Another Laptop Problem

Paul, are you intent on changing the theme or do you simply want to change the background (i.e. picture(s))?  Background pictures are most easily stored in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper, each set of pictures comprising a separate subdirectory.  You need Administrator privilege to create a new subdirectory and paste new pictures into that subdirectory.

Once finished go to Control Panel - Appearance and Personalization -  Personalization - Change Desktop Background and select the new subdirectory.

Now I fear this may not work as you are using a dual monitor option in your monitor driver.  I say this because currently you catch a glimpse of what you want as you close down.  Therefore the correction may well be in your monitor driver settings.

Therefore the correction may well be in your monitor driver settings.

Perxactly!

If he checks the "Ease of Access" setting as Philuk suggests and depending on that outcome and assuming that it has never worked then either the driver cannot do it or its not set up to access the relevant files.

Edited by No Fixed Address

Perxactly!

If he checks the "Ease of Access" setting as Philuk suggests and depending on that outcome and assuming that it has never worked then either the driver cannot do it or its not set up to access the relevant files.

Although a good place to check, it's not quite what I meant which is the display adapter or possibly the monitor driver (if there are options).

For Paul: does the problem occur when not using a dual monitor setup? 

Thalcoozyo

your welcome mate, will keep looking post it on here if i come up with anything

some site are sugesting cc cleaner and reg cure, but for feck sake stay well away from them, they are worse than a virus

Ccleaner is likely one of your best friends... if you are a regular 'puter user and not an IT professional.   It is highly recommended by most any knowledgeable reviewer.  My company's IT Dept., when called with problems, has this at the top of their list to install then run (when working remotely on employees' 'puters).  I'm not comfortable with your stating that - for the average user - that Ccleaner is "worse than a virus."

• Like 1

Ccleaner is likely one of your best friends... if you are a regular 'puter user and not an IT professional.   It is highly recommended by most any knowledgeable reviewer.  My company's IT Dept., when called with problems, has this at the top of their list to install then run (when working remotely on employees' 'puters).  I'm not comfortable with your stating that - for the average user - that Ccleaner is "worse than a virus."

well try a cusion, maybe that will ease the discomfort,

I have read some real horror stories from people using crap cleaner and fecked it all up

• Like 1

First, may apologies, guys. I have been traveling. I left home yesterday morning, and arrived here in Phnom Penh. I will be heading on up to Battambang first thing today, about 7am. (5am here now.)

found this on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiEs8Kf9BEo

if this is your problem mate, this was the solution below in the coments

solution!! :Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center

Once the dialoge box opens click "Make the computer easier to see" Scroll down and uncheck the box by "Remove background images (where availible)" Hit "Apply" then "Ok" and then on your keyboard hit "Alt + F4" you may have to log out and log back in before it takes affect

:wt-hell:  How that box got ticked, I will never know. But, that fixed it, mate. Thanks a million!!! 

I have hundreds of nudes of beautiful women that I wanted to rotate on my background, but have been unable to do so, until now. Thanks so very much. 

To answer another question, yes, it was doing this while running dual monitors. I have a 24" Philips monitor at my apartment that I attach to the laptop when at home. 

Paul, are you intent on changing the theme or do you simply want to change the background (i.e. picture(s))?  Background pictures are most easily stored in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper, each set of pictures comprising a separate subdirectory.  You need Administrator privilege to create a new subdirectory and paste new pictures into that subdirectory.

Once finished go to Control Panel - Appearance and Personalization -  Personalization - Change Desktop Background and select the new subdirectory.

Now I fear this may not work as you are using a dual monitor option in your monitor driver.  I say this because currently you catch a glimpse of what you want as you close down.  Therefore the correction may well be in your monitor driver settings.

Well, in the past, it always worked. In fact, I don't know, for the life of me, when that box would have become ticked. I just knew that I couldn't sort it, no matter what I did. It was just frustrating as hell for me. 

My account does have admin priv on the computer. And, because I had so many images in that one "nudes" folder, I wanted to limit the backgrounds somewhat. So, I did do what you suggested, and made a sub directory "backgrounds" in the "nudes" folder. I then moved the images I preferred, into it. 

If he checks the "Ease of Access"

That, to me is ridiculous. I mean, if you want backgrounds hidden, just don't use a background image on the computer. That would be the logical thing to do. But to have a crazy option that "hides" the backgrounds, is just - well, crazy.  

Although a good place to check, it's not quite what I meant which is the display adapter or possibly the monitor driver (if there are options).

For Paul: does the problem occur when not using a dual monitor setup? 

Oh, yes. It occurred when using single or dual monitors.

Ccleaner is likely one of your best friends

I use CCleaner.  I don't know whether I rate as a professional or not but I find it very good.  Of course like everything else with home computing you must understand what you are doing.  A mass 'fix' of the Windows registry could leave your system unstable.  Always back up before updating the registry.

Paul: Glad to hear your problem is fixed.

• Like 1

First, may apologies, guys. I have been traveling. I left home yesterday morning, and arrived here in Phnom Penh. I will be heading on up to Battambang first thing today, about 7am. (5am here now.)

:wt-hell:How that box got ticked, I will never know. But, that fixed it, mate. Thanks a million!!!

I have hundreds of nudes of beautiful women that I wanted to rotate on my background, but have been unable to do so, until now. Thanks so very much.

To answer another question, yes, it was doing this while running dual monitors. I have a 24" Philips monitor at my apartment that I attach to the laptop when at home.

your most welcome boss.

Paypal account details to follow

• Like 2