Has PhotoBucket become useless or am I doing something wrong?

SkyMan

I'm no longer able to get a link to a jpg, only to an html page with the photo on it.  Is there some way to do this? Or do I need another photo server?  Seems like Flickr is the same way.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I have an account but never use them anymore. Now that there are so many cloud services, I just keep my photos in the cloud. You can share them if you like. I had Microsoft way back when I got free 25G. I think you only get about 10 free now. But there is also Google, Dropbox and Amazon that all give you at least 5GB free.

I don't use photobucket, but I just looked at some random pictures there and saw the option for direct links to the images.....

oHY6ttH.png

Similar options to what is available on the forum software. 

I agree with the cloud idea, these days. That is, with the exception of adding photos to posts, where you can upload images / files to your posts.

So, I guess it depends on the application I am using the photos for. 

If you use Copy, and download the application to drag and drop, you will get a lot more than Google or Dropbox offer. Click on this affiliate link and it will give you an additional 5 gigabytes, after registering, downloading, and installing the software.

• Like 1
Irenicus

. Click on this affiliate link and it will give you an additional 5 gigabytes, after registering, downloading, and installing the software.

Just gave ya another 5 GB.

SkyMan

I don't use photobucket, but I just looked at some random pictures there and saw the option for direct links to the images.....

oHY6ttH.png

I swear that didn't work when I tried it earlier.  :paul:

I swear that didn't work when I tried it earlier.  :paul:

You been drinkin' an' typin' at the same time, again, TJ? :D

Just gave ya another 5 GB.

It only gives me the extra 5 Gigabytes, if you actually download and install the sync software. I see where it was waiting for your email verification.

Irenicus

It only gives me the extra 5 Gigabytes, if you actually download and install the sync software. I see where it was waiting for your email verification.

Done.  Not a bad deal Barracuda is running with the free 20 GB cloud.  I like.