I am at a loss on how to handle

SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

At time's I do wonder if I experience a different philippines to many other here.

i have to ask you guys here as I am to the point where I am seriously over it and not sure what to do.

I like almost everyone else here have a partner. Yes she is attractive, lovely and wonderful. Quiet honestly I do feel I am very lucky and care about her more then I do care about myself.

ok that said.

What is the go here with the rudeness of dongs. She is constantly yelled at in cebuano "that is money there di" we walk thru the mall guys look her up and down so openly and so rudely it is all I can do to not go and punch them in the face.

I have always experienced this to the extent that it is so insulting to myself and my partner that I am close to rage.

A friend of mine was visiting with me and he noticed the looks guys give here... the raping her with their eyes and looks of lust and how blatant they are about it he approached me and asked if it was normal.

Now before this I have always thought that it was something that annoyed me but maybe it was normal.

He could not believe it when he saw it and even said to me and said sorry as he thought I was just a winger.

Another friend of mine ( same age as me ) has only been back for 2 weeks here and he is also at his wits end on what to do about it.

My partner gets ashamed and feels down about it as she says they think she is a whore in fact.

Before we left mabolo the woman that lived a block away approached my girl and told her to leave me and she had a guy that would take her to america ( she was so shocked that someone would think of me and her like this she was upset for many days as she is a bit of a gentle soul).

Am I ranting.. perhaps... does anyone else receive these looks... the disrespect not to me but to my partner is what bothers me the most....  

I am a man and do believe in defending my woman's honor as of yet she has held me back but I can see how much it hurts her.

She is flabbergasted as she has seen how people treat older men here and the respect they give to their partners ( same age as her) and even she as a filipino does not understand what the problem is.

anyway a lil help would be great as this is one of my biggest problems of living here.. the looks

And no anyone that knows me or my gf would know we dress conservative and act proper and respectful in public.

We are just two regular normal people.. so wtf?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SomeRandomGuy

• smokey

• ILoveCyrus

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think about it for a second. Jealous men, screwed at birth by being born in third world country, short dick most likely, piss pot poor and will be for the rest of their life. White man like you comes

You know I think that is a major contributing factor to a lot of the frustrations many expats have when transplanting to the Philippines. Surrounding yourself with people you have practically nothing

This has happened to my wife on numerous occasions; more than once with me standing right next to her. I nearly got into a fight with a taxi driver that asked for her phone number while I was sitting

Posted Images

Yeah that's filipino style, you have to live with that.

Remember filipinos are very jalours and forigners are easy target

I showed my g f your post and she explained that its common here for guys to do that .They are called maniacs here lol lots of philippino men have more than 1 g f and think its ok for them to make comments to any girl they like .you really need to blank it out ,I get stared at all the time not just from girls but guys too ,and yes they guys are not undressing me with their eyes well I hope not hahaha ,The way I deal with it is just to ignore them and walk on by ,it hurts your girlfriend more because she knows what they are saying luckly you don,t .If you let it get to you then you will want to beat up every guy that speaks to your g f . 

• Like 1

I can just say this. I've had the looks before but as I stay in central Luzon that it's not such a big deal. 

I guess I mean that Pinoys here are more cosmopolitan and foreigners are common.

Please don't take what I say as a personal attack. But I think you both are being a little thin skinned. I get looks and usually just look back till they back down. And my wife, and her friends will just tell people like to FMYOB.

I know this sounds weird.But when I get the stare down I usually just do it back so hard that they blink first.

To be honest I have never had one say shit to me after that .

PS. Yeah I feel mad at times. But consider what the facts are!

• Like 1
smokey

At time's I do wonder if I experience a different philippines to many other here.

i have to ask you guys here as I am to the point where I am seriously over it and not sure what to do.

I like almost everyone else here have a partner. Yes she is attractive, lovely and wonderful. Quiet honestly I do feel I am very lucky and care about her more then I do care about myself.

ok that said.

What is the go here with the rudeness of dongs. She is constantly yelled at in cebuano "that is money there di" we walk thru the mall guys look her up and down so openly and so rudely it is all I can do to not go and punch them in the face.

I have always experienced this to the extent that it is so insulting to myself and my partner that I am close to rage.

A friend of mine was visiting with me and he noticed the looks guys give here... the raping her with their eyes and looks of lust and how blatant they are about it he approached me and asked if it was normal.

Now before this I have always thought that it was something that annoyed me but maybe it was normal.

He could not believe it when he saw it and even said to me and said sorry as he thought I was just a winger.

Another friend of mine ( same age as me ) has only been back for 2 weeks here and he is also at his wits end on what to do about it.

My partner gets ashamed and feels down about it as she says they think she is a whore in fact.

Before we left mabolo the woman that lived a block away approached my girl and told her to leave me and she had a guy that would take her to america ( she was so shocked that someone would think of me and her like this she was upset for many days as she is a bit of a gentle soul).

Am I ranting.. perhaps... does anyone else receive these looks... the disrespect not to me but to my partner is what bothers me the most....  

I am a man and do believe in defending my woman's honor as of yet she has held me back but I can see how much it hurts her.

She is flabbergasted as she has seen how people treat older men here and the respect they give to their partners ( same age as her) and even she as a filipino does not understand what the problem is.

anyway a lil help would be great as this is one of my biggest problems of living here.. the looks

And no anyone that knows me or my gf would know we dress conservative and act proper and respectful in public.

We are just two regular normal people.. so wtf?

deal with it or you will be the one in need of a hospital remember your only a guest .... remember what happens to the guy at the bar in colon for saying something , if your going to be sensitive better you take her and move to another country 

• Like 6

We've had pretty boy filipino's singing to her as we walk past. I just give a sarcastic look and laugh saying 'nothing you can do for her or anything you have could take her away from me'.   Only time it bothered me to the point of wanting to floor someone was when a young black American started singing to her about making love. This was on a bus at south bus terminal, as he walked past us. Had to take a few breaths.  I'm not getting in any trouble because some dick head, filipino or foreigner is too confident and thinks he has a chance.

You have to be less thin skinned and above all confident about yourself and the strength of your relationship here.  Not saying you're not, it's your girlfriend who appears to be suffering from this.  My wife gives them evil looks, and had an argument one time on a trike with a filipino who insisted she cheat on her foreigner husband (I was at home), telling her to add him to his phone but with a female name.   He couldn't understand why she wouldn't cheat on the foreigner.  Yeah, that pissed me off when she told me, but I got over it quick.

And for cripes sake move away from Dumaguete. Obviously way too many foreigners there.  There seems to be little respect for younger guys there, you're always complaining about. I'm only a few years older than you and have no problems since moving from Cebu.

I sympathize on what your going through mate. we live in a sub division in Talamban and believe me some of the neighbours are jealous of my wife and kids because she is married to a foreigner, from what we've heard that this small group are always gossiping about us.................so what if their gossiping about us they are not gossiping about anybody else.

You and your partner will have to live with this and as one member said you will have to be a little bit more thick skinned and just ignore them and laugh it off.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

if they are saying something to get under your skin or your ladies .. that means you must be getting under theirs

you win

give me a grin and a wink

• Like 3
quit_yume

i was with a gorgeous lady in bacolod not too long ago..  she was 1/2 filipina & 1/2 european..   tall, beautiful... dressed sexy etc..   the guys there just could not stop staring.   mostly they were checking her out but sometimes when they saw me watching them they looked away.. but it was clearly hard for them.   they are not accustomed to acting with self control.. lol

• Like 3
SomeRandomGuy

yeah also my problem is i do understand most of the language so it is a lot harder to shrug off when i hear what is being said.

Maybe it is time i just packed up and moved from duma infact the philippines in general.

I just wanted to know if other people experience this.

And yes i know what happens here if u do or say anything... I have been here a bloody long time and have learnt first has myself that I am only a visitor here.. not a local nor a human being.

Just wondering how other people deal with it.... as just shrugging it off I have been doing that for 4 months and it gets harder and harder to do it every day.

• Like 1

It does sound to me that you need to move out of the philippines and that your not the type to be able to handle this type of thing .I suppose if you know what they are saying that makes all the difference and you will likely get into a fist fight at some point .I myself just let the guys say what they like because I know for a fact none of the losers can take her away from me .

rainymike

If you've ever been to countries in Latin America, you'd see much of the same machismo type of attitude. Seems to be one of the products of Spanish colonialism. So yeah, some Spanish words are embedded in the pinoy language. And some Spanish culture as well.

Then there's the economic differential of living in a country where many find themselves with zero, zip, nada economic opportunities. Then when some foreigner swoops in from a country with plenty of economic opportunities, there is some degree of resentment and jealousy. 

So the pinay must be a whore chasing after the money that some foreigner is dangling in front of her. Sure that's one way to drag her down back into the mud. To be honest, a lot of the foreigners in also carry that mentality so there's a lot of reinforcement from both pinoy and foreign cultures about foreigner-pinay relationships.

But the bottom line is, this has been going of for centuries - even before the Spanish came here. Happens here in the Phils, happens in the states and other countries as well.

My advice. Be happy for your good fortune. feck everyone else and their uncles. Why do you want to allow them to drag you down to their level? That, in my opinion is the reason for all the gossiping, cat calling, etc. Whether it comes from a local pinoy. Or whether it comes from some foreigner as well.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

My wife is 32 and we have rarely experienced such things, except in other Asian countries where many of them see a Filipina as nothing more than a servant or a whore. She is attractive and has a nice body, but doesn't show it off in public. Myself I am over weight and being taller than 99% of the Filipinos, I stand out like a soar thumb. A few times young people have said things about my size, though I never noticed. Besides I can't speak the language anyway. It hurt my wife and made her mad, but I could care less what they say about me. I'm a big boy, no pun intended.

My wife dresses pretty much like any other Filipina her age. We have noticed that some Filipinas with foreigners seem to dress very provocatively (PC term), especially when compared to most other women in the malls. In fact when we saw someone that stood out like that in Dumaguete, they were with a foreigner about 99% of the time. Of course there it was not uncommon to see what looked like 16-18 year old Filipinas dressed very provocatively and with a man in his 70s. That combination would cause many a second looks. 

As you have said the way your GF dresses is conservative, so that's obviously not the reason. Maybe she has that rare beauty that just makes some men act like pigs.

Bottom line is anyone who yells or even whispers and points are jealous. Just know that and feel proud to have such a wonderful woman who loves you by your side. 

• Like 4
A_Simple_Man

They are called maniacs here lol lots of philippino men have more than 1 g f and think its ok for them to make comments to any girl they like

Keep in mind that they would not be able to do it if the girls did not let them.  I'm saying there are a lot of girls with partners who still get a little on the side and as long as they do that the guys are going to keep on thinking the same way.

This is one of those cases where it is wise for each of us to keep the rose colored glasses on and really believe that our own ladies are faithful, its just the other gals going to see them pinoys when their bfs are not around.

• Like 1