Passing of an era. Bum Phillips dies at 90.

Half Baked

Half Baked

This is how I remember the Houston Oilers of my youth. "Luv ya, Blue!"

The mold was broken after Bum was made. I bet its a sad day in Houston. I feel like I've lost a family member.

We loved ya, Bum!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000265413/article/former-houston-oilers-coach-bum-phillips-passes-away-at-90

• Like 4
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

R.I.P. 90's a pretty good run

• Like 1
CebuKano

Oh man, I will miss him. Like Mr. B. said, 90 years is a good run. Rest in peace.

JamesMusslewhite

He never wore his signature cowboy hat inside the Dome, as he said, "My parents taught me to never ware a hat indoors". He will be missed by millions. R.I.P. Bum, you were the man...

• Like 2

Yep I sure remember those massive Luv Ya Blue  pep rallies at the Dome and the welcome home bashes ...even after losing to the Steelers...

"Last year we knocked on the door. This year we beat on it. Next year we're going to kick the son of a bitch in!" - #BumPhillips 1923-2013.