Recommendations for web developer

I am seeking recommendations for a local web designer/developer who can build a website for me.  I want the site to have interactive capability where a user can input/update information that is then stored, similar to an airline website where a user can make a reservation.  An online payment option would also be nice.  If you know of anyone who can build such a website, please let me know. I will pay the going rate. 

Majorsco

You would need a web developer that is only experienced in web development, but also one that is experienced in creating egg evident data models. Data models are not a sub category of web development but some have learned. A good data model can make or break your web application. I used to manage web development as a project manager and used database designers to create data models vs the basic ones web developers would come up with.

• Like 1

ask mr google 

there is tons on line already build you just need to make it yours 

i did few web site fro the internet and we also have a online store that we just rent it with our own domain 

if it is a basic site you are looking for im sure you can find it already done and just rent it 

also if yuou just build a web site you going to need some one who is going to manage it for you 24/7 

if you rent it it comes with service 

Majorsco

A data model represents how the data is to be stored for your application. It's efficiency and efficacy are critical if you are to have more than a few simultaneous users. Inca large scale application in terms if simultaneous users, this is not a trivial matter or a matter left to "copies if what someone else has done". It also matters which database technology will be used (Microsoft access, MySQL, SQLServer,or larger. Anything with MS Access or MySQL are low quality, low volume, data models. It depends on your volume and intent as to what you need. You may need SQLServer, Oracle, Sybase, or another DB system.

Largely it depends if your application is data intensive or if it is procedural intensive.

This is not a trivial decision.

I asked Mr. Google and the closest link in my search was a link to this very thread on LinC forums.  Evidently Mr. Google knows nothing about "egg evident data model" s !

• Like 1

ok i was not talking about eggs 

our chicks are lazy and best not to talk about it  

any way read the rest of my post and than deside if you still want to build your own site 

i must tell you web sited need a lot of work to keep it running 

and no you dont need local 

and for sure you dont want local 

the worst web sites i have ever seen are local based [not to say local build ]

but to me it seems any local server is as slow as they can get 

I know you specified a local developer. Have you considered Squarespace?

arentol

Our forum colleague "no one" essentially summed up the situation quite succinctly, "...and no you dont need local, and for sure you don't want local."

Philippines web development skill sets are just not up-to-par relative to the rest of the world. Colleges are still teaching C++ as their primary focus whilst we're in a world of Ruby, Ruby on Rails and .NET. Many young IT students I've spoken with are completely unfamiliar with basic concepts, such as cloud computing, SaaS, and modern database architecture. The lack of modern IT knowledge is quite stunning.

While I cannot recommend (nor have I ever discovered) a local who has the requisite skill-set for your project, I would advise that you post your project on Guru.com or another reputable freelance talent source. You may find affordable talent in India.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but that's the reality as I see it.

Aren

- 26+ years IT experience

- IT remote worker based in Cebu

• Administrator
Salty Dog

its-more-fun-in-the-philippines-web-design.jpg

Mr. Mike

Call the President of the United States of America...ask for his advice on web development :ROFLMAO: ...sorry, I could not control myself.

Davaoeno

Call the President of the United States of America...ask for his advice on web development :ROFLMAO: ...sorry, I could not control myself.

I'm not sure I will ever understand Georgian humor !  

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I'm not sure I will ever understand Georgian humor !  

R7207.jpg

You can try odesk or elance. There are a lot of freelancers there and a bunch of them are Filipinos with good rates.