Will the earthquakes cool the buying and rental market?

Davaoeno

Bubbles are the cause and effect of buyers and sellers,

can I quote you on that ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brucewayne

• smokey

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well to give you the heads up from my side, we have got 4 clients wanting to move out of condos this last week, pretty scary Tuesday morning especially for some that live in older condo blocks. As far

But isn't it also true that 100% of highrises are still fine after the strongest earthquake ever recorded in this area. All buildings that collapsed are one/two story buildings. In addition some old h

This whole country is long over due for a property decrease/bubble pop. I actually get very concerned when a country where 80% live on less then 2 dollars a day look at condo;s being built and sold f

smokey

can I quote you on that ?

i am his lawyer you can not quote anything we say without a small fee .. do you have pay pal

• Like 3
Davaoeno

i am his lawyer you can not quote anything we say without a small fee .. do you have pay pal

I think you are being sarcastic and just making fun of me !!  I hate it when my sarcastic  comments are ridiculed. In future please try to control yourself .

i doubt the earthquakes will have any effect 

A_Simple_Man

v

Maybe its time to inflate 'Bubbles' and have a little fun.  Or is your girl permanently inflated like the real estate 'bubbles'?

smokey

I think you are being sarcastic and just making fun of me !!  I hate it when my sarcastic  comments are ridiculed. In future please try to control yourself .

i doubt the earthquakes will have any effect 

making fun of you heavens no look at your avatar 

i been in new condo, one of the most modern and well bult in city. the building is mess, big chunks of structure layng on the road around it, big cracks and structual damage...

Which building is this then..?

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

LOL ... does anyone remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93RwJTg8R_w

Ahhh ... what me worry? 

ha wow..wtf.... yep thanks for that now I am never staying in another condo ever again....I love the guys what was the cause..shitty workmanship and cheap crap material..... sounds like anywhere else u know?

My wife and I live in a condo in Florida and in Cebu City and as long as they keep standing we will continue to do so and I would not even run out of the building if a quake came while we were home. If any of us feel that a quake will destroy the building we are in, then they should of course not live in them but I would rather it happened while I was in my unit than stuck in a stairwell running down with the herd during a collapse. 

I feel the earthquake will scare a lot of people away and hopefully lower prices but if the building has been around for a while and is still standing and not seriously damaged beyond minor plaster cracks from the last quake, then it would appear to me that the building has been tested, yet any building that has suffered major damage I would not wish to live in. 

Anyone see the brand new building in China that collapsed, poor construction, so I would be more concerned with the new buildings going up that have yet to be tested.

nice post but do u reelly think anything will change for another few hundred years hehe?

i been in new condo, one of the most modern and well bult in city. the building is  mess, big chunks of structure layng on the road around it, big cracks and structual damage, half way up i felt like i was going thrugh hell on the morning of earthq. the building was swaying and it felt like it was redy to crumble like a 9/11 towa. cant imagine the poor soles in the top flors, many looked like they seen ghose hehe... never again will i put my life at the mercy of useless philipine buidliders and engeiners. now they walk around buidling like headless chickens with paper pens and so call engenerr working out what to do.. same with poor condo owners, no insurance, many are mad as helll

What building and where????????????

Headshot

Bohol has been through the mill but Cebu itself was on the sidelines ....who is to say there isn't a little tension that needs to be released right under Cebu City?

At least one of the aftershocks was on a fault right under Labangon in Cebu City. Most of the activity has been close to or under the Bohol Straits. This is the major fault zone for the area. While there could still be tension on some faults running under Cebu Island, there isn't any reason to believe that one of these is holding major tension. Then again, nobody knows for sure which faults could go next. It could be the fault at the bottom of the Marianas Trench or at the fault at the bottom of the Philippine Trench. If either of these go, you won't have to worry about aftershocks. The tsunami will wipe out most of the Philippine Islands.

Edited by Headshot
Skywalker

I think anybody who has lived here for a few years will fully understand how short memories are here!

The housing market wont be much affected.

• Like 4

The whole of Asia is on the Ring of Fire. Everywhere is earthquake prone.The only people spooked are Kano.

A port wave (Tsunami)? Comes when two tectonic plates collide. Most of the sea here is inland. It would rise but tsunami comes from open water. Tsunami rising one kilometer up the mountain? I doubt it.

You live in Asia, you live with earthquakes and typhoons.

smokey

looking for place meself as i dont like condo anymore after earthq, i notiuce many adds now for condos to rent cebu, much more than wen i look a few moths ago ;)

i thought you were looking for a place with grass to walk on and quiet and two hours out of town ?

• Like 2
Brucewayne

looking for place meself as i dont like condo anymore after earthq, i notiuce many adds now for condos to rent cebu, much more than wen i look a few moths ago ;)

This could be another colntributing factor to a bubble.

If everyone leaves the condos and don't buy tyhem, there will be too many and the prices will have to drop.

Of course here the building will probably drop before the prices do.

• Like 1