Amazon.com to the Philippines

Amazon claim to be able to deliver to anywhere in the world and from the website you can enter a Philippines address and it will quote for postage and estimated customs charges. I can only imagine its a recipe for disaster, but would be interested to see if anyone has tried it?

I've used them several times.

The trick is to click the "global eligible" on the left side to see if they will ship and collect import duties for you.  If you use the global shipping, they deliver to your door and you don't pay any additional fees.

IME, if you ship via fed-ex the import duties come out to about 100% of the price of the goods.  Also fed-ex keeps your goods for a few days so they can charge "Storage" fees of several hundred pesos.

With Amazon global, import fees are about 50%.

Today I ordered some sheets and here's how it worked out. (still pay about 200% for shipping/import fees)

Item(s) Subtotal:     $97.72
Shipping & Handling:     $47.53
      -----
Total before tax:     $145.25
Estimated tax to be collected:     $0.00
Import Fees Deposit     $68.64
      -----
Grand Total:     $213.89

• Like 1

I have ordered a $20 webcam from ebay and no fees were payable. I don't know what the customs limit is. It arrived safely. 

Also have ordered supplements from iherb.com (like the USA amazon of health related items) to the philippines, arrived pretty quickly, same amount, no fees again. I found this code for $10 off your first order with iherb: FWG790

Edited by mrlondon
  • Like 2
SkyMan

The trick is to click the "global eligible" on the left side to see if they will ship and collect import duties for you. If you use the global shipping, they deliver to your door and you don't pay any additional fees.
Is this something you put in your profile or when you check out?

Thanks for the advice, may have a go at some point. Presently sending balikbayan boxes of stuff from the sandpit to the Philippines and so far not one of them has been opened, so may test with a few more items. But would also like to order some stuff off amazon.

Edited by Ricky

Is this something you put in your profile or when you check out?

When you search for an item, there are options on the left side to refine your search.

That's where the global shipping filter option is.

post-8276-0-68749700-1382186366_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ronin

I have ordered a $20 webcam from ebay and no fees were payable. I don't know what the customs limit is. It arrived safely. 

Also have ordered supplements from iherb.com (like the USA amazon of health related items) to the philippines, arrived pretty quickly, same amount, no fees again. I found this code for $10 off your first order with iherb: FWG790

I think that if your shipper uses United States Postal Service, it slips thru customs with no additional fees.  However, USPS seems to take a lot longer than other shipping options.

SkyMan

When you search for an item, there are options on the left side to refine your search.

That's where the global shipping filter option is.

attachicon.gifamazon.jpg

Ahhh, so it's just a filter option.  My delivery estimate is November 4th.  I'll try to remember to post about it here when it comes. 

Here's a page on Int'l Orders.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117930

senseless

Why don't you just use my-shoppingbox.com as your USA address?

It's like 5$ for a 1-2lb item depending on box size and you get it a week or so. I use them frequently. No limitation on what you can or can't buy.

Edited by senseless
  • Like 1
Lordblacknail

I would recommend if your not in a hurry, to ship via LBC boxes. We shipped 63 when we moved here, all arrived in good condition and unopened.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Recently had a box shipped from California via LBC. Took about 10 days and no custom fees. Declared actual value $50. It was a new electronic item. Shipping was about 1/3 of others like FedEx or even USPS. I think it was less than $10.

I would never use Fedex to be delivered to the Philippines they are just rip off merchants in Cebu. We used them to ship some articles from Hong Kong no problem until they arrived here then had a call from Fedex Cebu they would be held for at least 5 days for customs clearance, I couldn't believe this and told them to return them to the sender, the next day we went unannounced to Fedex office and asked to see the person who called us, of course she was busy and sent one of her office boys, within 2 hours we cleared customs ourselves paid the duty and went to collect the parcel and still had to pay 700 pesos for storage and it had only been there for one day. I was so pi....d off I just paid the storage and left.

Never again will I use Fedex again for anything to be delivered via Cebu.

• Like 1

I understand the sentiments with FedEx, I've had similar delays on mere documents coming into Manila and Cebu with them before.

Majorsco

I would never use Fedex to be delivered to the Philippines they are just rip off merchants in Cebu. We used them to ship some articles from Hong Kong no problem until they arrived here then had a call from Fedex Cebu they would be held for at least 5 days for customs clearance, I couldn't believe this and told them to return them to the sender, the next day we went unannounced to Fedex office and asked to see the person who called us, of course she was busy and sent one of her office boys, within 2 hours we cleared customs ourselves paid the duty and went to collect the parcel and still had to pay 700 pesos for storage and it had only been there for one day. I was so pi....d off I just paid the storage and left.

Never again will I use Fedex again for anything to be delivered via Cebu.

Had nearly identical experience with DHL.