Ben Franklin

Sorry just saw this a week or two ago but got dropped and not answered. I'm coming next week and have new and old franklins. The new ones are sweet never used. Should I trade the new for the old or the old for the new. I'm thinking bringing half and half.

Skywalker

I very much doubt that the new notes will be a problem - however older notes that are damaged or torn ARE a problem very often.

A couple of years ago I brought the brand new £50 note(s) over, and I was worried - as you are.  It wasn't a problem.

If I am correct, wasn't it the 2006 ($100) notes that were commonly refused in the Philippines? I forget which year, exactly, now. But, there was one that would really come under serious scrutiny by banks and money changers.

Personally, I would bring all brand new $100 USD notes with me, if I could.

SkyMan

Sorry just saw this a week or two ago but got dropped and not answered. I'm coming next week and have new and old franklins. The new ones are sweet never used. Should I trade the new for the old or the old for the new. I'm thinking bringing half and half.

Kind of a tough call there.  On one hand the brand new ones might be refused because they aren't ready to accept them but on the other hand you might be able to wrangle a higher rate for them as they could be in high demand for being less of a counterfeit worry.

In which you'll want to print off a bunch of extras. j/k

Edited by SkyMan