Sign in to follow this  
SomeRandomGuy

super food recipe's

SomeRandomGuy

I talked about a while ago about starting a website with recipe's that are cheap, affordable and good for you.. not to mention tasty using mainly local ingredients.  Kind of half fusion and half good old fashioned know how.... recently I perfected a super food soup recipe that is so bloody good I want to share it with you all.

Ingredients.... chicken stock, pumpkin, cauliflower. two medium sized sweet camote, two medium sized onions, one clove of garlic,one 250 ml cream,tumeric, ground flak seeds ( if u do not use these please google and see why they are so good for you) and malunngay.

First things first roast your pumpkin.. ( tastes way better in your soup)

I use a slow cooker for this but a large pot on a small flame is great too.

add both onions and garlic and sweet potato into your slow cooker. Add a decent amount of pepper and chicken stock ( I use my own chicken stock but two cubes of the bought variety works well also. ( is you do use these stock cubes you do not need to add any additional salt as it will be salty enough)

Add one large diced fresh Tumeric ( another thing that is so uber good for you, you should be including this into your diet as much as possible.. once again please google)

At this stage I also add a diced cauliflower, 3 to 4 medium sized large green Chillie.

Also adding now 1/4 cup of malunggay and also 1/3 cup of ground flak seeds.

By this stage your pumpkin should be roasted so add that and add enough water to cover.

wait and cook until it has softened and reduced and then blend all this up and add it back into the slow cooker.

Add your cream and stir it thru very well so the cream does not split.

taste now and season as you think needs ( everyone pallet is different after all) but once it is a decent soup mixture turn it off and let it cool ( or serve if you are hungry)

This recipe is super yummy, super good for you and I get 12 to 14 serves from this but also use it as a base for other recipe's.

Please give it a go and tell me what you think... but your body will be happy, your pocket will be happier ( all up costs less then 150 peso to make this) and you will be amazed at the taste of such a simple group of super foods.

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
  • Like 4

CardiacKid

Waaay too healthy. Give me a chunk of Lechon with skin and a pot of white rice.  :sarcasm:   Sounds good. I'm a heart patient so most of my meals come out of a steamer, no salt, and no added fat. Some of the local sauces, sweet chili and hot sauces make them less gagging. Experimentation with local ingredients over the past eight years allow me to do pretty well. 

CardiacKid

Here's one of my favorites. http://www.icuban.com/food/arroz_con_pollo.html  Omit the bacon and substitute plain rice for the parboiled. The Bijol seasoning mentioned is strictly a coloring to make the rice yellow. The frozen peas only add texture to the dish and can be omitted or substituted with snow peas.  Serve with fried plaintains   http://www.icuban.com/food/platanos_maduros.html and you have a full meal.