I am at a loss on how to handle

SomeRandomGuy

My wife gets stared at all the time, not only here in Cebu but also in whichever country we are in be it Australia, Singapore or Thailand. She asks me why and I remind her that she is an attractive woman. She has the half Spanish mix and is tall for a Filipina.

Maybe they are staring at her handsome husband?? ;)

The funny thing is that Filipino's ask her is she is Filipina, very strange they can't identify their own race.

She never gets the crude remarks though, if that happened she would definately strike back before I would. Our 2yo son has very white skin and blond hair, so I guess he adds to the attraction, when he is with us.

Hope things improve for you mate!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SomeRandomGuy

• smokey

• ILoveCyrus

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think about it for a second. Jealous men, screwed at birth by being born in third world country, short dick most likely, piss pot poor and will be for the rest of their life. White man like you comes

You know I think that is a major contributing factor to a lot of the frustrations many expats have when transplanting to the Philippines. Surrounding yourself with people you have practically nothing

This has happened to my wife on numerous occasions; more than once with me standing right next to her. I nearly got into a fight with a taxi driver that asked for her phone number while I was sitting

Posted Images

If you cant accept it I guess its time to move somewhere other than the Philippines before you do something you may regret.

• Like 1

just say lick ur lips !!!! When my  wife alone she make  drop there eyes and heads  she use the line from full metal jacket , I rip ur head off and shit down your throat!!!! She not shy no more

• Like 2
SomeRandomGuy

also my problem is my gf...  she is a bit of a sweet heart.. very humble and has a great deal of humility.

I have never had a problem with it before as past gf's would just tell them to feck off ( which has actually in turn caused me more problems including her very nearly getting raped.. note this is a past gf not current)

As i was saying if it was just me.. not a drama but how it effects her.. that is my drama... in all honesty we never actually had that problem in cebu albeit this bad.

anyway thanks for your words and opinions guys it is much what i thought anyway... ha i think I am philippined out

I have to join the chorus that is advising that this is something you'll have to come to terms with. It goes beyond the men flirting or expressing their "interest" with body language. The attitude extends to sales people and neighbors. Sales people will often comment to my wife to make a selection of a product which is not what she wants, but more expensive. They will openly say "he can afford it" or "what do you care, it's his money". Neighbors will often come to her to borrow money, never intending to repay. They will also openly say "you can afford to give me money, you're rich".

Men will flirt and make suggestions that she should consider them for a boyfriend.

Sadly, this sort of thing is based upon the reality that some women do respond favorably to the attention. In effect, it works....sometimes. Kinda like the old expression about picking up girls in a bar. Just be blunt and say what you want and you'll get slapped in the face a few times. But, every once in a while, one will say okay.

Where I live, there are few places where foreigners with the wives congregate. I travel to Cebu once in a while and while there I notice a situation similar to this. I will be walking through a shopping mall and as I pass a couple with a foreign-looking man and Pinay, the woman will give me flirtatious look. A harmless sort of look, but pretty clear it is intended to get my attention.

My wife is of the opinion this is a sort of "game" being played. The Pinay wants to flirt, directly in front of my wife as a way of saying "I could take your man if I wanted". I think she is on to something there. Of course, it could also just be a habit some women have from their employment.

Good luck dealing with the situation.

• Like 5

Think about it for a second. Jealous men, screwed at birth by being born in third world country, short d*ck most likely, piss pot poor and will be for the rest of their life. White man like you comes in gets the prettiest women, has money to burn, even if you are normal your d*ck is probably twice the size of the little snatch that is talking shit.

Think about it for a second. Jealous men, screwed at birth by being born in third world country, short d*ck most likely, piss pot poor and will be for the rest of their life. White  A man  comes in gets the prettiest women, has money to burn, even if you are normal your d*ck is probably twice the size 

Happens in every country every day. 

How about you. When still single and you saw a pretty woman with an older guy. Especially after you had few drinks and feeling sorry for you self. How did you go?

• Like 1
SomeRandomGuy

How about you. When still single and you saw a pretty woman with an older guy. Especially after you had few drinks and feeling sorry for you self. How did you go?

same as i do now.. nothing... ha  I don't think i fall into the old category either....  but I was brought up not to question other people's lives or wants.

bahalina buong

I definitely can relate to the OP in this regard and having a short fuse and low tolerance for BS, it's something I've struggled with.  I came here with an open mind, a great attitude and a thirst to learn Bisayan.  After 2 months, I had so many problems with the local a-holes that I stopped learning the language and my attitude was in the shitter.  And this may get me banned, but my problem was that I was treating the local guys as equals.  They aren't and they aren't even close.  IMO, thats the unspoken secret to getting along here and tolerating it all.

• Like 2

I never have problems with the pinoys...am I just lucky? i'm 65 years old and 6 feet 6 inches tall and 248 pounds maybe that is reason. also my gf is 36 and maybe to old for the young boys.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I can just say this. I've had the looks before but as I stay in central Luzon that it's not such a big deal. 

I guess I mean that Pinoys here are more cosmopolitan and foreigners are common.

I have to agree with this, and it was my first thought when reading the OP. When I lived in Cebu I observed  this kind of childish crap regularly. On the flip side I knew a relatively attractive foreigner female who personally experienced a lot of really stupid shit from idiots while just walking Ayala going about her daily business - even sometimes when accompanied by her young child. Some of the comments she would tell me about were so childish and asinine it would make my blood boil.

I rarely ever see or hear this type of stuff going about daily routine in Metro Manila.

• Like 1
ILoveCyrus

sorry to hear that dude.....

They look at my wife ALL THE TIME.........and I grin with delight cuz my wife is Beautiful.  I have her and they don't.

Then they look at me (Pinoy) and what can they say?? I'm not white so I'm just like a local to them.....Lucky me and Lucky her....!!!

Edited by ILoveCyrus
  • Like 2
ILoveCyrus

I rarely ever see or hear this type of stuff going about daily routine in Metro Manila.

But who want's to live in Manila?  I'll visit but not live there.

• Like 3
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I but my problem was that I was treating the local guys as equals.  They aren't and they aren't even close.  IMO, thats the unspoken secret to getting along here and tolerating it all.

You know I think that is a major contributing factor to a lot of the frustrations many expats have when transplanting to the Philippines. Surrounding yourself with people you have practically nothing in common with, and expecting them to have the same value system that you do. Say you are an average guy from back home, had a career, house, car, enough surplus income beyond surviving to have hobbies, take vacations, buy toys etc. Would you really spend your time associating with someone who lives on $150 a month, and may not even generate that income themselves, but instead leaches it off of a relative working their ass off abroad? 

I have a lot of Filipino friends and acquaintances that I can relate to and have intelligent conversations with. Not only are they my 'equal' but some have far surpassed me in education, financial achievements etc.  These  are people have careers, education, interests outside of tanduay and cock fighting,  I also tend to have more in common with Filipinos who have lived and worked abroad.  Im not talking textbook OFWs but those who really integrated themselves into the society in a professional career such as a physician. Its not much different than people from my own country - I have a hard time talking about travel with people who have never left the country. 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 9
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

But who want's to live in Manila?  I'll visit but not live there.

I wouldn't live in Manila either... But theres a lot more to the metro area than Manila, but thats a whole other topic in itself. 

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

ahahah funny story well both of you are in love right me and my gf have a very very big age gape my gf very very reserved then look always in front while walking with me or never on the side sure when we go shopping or in mall many look at us they may wandering what that pretty girl doing with that old men a stay cool has we walk in to hand but if someone really look at us very badly a just kiss my gf to make them more grrrrrrrrrr then we both laugh has my gf say or care i am happy that count for me .

has the gossip well in her village when we visit so many gossip or story about us but i still cool ,but always someone or gossip will come in the house to beg my gf if we can help for money or if they can borrow so my gf reply say ask my bf his hes money up to him guess what no one ask me to shy ,so i am the one laugh again they think they are smart but they not 

do your live no worry about the others has long you both happy or care that your life not they live 

• Like 3