Sign in to follow this  
SomeRandomGuy

Hamburger Chef Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald’s Burgers “Unfit for human consumption”

SomeRandomGuy

http://politicalblindspot.org/hamburger-chef-jamie-oliver-proves-mcdonalds-burgers-unfit-for-human-consumption/

Hamburger chef Jamie Oliver has won his long-fought battle against one of the largest fast food chains in the world – McDonalds. After Oliver showed how McDonald’s hamburgers are made, the franchise finally announced that it will change its recipe, and yet there was barely a peep about this in the mainstream, corporate media.

Oliver repeatedly explained to the public, over several years – in documentaries, television shows and interviews – that the fatty parts of beef are “washed” in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption. According to the chef and hamburger enthusiast, Jamie Oliver, who has undertaken a war against the fast food industry, “Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold in the cheapest way for dogs, and after this process, is being given to human beings.”

Besides the low quality of the meat, the ammonium hydroxide is harmful to health. Oliver famously coined this the “the pink slime process.”

“Why would any sensible human being put meat filled with ammonia in the mouths of their children?” Oliver asked.

In one of his colorful demonstrations, Oliver demonstrates to children how nuggets are made. After selecting the best parts of the chicken, the remains (fat, skin and internal organs) are processed for these fried foods.

In reply to all of the bad press this process has received from Oliver, the company Arcos Dorados, the franchise manager for McDonalds in Latin America, said such a procedure is not practiced in their region. The same, it should  be noted, applies to the product in Ireland and the UK, where they use meat from local suppliers.

In the United States, however, Burger King and Taco Bell had already abandoned the use of ammonia in their products. The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent in meats, which has allowed McDonald’s to use otherwise “inedible meat.”

Most disturbing of all is the horrifying fact that because ammonium hydroxide is considered part of the “component in a production procedure” by the USDA, consumers may not know when the chemical is in their food.

On the official website of McDonald’s, the company claims that their meat is cheap because, while serving many people every day, they are able to buy from their suppliers at a lower price, and offer the best quality products. But if “pink slime” was really the “best quality” that McDonalds can muster in the US, then why were they able do better in Latin America and Europe? More to the point, why can they apparently do better now in the United States?

These questions remains unanswered by the franchise which has denied that the decision to change the recipe is related to Jamie Oliver’s campaign. On the site, McDonald’s has admitted that they have abandoned the beef filler from its burger patties.

• Like 4

SkyMan

Old McDonald had a farm, NH4OH

• Like 9

SomeRandomGuy

Old McDonald had a farm, NH4OH
funny

Dragonladies.org

I'm curious what is in the 'sausage' patties at McD's, that never seem to get brown? 

I forget what fast food place I was at a few weeks ago, a big chain, but they were actually deep frying bacon to put on the burgers.

MattFromGA

Cant be too bad for you, billions have eaten it and population is still growing.  Maybe McDonalds can add more until the population crisis is over.

• Like 2

MattFromGA

"Unfit for Human Consumption"

On this forum? LOL

That is stuff happening in the USA.  Expats living in Cebu should worry about much, much worse.  However, population is exploding in the Philippines despite the amount of food that is being eaten that is "unfit for human consumption".  

In China they take thrown out cooking oil and clean it and resell to street vendors, schools, etc.  Sounds gross and I don't want to eat it either, but despite that, Chinese population is growing so fast the government has to force people to stick to 1 child only.

While I enjoy my prime cuts of beef and quality beer as I desire, I realize that many people would die of starvation if they didn't eat food unfit for human consumption.

I also enjoy McDonalds.

Edited by MattFromGA

MattFromGA

Quck poll:

Which would you choose to eat first:

1. McDonalds Quarter Pounder value meal.

2. Prime beef shipped directly from the Fukushima Prefecture.

Baywak

Mc donalds type garbage foods and there are many-are major contributors to the dumbing down of the USA and planet earth !

MattFromGA

Mc donalds type garbage foods and there are many-are major contributors to the dumbing down of the USA and planet earth !

I had contributed that to too much entertainment and not enough time thinking and learning.  I do know going hungry is a good cause for not learning anything because they say it is hard to learn in the classroom when you are starving.  My belief is that when a child spends 3 to 5 hours or more a day watching TV or playing x-box, they are not using those hours to master the piano or violin.  They are not using the 20 hours+ a week spent on entertainment to better themselves in anyway.

I do understand that our bodies are made up of the food we eat, but if you don't actually spend time trying to learn something you wont get too much smarter than you are at that point.  

Edited by MattFromGA
  • Like 3

spooks

Quck poll:

Quck poll:

How do you know that mcdonalds do not use prime beef shipped from Fukushima under a huge discount.  The "pinkslime  glow in the dark" version

• Like 3

MattFromGA

How do you know that mcdonalds do not use prime beef shipped from Fukushima under a huge discount.  The "pinkslime  glow in the dark" version

Exactly!  Check my past posts and you'll see I've been saying this for a few years now.  Except, there is too much risk shipping radioactive food to the USA as sooner or later it would be found.  However, secret shipments to the Philippines could go unnoticed.  I believe it is rare that meat that has not spoiled but is considered "hot" for one reason or another to be destroyed.  I believe they send it off to some location where it can be sold with little care for the people consuming it.

spooks

Exactly!  Check my past posts and you'll see I've been saying this for a few years now.  Except, there is too much risk shipping radioactive food to the USA as sooner or later it would be found.  However, secret shipments to the Philippines could go unnoticed.  I believe it is rare that meat that has not spoiled but is considered "hot" for one reason or another to be destroyed.  I believe they send it off to some location where it can be sold with little care for the people consuming it.

shipping or smuggling........this is great conspiracy posting.....follow the slime follow the slime.....it glows

Pinoys have a thriving double dead meat industry

MattFromGA

.follow the slime follow the slime.....

All it takes is follow the greed.  If someone is going to lose money doing the right thing and make money doing something that hurts other people, it doesn't take much of a genius to know how the decision will go the majority of the time.

SomeRandomGuy

and in other news Monsanto won the world food award

http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/winner-world-food-prize-awarded-for-breakthroughs-in-mass-population-poisoning-10082013

i guess since this is two american based companies I am picking on i once again will be told I am american bashing but seriously what the feck... how the feck does Monsanto win the world bloody food award

On Wednesday, the winners of the World Food Prize were announced at the US State Department, with Secretary of State John Kerry in attendance. This year’s award will be shared among three scientists: Marc Van Montagu, Mary-Dell Chilton and Robert Fraley, all pioneers in agricultural biotechnology.

Fraley is currently the chief technology officer at biotech giant Monsanto, while Mary-Dell Chilton is the founder of Syngenta Biotechnology, another prominent biotech company. In awarding the prize, which comes along with a $250,000 cash award, the Iowa-based World Food Prize Foundation reasons that genetically modified crops offer higher yields, and are more resilient to pestilence and adverse weather.

“These three scientists are being recognized for their independent, individual breakthrough achievements in founding, developing and applying modern agricultural biotechnology,” said Kenneth Quinn, president of the World Food Prize Foundation.  (source)

- See more at: http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/winner-world-food-prize-awarded-for-breakthroughs-in-mass-population-poisoning-10082013#sthash.QFs8y9Ko.8AJJc538.dpuf
Edited by SomeRandomGuy

Kahuna

With world populations growing and food sources not able to keep up can "soylent green" be far behind?They've fooled people for a long time before the pink slime became known so who knows for sure when they make that final switch and Uncle Mort gets turned into a mealy cake instead of the ashes from the creamatorium?If governments look the other way and take the prime cuts for themselves how long before this will happen?

broden

With world populations growing and food sources not able to keep up can "soylent green" be far behind?They've fooled people for a long time before the pink slime became known so who knows for sure when they make that final switch and Uncle Mort gets turned into a mealy cake instead of the ashes from the creamatorium?If governments look the other way and take the prime cuts for themselves how long before this will happen?

i remember seeing something before saying world water resources may not be able to keep up with world food resources needs anyway

Mandingo

It's pretty simple. If you don't like McDonald's, or any other of the fast food giants, then don't eat there. That willl show'em.

• Like 4

ellenbrook2001

never ever will touched a MAC-DO total rubbish but the kids love it hahahahaha

smokey

"Unfit for Human Consumption"

On this forum? LOL

That is stuff happening in the USA.  Expats living in Cebu should worry about much, much worse.  However, population is exploding in the Philippines despite the amount of food that is being eaten that is "unfit for human consumption".  

In China they take thrown out cooking oil and clean it and resell to street vendors, schools, etc.  Sounds gross and I don't want to eat it either, but despite that, Chinese population is growing so fast the government has to force people to stick to 1 child only.

While I enjoy my prime cuts of beef and quality beer as I desire, I realize that many people would die of starvation if they didn't eat food unfit for human consumption.

I also enjoy McDonalds.

well the famous chicken guts on a stick is one that comes to my mind... 

Ozepete

I think most of us old geezers are pretty safe, besides can you imagine how tough the burgers would be if the stuck us through the mincer! :cooking:

• Like 2

Kabisay-an gid

fred42

By Scott Reitz 

Where Is All This Pink Slime Anyway?

A number of articles have been published in the last few days as Safeway and Kroger have announced their intentions to stop selling ground beef products that contain lean finely textured beef. The ammonia treated additive has gotten significant attention after receiving the nickname "pink slime."

If you're not familiar with the stuff, a number of processing plants have been grinding up all the bits of cow left over after normal processing, treating it with chemicals to remove E. coli and other unsafe bacteria and then selling it back to other beef producers who fold it into their ground beef products.

pink-slime-thumb-550x366.jpg

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/cityofate/2012/03/where_is_all_this_pink_slime_a.php

Edited by fred42

SkyMan

Cant be too bad for you, billions have eaten it and population is still growing.
Are you referring the population as whole or the members thereof? 

Safeway and Kroger have announced their intentions to stop selling ground beef products that contain lean finely textured beef.
:good:

T.S.

Beef Products Inc, the makers of "finely textured beef" aka "pink slime" claim that is not a photo of their product.

I have never found the original source for that photo, but I have seen it used in a lot of anti chicken nugget stories/emails.