designing your own provincial house?

ThomsonJr

If you're going to build, then 100m² would be better (without the garage). I don't understand why you would small, unless you really don't have the cash. 70m² with the garage included as mentioned before, is really small.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enuff

• USCebuana

• Headshot

• thebob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck on having family help you build your house while you aren't there to supervise. It has been a recipe for disaster for many foreigners building something here in the Philippines. Why would yo

While there is some truth in that, I think its more a matter of age. I find that at 66 I dont adapt anywhere near as well to most of the things that I did just 10 years ago .   I used to acclimatize e

There is nothing wrong with this, but does she let the construction crew do whatever they want to do? I'm thinking she is also an eagle-eyed supervisor who knows how things are supposed to be done?  

Posted Images

If you're going to build, then 100m² would be better (without the garage). I don't understand why you would small, unless you really don't have the cash. 70m² with the garage included as mentioned before, is really small.

70sqm to 100sqm is fine................ not looking for a McMansion................... I got one now in the states. 400 sqm and I use about 40 sqm!!!

If I build a large house with big rooms the kids will turn into American kids.................sitting in their room & playing on computer. no aircon.......... fan only.

Plus the main reason is now matter how much I trust, love etc etc etc................. I will NEVER own this house, no matter what!!

12m x 8m = 96sqm

post (although oversized) every 4m

small windows in bathrooms & laundry room

12m x 8m.png

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

colonel mustard did it in the kitchen with the candlestick

colonel mustard did it in the kitchen with the candlestick

I prefer a warm apple pie

• Like 1

12m x 8m = 96sqm

I like that size and layout. You still have the option of a back porch and dirty kitchen. Your BIL might raise an eyebrow at the separation of crs and kitchen/laundry but there's no reason why you can't do this layout.

You might want to consider ceilings higher than 8 feet. With only fans, the height will help to keep the rooms cooler. It will add to cost though.

Headshot

Headshot, I never heard of a roof exploding because of the heat. California now has residential energy requirements that's why houses have to be built not to exceed certain energy consumption limits. 

Hahaha...reread what I said.

No attic space is truly air-tight, so there is no danger of anything catastrophic happening (such as the roof exploding). 

While it is absolutely NOT possible for your attic to explode, it is very possible for it to radiate heat into the rest of your home. The Philippines has no building standards that are anything like those in California, and even those standards they do have are seldom followed.

• Like 1

this one features columns (only one size in the program) every 5m......................... (9 posts for 10m x 10m house)

also has indoor kitchen with windows & small windows in bathrooms, laundry & closet (you never know, hehehe)

back wall plumbing is all accessible in the 2 bathrooms, kitchen sink & laundry accessible from the side of house

let me know your thoughts

Nice plan and comfortable layout

this one features columns (only one size in the program) every 5m......................... (9 posts for 10m x 10m house)

also has indoor kitchen with windows & small windows in bathrooms, laundry & closet (you never know, hehehe)

back wall plumbing is all accessible in the 2 bathrooms, kitchen sink & laundry accessible from the side of house

let me know your thoughts

Go two feet deeper on house that will add 1 ft. To each bedroom and a foot to each bathroom. This way you wont be so cramped
USCebuana

I made a plan that's a bit similar to yours OP. I was going to give it to my brother to give him some ideas for his house. It's 28' x 28' plus a 14' x 8' patio. It works but it's very tight. The bathrooms are not ADA compliant.

post-3368-0-24576700-1383390281_thumb.jpg

post-3368-0-11105600-1383390346_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I know who I'm reaching out to the next time I try to design and build a house! I love the front porch.

• Like 1
Headshot

Bigmook, if you really are open to suggestions, take a look at this. It is less than 100 sqm (not including the deck). I think it has everything you are looking for, and all of the plumbing is clustered. The grid you see is in meters.

post-6379-0-67234600-1383398320_thumb.jpg

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3

Bigmook, if you really are open to suggestions, take a look at this. It is less than 100 sqm (not including the deck). I think it has everything you are looking for, and all of the plumbing is clustered. The grid you see is in meters.

attachicon.gifLinC House 3.jpg

I like this one too. A bit more expensive with the extra row of columns to provide for the bedroom corridor. If it was me, I would look at a front elevation to make sure I liked the balance / symmetry of the door, living room window and kids bedroom windows. 

What software did you use Headshot?

Headshot

I like this one too. A bit more expensive with the extra row of columns to provide for the bedroom corridor. If it was me, I would look at a front elevation to make sure I liked the balance / symmetry of the door, living room window and kids bedroom windows. 

What software did you use Headshot?

The exterior design of a home can change with the style and accents you choose. The look of this home could change completely with the addition of a front porch. Also, most homes are somewhat asymmetrical in appearance.

I use Home Designer Architectural 2014 by Chief Architect.

Next month, when my home remodel/addition is complete, I will post a topic on it...including the plans, before and after shots, and details on how we did it. Hopefully, it will given people some ideas on what is possible.

• Like 1