrawal to 20000. If it has 1000 peso notes in it you can get up to 40000 pesos out

Nangulo

I have an HSBC ATM card but down here, the ATM's only do 10k per transaction even though HSBC let's me draw 40k per day.

There's a difference between per transaction and per day.  When I need 40k, I do 10k x 4.

Anybody try taking out 20k twice?

PNB gives me up to 20,000 + 20,000 + 10,000 for a maximum of 50,000 per day.

KonC

PNB gives me up to 20,000 + 20,000 + 10,000 for a maximum of 50,000 per day.

KonC

On a PNB card  or card from any bank?

On a PNB card  or card from any bank?

PNB card.

KonC

HSBC Ayala Makati is 40,000 then use the BPI machine and get some more:)

SkyMan

I always got atm charges at HSBC... the old limit was 40k.

Were they charges from HSBC or your bank? I've never had any with my HSBC card or my USAA card.

HSBC premier accounts are charged exempt. Some of the banks in the phils do charge like BDO. BPI and Metro bank are not charging at this time

Used my Danish  mastercard yesterday, BPI  charged 200PHP

SomeRandomGuy

Were they charges from HSBC or your bank? I've never had any with my HSBC card or my USAA card.

I had to check... it does not say if it was from HSBC or my bank just atm transaction fee 5 dollars....

Jim in Cebu

When you look at the screen of the ATM it tells you the denomination of the notes inside, either 500 or 1000. I have found in the past at HSBC if they load it with 500 peso notes they limit your withdrawal to 20000. If it has 1000 peso notes in it you can get up to 40000 pesos out

I didn't noticed the p500/p1000 notation on the screen.  However, it did dispense the p500 bills with the p20k limit, while usually it dispenses p1000 bills the other times I've used it.  Thanks for sharing this observation.

No limit a day at ATM HSBC Ayala, the limit is in YOUR bank!
They still have a maximum of 40 notes per transaction.
That means if it says 500 on the ATM it can give you 20k, if it says 1000 it can give 40k.
But you can put the card inn as many times as you want, it's YOUR bank that has the limitations.
My bank has a limit of NOK 30 000 (per 4 days) per VISA debit card (220K peso).
I have 2 cards and can get 440K per 4 days!
I have withdraw from the HSBC ATM 320k in a day, divided on 2 cards, same account.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

While USAA does not have a charge when using HSBC, they do have a 1% foreign transaction fee. You will find it near the bottom of your statement listed as: FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEES INCURRED THIS CYCLE.

USAA ATM and Debt Cards Service Fee Schedule
Effective 01/07/2013
Foreign Transaction Charge 1% of the transaction amount. Applies to debit card or ATM transactions with a merchant or ATM in a foreign country, whether the transaction is originally made in US dollars or converted from a foreign currency.
(The ATM owner may charge additional fees, known as surcharges. USAA Bank will automatically refund ATM surcharges incurred up to $15 per monthly account statement, except for the monthly statement cycle in which an account is closed.)