Already Gone

Guy60417

Great Eagles song, but applicable.

I'm back in the USA (Chuck Berry/Linda Ronstadt). I left late Monday night (actually Tuesday morning) on Asiana through Seoul and Tokyo. In a rare instance of good timing, I got out just ahead of the quake.

I'm sure I will miss many things about the Philippines, but I think overall I'm glad to be out. I took a walk for exercise last night and walked for a bit over an hour, all of it on unbroken sidewalks -- wonderful!   :)

I plan to hang around still and comment, but I'm sure I'll have less to say on most topics, no longer being there. I will be in the US through Christmas, and then will move on to Ecuador early in January. Best wishes to all.

• Like 8

Good Luck to You Guy.

My family has also been considering Ecuador and a few other south American countries.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Good Luck where ever life takes you man

post here all you want.. i'm sure many members would love to hear about Ecuador 

Thanks for the good wishes. I will let y'all know how I think Ecuador compares.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying things like shopping at Costco and Trader Joe's, and eating english muffins for breakfast (didn't realize how much I had missed them). I find I'm less able to deal with the cold after a year+ of bitching about the heat/humidity. 

• Like 1
quit_yume

Ecuador is great overall.. Im sure you will love it there.   good luck !

• Like 2
bahalina buong

Yeah, good luck to you and it would be great to hear a comparison between R.P. and Ecuador.  Just please don't make Ecuador sound TOO wonderfuI...haha.  I basically did a coin flip three years ago between the two places and ended up here.  :idontknow:  

• Like 1

Great Eagles song, but applicable.

I'm back in the USA (Chuck Berry/Linda Ronstadt). I left late Monday night (actually Tuesday morning) on Asiana through Seoul and Tokyo. In a rare instance of good timing, I got out just ahead of the quake.

I'm sure I will miss many things about the Philippines, but I think overall I'm glad to be out. I took a walk for exercise last night and walked for a bit over an hour, all of it on unbroken sidewalks -- wonderful!   :)

I plan to hang around still and comment, but I'm sure I'll have less to say on most topics, no longer being there. I will be in the US through Christmas, and then will move on to Ecuador early in January. Best wishes to all.

keep us in touch with life in ecuador it sounds like an interesting place