Grey_O_Wolf

Currently, I am looking for a suitable location to open a new Therapeutic Massage Spa. I am browsing a number of online sources, but maybe some members may see something posted locally.

Some of the requirements are good location, reasonable price to rent or purchase, possibly good terms on a purchase, adequate size of the building,  easy customer access, sufficient business traffic, residential accommodations and close proximity to services. Additionally, the location must have Internet, telephone, Cable, Power and water or at the very least capable of adding as required. 

Currently we are looking in the Talisay area of Cebu, but may expand our search to Cebu proper or a few other local areas.

I believe we need at least 50 sq.m. for the Spa itself and about 100 sq.m. for a residence. We are also looking at the possibility of starting off or adding a Sari-Sari Store and Internet Cafe as well. Each of these could be another 50 sq.m. (give or take)

Multiple levels of the residence and business are possible, perhaps Sari-Sari store and Internet Cafe on ground floor, with Spa and residences on floors above the stores.

Total property size therefore needs to be about 200 Sq.m. + 

My wish list for this location/property also includes some personal requirements as well, specifically some land to plant a garden or fish pond or both. I may do a bit of aquaculture!

IF anyone reading this has any leads that would be relevant, or suggestions, please post here.

I  would think you would want highway for business.  tabanok area has about 4 massage ,near robinsons theres two and near gaisano 2or 3 . but theres are regular massage. behind gaisano I saw a new building going up i think its for rent 

Buko Beach

Therapeutic Massage Spa? What does that mean and what's your vision? I ask because a massage place means different things to different people.

Who will be your target customer? Expats, Locals or Tourists? What services will you provide and what will be your price points? The answers you provide will determine where the best location for your business should be, and give it the best possible chance to survive and thrive.

Have you visited many different kinds of massage spas in and around Cebu City? If you plan to open a massage business I would visit every massage place I could find to understand just who your competition is, what services they offer, at what price points they offer those services, and who there main clientele is.

Homework, research just do it.

• Like 3
ThomsonJr

As far as I know, once the word of a good (outstanding) Massage Spa goes around within the wealthier (or middle class) Filipino community or the Expat community, people will find a way to go there, regardless of the location, as long as it's not on the other side of the island of course.

50sqm seems to be too small in my opinion, Internet café is not that profitable anyway so i'd focus on the Massage spa and create more space for that, forget about the Café and Sari-Sari. 

Edited by ThomsonJr
ThomsonJr

It would be a pretty low class Massage & Spa if theres a Sari Sari and Internet Café attached to it, i'm talking about Cebu City.

Edited by ThomsonJr
SomeRandomGuy

Lol i know quiet a few people that have owned or currently owned massage spa's.

If u know who alister is then maybe u should speak to him and his wife about the viability of one ( note they have a very upper class one in banilad)............lots of massage/spa what have you around... lots go broke......

What is needed is a reputable and reliable home massage service in cebu.. there are a few but there service is terrible and this could cut your costs down.

No need for a location then, just a bike driver to take your staff to jobs

BossHog

Total property size therefore needs to be about 200 Sq.m. +

An internet cafe, a residence, a sari-sari store, a spa business, AND a fish pond with garden.

Ok, sure. Sounds good.

I think Lilliput would be a great location for this.

• Like 2
spritsail

I have a spa resort I am wanting to rent out for a while so I can do some voyaging. It has five spa pools - 3 japanese hot tub style with circulating pump,and 2 outdoor pools with fountains and waterfalls. Waterfront location in Camiguin with seven bedrooms, restaurant  and water sports center.

Good occupancy arranged through Agoda.

I see you cannot get PMs

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I have a spa resort I am wanting to rent out for a while so I can do some voyaging. It has five spa pools - 3 japanese hot tub style with circulating pump,and 2 outdoor pools with fountains and waterfalls. Waterfront location in Camiguin with seven bedrooms, restaurant  and water sports center.

Good occupancy arranged through Agoda.

I see you cannot get PMs

you might want to read Pauls rules about advertising disguised as posts - as well as his thread titled  [

PLEASE do not insult me!] Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1
Grey_O_Wolf

I  would think you would want highway for business.  tabanok area has about 4 massage ,near robinsons theres two and near gaisano 2or 3 . but theres are regular massage. behind gaisano I saw a new building going up i think its for rent 

Location on a busy street would be preferable, yes. I have seen a couple of Massage Spas near Gaisano in Tabunok but I missed that new building going up. I will have to check it out next time I am up there. (several times a week)

Thanks

Grey_O_Wolf

Therapeutic Massage Spa? What does that mean and what's your vision? I ask because a massage place means different things to different people.

Who will be your target customer? Expats, Locals or Tourists? What services will you provide and what will be your price points? The answers you provide will determine where the best location for your business should be, and give it the best possible chance to survive and thrive.

Have you visited many different kinds of massage spas in and around Cebu City? If you plan to open a massage business I would visit every massage place I could find to understand just who your competition is, what services they offer, at what price points they offer those services, and who there main clientele is.

Homework, research just do it.

A little bit about me and my better half! I am a retired Canadian who has now lived in Talisay for over a year. We have been living fairly well on my pension, but Canada has a rule about being out of the country for longer than 6 months. They reduce/cut your benefits, pension and healthcare.

My gf/wife is a "Licensed Massage Therapist" and was working in Manila at a "Healing Spa" when I met her over a year ago. She has not been working since I arrived in the Phils and now would like to work or own/manage a Spa to supplement our income. She knows the business fairly well and has a good group of personnel who would be interested in working here in Cebu. 

Clientele would likely be upper class Locals and expats. Price points would be similar to existing competition, not lower. The focus would be on the Therapeutic aspects. When I arrived in Cebu, I warned Rove that I had a bad back and would need to recover my health with her help. She has managed to eliminate almost all of my back problems, with massage, and I now feel better than I have for many years. She is surprisingly strong in her hands for such a small woman.

The location would also determine somewhat, the clientele. Near a Mall would probably be best. I would have liked a spot near the Guisano SRP mall, but as of the earthquake, it is closed and I don't know when it will be back open. Even IF! 

I realize I know little about the business here, but I am usually a quick study! ;-)

Grey_O_Wolf

As far as I know, once the word of a good (outstanding) Massage Spa goes around within the wealthier (or middle class) Filipino community or the Expat community, people will find a way to go there, regardless of the location, as long as it's not on the other side of the island of course.

50sqm seems to be too small in my opinion, Internet café is not that profitable anyway so i'd focus on the Massage spa and create more space for that, forget about the Café and Sari-Sari. 

I am hoping that word-of-mouth advertising would work well, assuming that the facilities were good and the staff were well trained. You are probably correct about the size, but my plan is still very flexible. I am an ex IT manager from Ontario, Canada so an Internet Cafe might work for me. It might give me something else to do! LOL The Sari Sari store would be mainly for customers and staff to buy whatever they needed, but it depends on location too, and local competition.

Grey_O_Wolf

Lol i know quiet a few people that have owned or currently owned massage spa's.

If u know who alister is then maybe u should speak to him and his wife about the viability of one ( note they have a very upper class one in banilad)............lots of massage/spa what have you around... lots go broke......

What is needed is a reputable and reliable home massage service in cebu.. there are a few but there service is terrible and this could cut your costs down.

No need for a location then, just a bike driver to take your staff to jobs

I would think that having the business and residence on same site would give me more flexibility. The outbound massage service is one that could also work too and/or be added to additional Spa Services. Thank you.

Grey_O_Wolf

An internet cafe, a residence, a sari-sari store, a spa business, AND a fish pond with garden.

Ok, sure. Sounds good.

I think Lilliput would be a great location for this.

OK! Get your butt to Lilliput and find me a location, BossHog! ;-)