ATM limits

can anyone supply names of philippine banks that allow more than 10,000 pesos at a time ,as I have noticed ATM charges have crept up so need to take more money out at a time thanks.

I think that is the only one

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

IF u are with bdo u can take up to 50k a day     but only 20 k per transaction      hbo yes 40 k   that is all i know

Edit

I do know more than that just for u funny bastards out there

If you have a PNB card you can get 20,000 at time up to 50,000 in a day.

KonC

• 1 month later...

When in the Philippines I withdraw up to 25k a day from my BDO account. Can't see any ATM charges on the withdrawal slips.

Since I was already banking with HSBC elsewhere, I was able to get an account with HSBC in Cebu with relative ease.

This was with tourist visa, showing bank statements from abroad.

They gave me a local debit card that allows me to withdraw up to 75k per day, no fees.

HSBC also offer a nice overview function on the web, where I can keep track of accounts in various countries and transfer between them, at minimal cost.

I'm happy with this setup, and will even get a cheque book next week.

rainymike

If you are trying to avoid atm charges, you might try a different strategy altogether.

My SS is direct deposited into a Philippines bank (Metrobank). I can then move funds around to other banks as needed without the charges. What's been more important to me is the convenience factor rather than atm fees.

The other strategy is to make one lump payment in a Philippines bank with a check. And then draw from that bank when the check clears.

Edited by rainymike