My Global Warming Skepticism, for Dummies

SomeRandomGuy

Majorsco

And NIPCC is following the dictates of its member states political views. Not solely a scientific product.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thebob

• SomeRandomGuy

• Paul

• hchoate

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats a hell of a lot of research and time and money spent on what exactly?   how to pull the wool over a person's eye's?  The only reason I was a skeptic is because AL Gore first brought to our at

My Global Warming Skepticism, for Dummies I receive many e-mails, and a recurring complaint is that many of my posts are too technical to understand. This morning’s installment arrived with the subj

http://grist.org/series/skeptics/   HOW TO TALK TO A CLIMATE SKEPTIC: RESPONSES TO THE MOST COMMON SKEPTICAL ARGUMENTS ON GLOBAL WARMING     Share on reddit  Below is a complete listing of

SomeRandomGuy

so if government org's sponsor something for their agenda they are heroes but if big business sponsors something for their agenda they are villians...

Exactly where does it say anywhere that C02 in the atmosphere is bad?  isn't it measured in parts per million?    that is quiet a small amount isn't it?

isn't 93% of the worlds co2 emissions not man made? so we make up what 7%?  

Dont plants consume C02? wouldn't that suggest more C02 in there air would make plants perform and function and grow better hence producing more oxygen?

why is historical data even mentioned when we have such a small amount of historical data to even use... its like taking 1 year of your life and deciding that is all your life ever will be like.

All this crap is pure and utter nonsense... unproven theory's on both sides.

I for one am happy it is warming up... i would be shitting myself a lot more if it was cooling down.... melting polar caps are nothing to be alarmed about... it is what they do... when they start growing thats when it's time to be alarmed.

honestly do u really trust your governemnt... i know u will say no... so why do u trust a government funded org?   because ? 

mate if there was a fact.... plain and simple it would no longer be theory.... man made global warming. climate change or whatever it is called now is pure hogwash.

I agree there are other chemicals in the air that are more alarming..

I have a rising ant problem in my house.. yesterday i counted 100  today i counted 101    tomorrow it could be a million.... i am very alarmed

thebob

And NIPCC is following the dictates of its member states political views. Not solely a scientific product.

NIPCC is funded by the Heartland institute, funded by big oil.

so if government org's sponsor something for their agenda they are heroes but if big business sponsors something for their agenda they are villians...

The IPCC isn't "government" it is a collaboration of "all" of the bodies in the world who study climate.

It is their mandate to express theories and studies that disagree with their findings. They do an extremely good job of presenting the science.

It isn't their mandate to "dumb down" this information, for the consumption on the scientifically illiterate.

That appears to be the job of the media, in countries that produce the most greenhouse gasses, for the feel good factor of their electorates. And these media outlets are doing a good job of obsfucating the science. Controversy is created, where it doesn't exist, to push an agenda that isn't supported by the science. This is aided by the obvious lack of scientific literacy that is highlighted by the rest of your post.

Majorsco

NIPCC is funded by the Heartland institute, funded by big oil.

The IPCC isn't "government" it is a collaboration of "all" of the bodies in the world who study climate.

It is their mandate to express theories and studies that disagree with their findings. They do an extremely good job of presenting the science.

It isn't their mandate to "dumb down" this information, for the consumption on the scientifically illiterate.

That appears to be the job of the media, in countries that produce the most greenhouse gasses, for the feel good factor of their electorates. And these media outlets are doing a good job of obsfucating the science. Controversy is created, where it doesn't exist, to push an agenda that isn't supported by the science. This is aided by the obvious lack of scientific literacy that is highlighted by the rest of your post.

You slam my scientific literacy based on what? Because I cite political intentions on the part of many scientists and those funding this research. Just more progressive personal attacks a la Saul Olinski.

thebob

You slam my scientific literacy based on what? Because I cite political intentions on the part of many scientists and those funding this research. Just more progressive personal attacks a la Saul Olinski.

Because of these questions.

Exactly where does it say anywhere that C02 in the atmosphere is bad? 

isn't it measured in parts per million?   

that is quiet a small amount isn't it?  

Dont plants consume C02? wouldn't that suggest more C02 in there air would make plants perform and function and grow better hence producing more oxygen?  

why is historical data even mentioned when we have such a small amount of historical data to even use... its like taking 1 year of your life and deciding that is all your life ever will be like.  

You have obviously made no attempt to find out the answers to these questions yourself. 

Regarding the CO2 debate, I learned in school that we exhale CO2, and the plants and trees take in CO2. Plants and trees produce O2, which we need. Win - win situation? 

• Like 1
Majorsco

Exactly where does it say anywhere that C02 in the atmosphere is bad?

isn't it measured in parts per million?

that is quiet a small amount isn't it?

You have obviously made no attempt to find out the answers to these questions yourself.

Not even my words, just a slam. Edited by Majorsco
thebob

We seem to have people here who regard what they learnt in school as being more relevant than the vast majority of the Phd's in climate science on the planet.

Now I'm all for forming your own opinion, but I suggest that it is a little better informed.

SomeRandomGuy

I actually did answer the questions in question form....I was asking you as u seem to know a lot more about it then me..and hey I was just like you once on the global warming band wagon...   so I don't blame you.... Yes I do know the answer to those questions but since I am obviously dumb i thought you could explain the questions to me/?  please as I have been looking into this since 2008 and I do have a lot of time on my hands so maybe I missed something

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

oh well i am retired i could drink and feck myself away but I still have a lot of free time

and I actually edited that as it made me sound like a dick

Edited by SomeRandomGuy
Davaoeno

oh well i am retired i could drink and feck myself away but I still have a lot of free time

and I actually edited that as it made me sound like a dick

well i edited my post also because we certainly dont want you sounding like a dick !! :ROFLMAO:

SomeRandomGuy

ha yes well I am man enough to admit my faults and humble enough to know I am no one special.. that i am a dick and that I can see other people's point of views regardless if I do not share their opinion's

If i just stuck to my guns and pretended I knew everything I would never learn anything at all.

I have never claimed to be a know it all... everything i do post here is my personal honest opinion and I more then welcome flack and input and even insults towards them... and I will take it on the chin learn from it and move on....

Lets be honest if you can't attack someone personal belief or opinion then why even bother being online... it is all we do here anyway mostly

• Like 3
Davaoeno

ha yes well I am man enough to admit my faults and humble enough to know I am no one special.. that i am a dick and that I can see other people's point of views regardless if I do not share their opinion's

If i just stuck to my guns and pretended I knew everything I would never learn anything at all.

I have never claimed to be a know it all... everything i do post here is my personal honest opinion and I more then welcome flack and input and even insults towards them... and I will take it on the chin learn from it and move on....

Lets be honest if you can't attack someone personal belief or opinion then why even bother being online... it is all we do here anyway mostly

I take back all those horrible things I said about you on the bathroom wall !!!  haha  As you say - otherwise why bother being online !! Peace brother 

• Like 1

OK,as this is a climate change thread for dummies here`s my dumb question.

In many areas around the world we are not allowed to burn things like garden waste etc anymore ..

Instead we are encouraged to compost it..

Why is that?

Edited by fred42
Instead we are encouraged to compost it.. Why is that?

To let it break down naturally, later to be used as fertilizer for our gardens, and food for our fishin' worms? While I have yet to get into composting, I am - truly, trying to create a smaller footprint, live cleaner and cheaper, use less energy and other resources, AND to create my own. 

I am no greenie. I am also not a "prepper" thinking the end of the world is near. I am merely trying to live in an area where most people (READ: westerners) cannot generally live, due to no public utilities or conveniences being available to them. This, however, gives me the opportunity to finally live the way, and experience the things I have wanted to for some time. 

I still do not believe living the way I do at the moment, has anything to do with the Earth's natural temperatures. I feel as though the Earth heats and cools on a cycle, be it regular or irregular, over millions of years. What I do will have little to no effect on that whatsoever. 

With that said, the way I choose to live (hopefully within the next twelve months), will cause me to be able to do so, cheaper than I have ever been able to do so before, in SE Asia. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1