Sign in to follow this  
no one

Soundproofing for ktv room

no one

what would be the best and easily  available in ph to soundproof 1 room 

dosnt have to be 100% perfect just so it isnt to loud outside 

but also not to expensive 

SomeRandomGuy

I only wish the rest of the country had your concern of not making a ktv room so loud..

I have a mate here that was sound proofing his place in the city I will ask him what he used

• Like 1

Hy H

What is the noise you trying to hide?  

TV.. Stereo…Arguments…Noisy Bedroom antics?

Sorry edit... KTV room?

Did build one for a customer in Australia. No windows. 90 mm timber frame, rockwool batts insulation, inside covered with 16mm Fyrcheck Fire n Sound proof plasterboard. Double solid core 40mm entrance door. Floor to ceiling very thick drapes.   Dead quiet. 

Edited by Hy H

hyaku

Egg trays! That's what we did years ago with the garage Beatle hopefuls

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1

hyaku

Trays...or put up nice signs saying, 'You want to listen to yourself but w don't, use the volume control'!

Edited by hyaku

spooks

buy sheets of 2" thick foam it is sold by weight but will come in size of 8' x 4'

Construct partition wall with 1/4" ply pack with the foam and you are done

• Like 1

broden

if you don't want anyone to hear what is going on inside the room from outside the room, hire some kids to stand out side the room and sing christmas carols 

• Like 2

SomeRandomGuy

buy sheets of 2" thick foam it is sold by weight but will come in size of 8' x 4' Construct partition wall with 1/4" ply pack with the foam and you are done

thats basically what my mate just said he did...

no one

cool thanks guys 

i was thinking about it but i never done it before so just want to make sure it will work ok 

thanks again 

thebob

It is the bass (low notes) that travel the farthest, and it makes the whole structure vibrate. Suspending the bass speakers from springs or standing them on styrofoam will stop those frequencies from making the whole structure radiate outside.

Studios are usually a room, inside a room, with a false floor, and ceiling. Rubber mounting the floor and suspending the ceiling will help a lot.

Be aware that you will be building a fire hazard using local materials.

Well done for being so considerate.

• Like 1

shadow

It is the bass (low notes) that travel the farthest, and it makes the whole structure vibrate. Suspending the bass speakers from springs or standing them on styrofoam will stop those frequencies from making the whole structure radiate outside.

Studios are usually a room, inside a room, with a false floor, and ceiling. Rubber mounting the floor and suspending the ceiling will help a lot.

Be aware that you will be building a fire hazard using local materials.

Well done for being so considerate.

I have my scoops sitting on motorcycle tires, keeps them from ratting the entire structure and they can't be seen underneath the scoops.

• Like 1

shadow

nothing like concreet ;)

You put a good bass speaker directly on concrete and you will have a concrete bass drum.

• Like 2

Skywalker

if you don't want anyone to hear what is going on inside the room from outside the room, hire some kids to stand out side the room and sing christmas carols 

post-12091-0-99736600-1381737162_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

SomeRandomGuy

awww shit i forgot about that... I guess u miss out on that 5 month carol thing in the condo's

thebob

Only 5 months?

• Like 1