Got My New Windows 8.1 Upgrade

Brucewayne

zoim.jpg

Probably just more of the same.

My interest in Windows stopped with the introduction of Vista, which we all know what everyone thought of that one.

I have a copy of Vista, Windows7 and Xp Pro Essentials and the Xp is the only one I use.

bahalina buong

So I guess you will be off-line for a few months while you install that on your Commodore 64?  :)

• Like 3

So I guess you will be off-line for a few months while you install that on your Commodore 64?  :)

Can anyone here convert those 3.5 to 5.5 floppies for my machine? :nea:  

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I didn't know they still released software on 3.5".

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I didn't know they still released software on 3.5".

yes, but you have to be on the VIP list to get them !!   

• Like 1
Skywalker

I remember getting window 3.1 for workgroups on about 17 or 18 floppies, back in the day.

I am probably not going to go with windows 8, because I don't have any plan to upgrade to a PC with touch screen.  Even though I use iPad and iPhone everyday.

Windows 7 is still very adequate.

• Like 2

I upgraded to 8.0 because it was offered as a $40 upgrade from Win 7.  It really doesn't do anything for me that Win 7 didn't do, but what the heck, for $40 you can't go wrong.  I would take the free upgrade to 8.1 but with my current internet connection it would take forever to download.

I remember getting window 3.1 for workgroups on about 17 or 18 floppies, back in the day.

I am probably not going to go with windows 8, because I don't have any plan to upgrade to a PC with touch screen.  Even though I use iPad and iPhone everyday.

You can get some of the same "feeling" with a big multi-touch touchpad and the screen will not get hugaw. Not long ago I got a Acer Aspire Laptop with big touchpad and win8 and going from XP desktop machine (died after one of Cepalcos many brownouts!) its very nice when you combine keyboard, mouse and touchpad, depending on your work.

Things was quite different with my first pc...ZX81, yes the year was '81...0.5k RAM so I had to buy a huge 16K Rampack (huge in psychical size) and NO Windows to update..

• Like 1

Windows 8 works great on computers without touchscreens.

It is true that Windows 7 is also still very adequate.

• Like 2

Only problem I have found is that software support for 8 is pretty average.

Especially in my field, so many things just dont work.

Yiu can still get some of the Asus ultrabooks with Win7 so will be aquiring one of those until the indutry catches up

• Like 1