Top Posters In This Topic

• ILoveCyrus

• thebob

• shadow

• Canuck Joe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i don't know , lots of trannys over there

Just went to Honda dealer and they said this: my rear sprocket is currently 51 teeth  ( for low gears and hauling).  He suggested I go 38 teeth and I'd be happy.  They don't do that at Honda but he re

how bout one of these?  

Posted Images

CebuKano

there is a set: 38 teeth rear with new front sprocket (don't know how many teeth) and new chain to boot. Mechanic said it would be in the 800-900p range with install. Sound like a deal to me. Apparently, he's done this many times to customers satisfaction.

What's the name and location of the shop in case others are interested in doing the same thing?

Edited by Motörhead
  • Like 2
ILoveCyrus

Shop is called I-3 on Basak Marigondon Rd. very close to the Airport runways.  You'll see a SeaOil gas station right there. I-3 is on the other corner.

I'm buying the part there buy having my local mechanic install it as I like him and want to give him some business.  I-3 can also install for you.

Parts plus labor should not be more than 1000p.

• Like 2
ILoveCyrus

I-3 Racing to be exact.

For Bob and others who know.  I have choices to make.

38 teeth rear, 15 t front (he has these parts)

36 rear, 16 front (out of stock)

etc....etc.....

I'm sure there are many combinations and variations.  Will it really be a big difference?  All I know is either one will be better than the STOCK 51 rear and whatever it is in the front.......... 

Brucewayne

Shop is called I-3 on Basak Marigondon Rd. very close to the Airport runways.  You'll see a SeaOil gas station right there. I-3 is on the other corner.

I'm buying the part there buy having my local mechanic install it as I like him and want to give him some business.  I-3 can also install for you.

Parts plus labor should not be more than 1000p.

Sea Oil?

I know someone who would pay big money for any sign from there if it is original and not a copy or home made.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go off subject, but I think one of the posters has the best idea.

Sell the bike you have, then buy the one you would be happier with.

That is unless you enjoy tinkering, in which case, carry on.

Edited by Brucewayne
thebob

38-15 will be fine. Even just go for only the 38, and see if you want to change the front one later.

• Like 2
CebuKano

I-3 Racing to be exact.

I passed by there yesterday on my way to pick up some pizza and the directions and landmark (SeaOil) you gave made it easy to spot.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go off subject, but I think one of the posters has the best idea. Sell the bike you have, then buy the one you would be happier with.

how bout one of these?

post-7853-0-02219600-1385986588_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
ILoveCyrus

im intersted in the TMX 155, wud like to no if the kickstart is still not so good on new modil? How is the bike for thows that own one and wud you buy it agein if you had  choyc?

I own 1 and I've done some modifications to it.  They say it is "indestructible".....and so far so good.  It is not the fastest bike, but SPEED will kill you anyway.

A couple of things to consider:

1. kick start, no electric start

2. no gas gauge....just fill it up and go 300KM and refill again.  There is a reserve tank just in case you gas-out

3. head light is not super Bright....kind of DIM if you ask me

4. tail pipe too close to your RIGHT CALF...... if you wear short, YOU WILL GET BURNED

Would I buy it again?  Maybe not, but I would buy another HONDA........YES....!!!

ILoveCyrus

by the way.....What gas goes into the motorcycles?  95 octane........98 octane???  Does it matter?

Canuck Joe

by the way.....What gas goes into the motorcycles?  95 octane........98 octane???  Does it matter?

no need for high octane in a stock motor that does not have ability to advance timing, most of the bikes here don't have that teck.

Higher octane is a slower burn so it will not get full combustion during the downward stroke which means less Powerpower.

If the compression ratio has been modified high octane can be a benefit.

Start with the cheap stuff and track performance and mileage then experiment with next grade up.

thebob

3. head light is not super Bright....kind of DIM if you ask me

I find the TMX headlamp to be plenty bright. I'd check your switch and grounding points.

For Real

Can't have it all, I see.

It has to be one or the other.............sigh...!!

Try the higher gearing first. Get some rope and wrap it around the back wheel for more diameter.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

ILoveCyrus

I find the TMX headlamp to be plenty bright. I'd check your switch and grounding points.

I'm electrically challenged...LOL

The light brightens with gas acceleration and dims when coasting....